MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Dan Miragliotta Speaks
grappler0000
6/3/08 7:23:43AM
MMA REF DAN MIRAGLIOTTA ON "CONTROVERSY" AT ELITE XC CARD (6/2) WITH C & C

ESPN Radio

grappler0000
6/3/08 7:43:27AM
A couple of things that I would like to call BS on:

1. Dan says that when JT slaps him, he thinks he's still in the fight and that he mistakes Dan for Kimbo. Don't believe that for a minute. They exchange some words and it's only when Dan assures him that the fight is over, that JT slaps/strikes him. This story would support him making the right call, but it just doesn't appear that way, no matter how many times I watch the video again.

2. Dan says that the fight was stopped because of the strikes and not because of the ear. I'm curious why when JT asked him why he's stopping the fight, he responds by saying his ear is about to fall off of his head...it's as plain as day in the video as well. I would guess this explanation would again keep him out of hot water, so is this the truth or just what he needs to say to save face? Why can't he say he stopped the fight because of the ear...well, because he's not a doctor. If he thought the ear would pose a problem, he should of had a doctor look at it, just as he would do for a cut.

OK, I'm done ranting.
Jackelope
6/3/08 8:16:04AM

Posted by grappler0000

A couple of this that I would like to call BS on:

1. Dan says that when JT slaps him, he thinks he's still in the fight and that he mistakes Dan for Kimbo. Don't believe that for a minute. They exchange some words and it's only when Dan assures him that the fight is over, that JT slaps/strikes him. This story would support him making the right call, but it just doesn't appear that way, no matter how many times I watch the video again.

2. Dan says that the fight was stopped because of the strikes and not because of the ear. I'm curious why when JT asked him why he's stopping the fight, he responds by saying his ear is about to fall off of his head...it's as plain as day in the video as well. I would guess this explanation would again keep him out of hot water, so is this the truth or just what he needs to say to save face? Why can't he say he stopped the fight because of the ear...well, because he's not a doctor. If he thought the ear would pose a problem, he should of had a doctor look at it, just as he would do for a cut.

OK, I'm done ranting.

D0wnUnd6e6r
6/3/08 8:49:49AM
Lol you could even hear thompson yell out "bullshit" just before he slap dan in the face. and on the broadcast u could clearly see dan trying to reason with JT. Mirglotiaaitataa is full of shiaaaat
stock
6/3/08 9:11:28AM
lol... He mistook Dan for Kimbo??
I don't remember Dan slapping Kimbo during the fightt at all.
I do remember his dropping about a dozen unanswered elbows though.
D0wnUnd6e6r
6/3/08 9:24:00AM

Posted by stock

re-read it. says that JT slaps Mirgoplata. Thompson slaps dan and yells out "bullshit" when the fight is stopped.
SmileR
6/3/08 11:22:29AM

Posted by grappler0000

A couple of things that I would like to call BS on:

OK, I'm done ranting.

With out doubt one of the worst decisions I have ever seen. Theirs no way he can honestly say JT thought he was Kimbo! Thats the worst excuse I've ever heard! I loved the way he never mentioned JT shouting bull shit. I also don't get how he defended the 2 mins of unanswered blows. JT is 250something Lb no matter what 50 or 60 unanswered blows should be a fight stopper.
He should have his license revoked. The only thing he did right in the whole fight was not call the fight for the "tap".
teddythetuna
6/3/08 12:21:45PM
They had Kimbo winning before the fight started. It was rigged. BS call and i hope he only gets to ref in elite which hopefully is out of business by this time next year. Crap card with most fights being crap and crap stoppages.
gartface
6/3/08 12:40:44PM

Posted by teddythetuna

They had Kimbo winning before the fight started. It was rigged. BS call and i hope he only gets to ref in elite which hopefully is out of business by this time next year. Crap card with most fights being crap and crap stoppages.

Still don't understand why the NJAC would rig a fight? Miragliotta doesn't work for EliteXC.
Boo_Radley21
6/3/08 1:23:16PM
I'm calling shenanigans on Elite XC
kMMAs
6/3/08 2:17:03PM
Rigged or not, everything about that Elite XC event was horrible and set MMA back 5 years IMO. The refs sucked, MOST of the fighters looked sloppy, the announcers were a bunch of clowns with incorrect commentary on the moves and had a plain ignorant tone throughout (including frank shamrock).

Now theres news articles all over papers about how bad MMA is, and how is "a niche sport for immature 28 year olds" and so on... Dana White even went on ESPN to defend the sport because of this fiasco...

Im sure all of you agree, for those who appreciate MMA as a legitimate SPORT, this was the worst event to be the first nationally televised one. The uneducated and uninterested viewers who thought they would try out watching an MMA event since it is free on respected CBS network to see what all the hype was about are now back to their initial views...not a sport...."barbaric slug fests" where stratigy doesnt come into play.....

Ah......thats it for me, no more conversation on this topic cuz it will just frustrate me. Its just gonna take time.... Hopefully when Im an old man it will be as respected as it should be....
holt8081
6/3/08 3:48:59PM
he should only be able to ref boxing where they allow that type of stuff hes not capable for mma type matches.
teddythetuna
6/3/08 6:39:18PM
Piss poor stoppages in more than 1 fight seems a little odd to me. Conspiracy theories aside i think dans stoppage was bogus. especially when kimbo took like 10-15 elbows that were unanswered.
bigbubbano23
6/3/08 7:42:36PM
bad stopages but i sill think dan is a good ref.
Pookie
6/3/08 7:54:06PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

I'm calling shenanigans on Elite XC

SHENANIGANS!!!
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
6/3/08 11:12:37PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by teddythetuna

Still don't understand why the NJAC would rig a fight? Miragliotta doesn't work for EliteXC.

Are you that naive? gary shaw could easily have talked to miragliotta in the back before the show and stated a bonus for making sure kimbo won.
stock
6/4/08 9:16:23AM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by stock

re-read it. says that JT slaps Mirgoplata. Thompson slaps dan and yells out "bullshit" when the fight is stopped.

I don't need to re-read anything.
I was being sarcastic.
If James really thought that the ref was Kimbo, why the hell would he "slap" him?