Dan Stittgen in the UFC!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Dan Stittgen in the UFC!!
DeadHead988
1/19/12 7:47:16PM
This should probably go in the news section, but I don't know the format so I'm posting it here. Justin Edwards is out of his fight with Stephen Thompson and Dan Stittgen is filling in for him. The reason I'm posting this is because Dan Stittgen is one of my main training partners and I'm seriously jacked!!!!! Dan Stittgen is the future of the welterweight division!!!!

Dan Stittgen HL
bojangalz
1/19/12 8:02:35PM
Congrats to your training partner and gym DeadHead.
ajp10k
1/19/12 8:04:17PM
Stittgen is too legit. Pumped to see this man fight!
bojangalz
1/19/12 8:15:03PM
Yeah... I don't want to be a downer here, but Mr. Stittgen has the stereotypical midwest journeyman resume'. He hasn't beaten a single fighter with a winning record with the exception of a 2-1 guy. I wish him all the best, but we've seen guys like this come in on short notice many times and get washed out. He's got a real chance to win in his debut considering Thompson's record is built with much of the same level of competition though.
tmas
1/19/12 8:35:04PM
just because he is your training partner and friend doesnt make him the future.....however cool bro excited for you, your gym, and him. :) best of luck hopefully he is the future and he comes to the playground and does some fun stuff with us!.
DeadHead988
1/19/12 8:40:57PM

Posted by bojangalz

Yeah... I don't want to be a downer here, but Mr. Stittgen has the stereotypical midwest journeyman resume'. He hasn't beaten a single fighter with a winning record with the exception of a 2-1 guy. I wish him all the best, but we've seen guys like this come in on short notice many times and get washed out. He's got a real chance to win in his debut considering Thompson's record is built with much of the same level of competition though.

He really should be undefeated, the loss to Justin Edwards was controversial and supposed to be overturned. Also, he's got the advantage of having a style that no one's prepared for. I guarantee you've never seen anyone fight remotely similar to him.
tmas
1/19/12 10:38:26PM

Posted by DeadHead988

Posted by bojangalz

He really should be undefeated, the loss to Justin Edwards was controversial and supposed to be overturned. Also, he's got the advantage of having a style that no one's prepared for. I guarantee you've never seen anyone fight remotely similar to him.

unless he can remove his arms, legs, and throw them accross the cage i think i have seen it....MMA is really not that different, and ALL styles are beatable....unless you can throw a limb at someone style!....

i know it wasnt directed as me, im just saying dont make him out to be the best thing coming just say you think he is really good, is going to win, give us some information as to why what you think he is good at how he will win etc...and let us watch and fall n love, get a bigo man crush on em!
ChokeUout
1/20/12 1:11:56AM
Uh, yeah....Congrats to your boy and everything, but don't you think he should, maybe, win a fight in the UFC before you declare him the future of the welterweight division?

Don't get me wrong, best of luck to him. Hope he does well, and maybe collect a couple discretionary bonuses from Dana and Lorenzo, haha.

In all seriousness, you should be excited for him. But I'll have to see a couple fights before I declare him the future of a division ruled by GSP.
Budgellism
1/20/12 1:35:23AM
After watching his HL video it appears he's got a very good top game. He also has the charisma to be a star. He seems a little reckless but that usually equals fight night bonuses. Good luck to him
Aether
1/20/12 1:45:25AM
jesus, lol. People are pretty down on this guy. Deadhead is just happy for his friend, I don't think he thinks he's going to beat GSP or something.
prozacnation1978
1/20/12 2:01:44AM
Congrats
gartface
1/20/12 9:06:54AM

Posted by Aether

jesus, lol. People are pretty down on this guy. Deadhead is just happy for his friend, I don't think he thinks he's going to beat GSP or something.

This. You guys know you'd be just as excited as he is.

Congrats to him and everyone at your gym, Deadhead. That's a big moment for anyone.
emfleek
1/20/12 9:41:16AM

Posted by gartface

Congrats to him and everyone at your gym, Deadhead. That's a big moment for anyone.

Yep. Let's pump the brakes on the d-bag express, please.
gartface
1/20/12 9:48:05AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by gartface

Yep. Let's pump the brakes on the d-bag express, please.

emfleek
1/20/12 9:49:47AM

Posted by gartface

gartface
1/20/12 9:57:40AM
I think the funniest thing on there is "People with car alarms."
emfleek
1/20/12 10:02:44AM

Posted by gartface

My personal favorite is either "Dane Cook Fans" or "Dane Cook".
gartface
1/20/12 10:12:44AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by gartface

My personal favorite is either "Dane Cook Fans" or "Dane Cook".

I won't lie. My civic has a car alarm.

Definitely agree with you on that.
DosBox
1/20/12 10:20:48AM
With Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson having some sort of a following going into his UFC debut, it would be a good opportunity for Stittgen to make a name for himself.

Not having seen too much footage on Stittgen, I am under the assumption that Thompson does have quite the advantage on the feet which ultimately sticks out in this matchup for UFC newcomers.
Kpro
1/20/12 10:50:26AM
Nice, that's awesome DeadHead

PG will be cheering for him!
tmas
1/20/12 10:57:34PM
ill be rooting for em too, and this is a joke but send an av bet ill take whoever he fights!!!! lolll :P..