Dana: GSP Victim Of A Stupid Cornerman At UFC 94

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana: GSP Victim Of A Stupid Cornerman At UFC 94
DCRage
2/4/09 10:38:18AM
In the latest chapter today of "Vaseline-Gate", Dana White today appeared on a Boston-area radio station to further discuss the incident. White said he thought GSP didn't cheat, was the victim of a bad cornerman, and also said he wants to make BJ Penn-Kenny Florian ASAP, and in Massachusetts if laws permit.

Article
scoozna
2/4/09 11:21:56AM
and it is already in Wikipedia under Phil Nurse....lol.

Phil Nurse in Wiki

Kind-of a shame that a good career gets marred by something so stupid.
tuvok500
2/4/09 3:17:17PM

Posted by scoozna

Phil Nurse in Wiki

I don't think this is going to affect him in any way, the guy gonna be in demand as much as before, it is not a little incident like that who can destroy a career , of course here it was made of out of proportion but the guy is still a very good corner man.

scoozna
2/4/09 3:34:09PM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by scoozna

Phil Nurse in Wiki

I don't think this is going to affect him in any way, the guy gonna be in demand as much as before, it is not a little incident like that who can destroy a career , of course here it was made of out of proportion but the guy is still a very good corner man.

No doubt he's still a good cornerman, and I even doubt he was trying to grease GSP down, but the NSAC might need a "fall guy" to get out of this gracefully and ban him.
tuvok500
2/4/09 5:32:30PM

Posted by scoozna

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by scoozna

Phil Nurse in Wiki

No doubt he's still a good cornerman, and I even doubt he was trying to grease GSP down, but the NSAC might need a "fall guy" to get out of this gracefully and ban him.

I do agree that if a guy fall it will be him, however i do believe that they can't really do more than giving him a warning or like 500$ fine.

THe commissioner say it himself that Nurse was probably having only a minuscule residue of vaseline in his hand when he touched GSP 's back, so a minuscule among of vaseline can not really be a reason of a banning.
but we never know with this guys, when they have something in their head it is kind of hard to make them change their mind. !