UFC President Dana White, speaking to Yahoo! Sports’ Kevin Iole, has confirmed the UFC’s plans for the remainder of the calendar year.
After getting Montreal fans’ hopes up about a possible return before the end of the year, White revealed to Iole that they won’t be able to hold a second show this year after all. Instead, UFC 91 is planned for Nov. 15 at the Rose Garden in Portland, Ore. and UFC 92 is planned for Dec. 27 in Las Vegas.
White also stated that a planned Georges St. Pierre vs. B.J. Penn fight will not take place at UFC 92 and will instead happen on Jan. 31 during the promotion’s annual Super Bowl weekend show.
The UFC’s calendar for the remainder of the year is as follows:
* Sept. 6 in Atlanta: UFC 88 featuring Chuck Liddell vs. Rashad Evans
* Sept. 17 in Omaha: UFC Fight Night 15 featuring Nate Diaz vs. Josh Neer
* Oct. 18 in Birmingham, England: UFC 89 featuring Michael Bisping vs. Chris Leben
* Oct. 25 in Rosemont, Ill.: UFC 90 featuring Anderson Silva vs. Patrick Cote
* Nov. 15 in Portland: UFC 91 with Kenny Florian vs. Joe Stevenson
* Dec. 13 in Las Vegas: LIVE Finale for the eighth season of “The Ultimate Fighter”
* Dec. 27 in Las Vegas: UFC 92 with Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Frank Mir
* Jan. 31 (2009): UFC’s annual Super Bowl weekend eventLINK