Dana: Nog had a staph infection leading up to the fight

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Dana: Nog had a staph infection leading up to the fight
HumanTarget
12/30/08 10:07:02PM
http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2008/12/30/dana-white-interview-audio-of-ufc-president-breaking-down-ufc-92/

Hmmm
ThaAxeMurderer7
12/30/08 10:19:40PM
cmill21
12/30/08 10:32:57PM
I wish shit like this woulden''t come out, but I hope this is the reason he looked so bad and he's not getting punch drunk.
postman
12/30/08 10:47:05PM

Posted by cmill21

I wish shit like this woulden''t come out, but I hope this is the reason he looked so bad and he's not getting punch drunk.

Word!
cmb19932
12/30/08 11:32:35PM
no excuses if he had staph he should have kept it to himself
Pookie
12/30/08 11:51:22PM
Makes sense as to why he looked so lethargic
Aether
12/31/08 12:28:30AM
I don't know, to me he has looked slower in his last 4-5 fights, as well as more prone to KOs. He always took a lot of punishment, but when Fedor and Sapp were bouncing his head off the canvas and giving him a 400lb tombstone he still looked perfectly alert. Lately you can see him getting visibly dazed and wobbly... I maintain that Herring could easily have been the first to TKO him and Sylvia also had him hurt quite badly a number of times.

I think he's just getting a little punch drunk and slow from age. He's still good enough to beat pretty much anyone, and I would like to see him make another title run, but I think he also needs to start considering his health.
UFCmma666
12/31/08 12:47:18AM
i was so dissapointed with the fight staph or not nog is one of my favorite fighters and it almost hurt to see him lose the way he did to a guy like frank mir
cmill21
12/31/08 4:38:24AM

Posted by cmb19932

He did, Nog would never ever have said anything to the media. No one should look at this as Nog making an excuse, he will always take it like a man and never say a word.
MikeyG
12/31/08 10:03:38AM

Posted by cmb19932

uh its not hard to detect staph, plus im pretty sure they do post fight inspections, you think nog made that excuse? you just havnt followed long enough man
imanidiot777
12/31/08 10:11:49AM
If he had staph close enough to the fight they wouldn't have let him fight.
cmb19932
12/31/08 12:06:57PM

Posted by MikeyG

Posted by cmb19932

uh its not hard to detect staph, plus im pretty sure they do post fight inspections, you think nog made that excuse? you just havnt followed long enough man

he didnt have staph during the fight so a post fight inspection wouldnt help anyway im just saying i like nog i know he didnt say this but excuses are lame especially when made by someone for you like after forrest beat shogun how everyone came out saying shogun was hurt that was stupid as hell as was this
cmb19932
12/31/08 12:26:35PM

Posted by HumanTarget

BTW, dumbass's, Nog isn't saying anything. Hes not using excuses. He hadn't said a word you ******* retards. This is Dana and Dana only talking.

\

dude relax i know its not nog reread my post and you will see

i just think making excuses is weak even if somone does it for you
HumanTarget
12/31/08 12:48:16PM

Posted by cmb19932

Posted by HumanTarget

BTW, dumbass's, Nog isn't saying anything. Hes not using excuses. He hadn't said a word you ******* retards. This is Dana and Dana only talking.

\

dude relax i know its not nog reread my post and you will see

i just think making excuses is weak even if somone does it for you

True but Nog would never have said anything if Dana hadn't. And come on, a staph infection could seriously interfere with a persons ability to fight.
cmb19932
12/31/08 2:31:02PM
he didnt have staph during the fight just training so i agree he it couldhave hurt him in the long run but if it was that bad he would have droped out
cmill21
12/31/08 3:33:05PM

Posted by cmb19932

he didnt have staph during the fight just training so i agree he it couldhave hurt him in the long run but if it was that bad he would have droped out

Diego had staph during the fight with Kos, so it's bs to say he coulden't have lol.
mrsmiley
12/31/08 3:34:17PM
Regardless,Mir won fair and square.
I could see if Mir had layed on top of him and subbed him were people might want to intergrate this into the reason why he lost,

But the bottom line is Mir came in with the perfect gameplan to defeat Nog.
He exposed him like no one ever has,and for that Mir gets major props in my book.
SmileR
12/31/08 3:42:36PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by cmb19932

Diego had staph during the fight with Kos, so it's bs to say he coulden't have lol.

That was a nasty staph infection as well! I'd still love to see a 3rd fight between them two!