MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Dan Miragliotta
POLL: how did he do ?
Great 1% (1)
Good 13% (9)
Poor 36% (25)
Terrible 50% (35)
GrandMaster313
8/9/09 3:22:23AM
I don't know bout you but I thought he stopped a fight early and let other fight(s) go to long on the ground with OUT standing them up after drawn out dry-humping fights.

Comments ???
Khaos
8/9/09 3:28:35AM
I tihnk he did poor like usual, I never expect good refing from him, but that's just me.
joshryanshepherd
8/9/09 4:02:18AM

Posted by Khaos

I tihnk he did poor like usual, I never expect good refing from him, but that's just me.

believe me bro, its not just you

telnights
8/9/09 5:43:30AM
I think he should have been banned from Reffing after the Kimbo vs Thompson fight where he not only showed poor reffing but blatant favoritism.
DCRage
8/9/09 9:27:19AM
I was OK with the stoppage last night, Amir clearly wasn't defending himself and had been legit rockd by those Hendricks uppercuts. And besides, at least he let Amir fight! Hopefully this is the last we ever hear of the "TUF Curse".
State_Champ
8/9/09 9:40:19AM
I thought the stoppage last night was early...Amir was standing up as Dan Miragliotta jumped in....

Also, Hendricks' last 5 punches or so were all to the back of the head of Amir......
Aaronno9
8/9/09 9:41:13AM
I cant really remember the fight, I was pretty drunk, but when Amir was on all fours, did it look to anybody else that Hendricks was just hammering away at the back of his head?
shevtheman
8/9/09 10:21:02AM
TBF i think a lot of Hendricks punches looked like they were connecting from Miragliotta's position (which kinda indicates his positioning was poor) when in fact nearly all the punches were wild swinging punches over the back of Amir's head and they grazed more than anything...thats why Amir was on his way back up because nothing connected. He definetly got rocked though, whether he was out is questionable.
whardin19
8/9/09 1:05:52PM
This guy has to be the worst ref in the buisness! The Amir fight was stopped to early and Hendricks was punching him in the back of the head.
moob
8/9/09 3:40:44PM

Posted by DCRage

I was OK with the stoppage last night, Amir clearly wasn't defending himself and had been legit rockd by those Hendricks uppercuts. And besides, at least he let Amir fight! Hopefully this is the last we ever hear of the "TUF Curse".

I think it was premature.

Amir was watching the punches (a lot of which were illegal - back of the head etc) coming and knew what he was doing. He was also trying to stand up just as the ref stopped it.

The ref didn't have a good enough view of what was happening to call the fight either - he was behind Hendricks and couldn't really see how Amir was doing.
Aether
8/9/09 4:28:03PM
I've always thought he was far and away the worst ref in the sport. Unquestionably. Has there been a SINGLE card with him reffing in ANY organization that didn't produce controversy? This guy is so horrible, seeing him as a referee is worse than seeing cecil peoples on the judging panel. At least Cecil gets it right once in a while.

I really think his license should have been revoked a long time ago.
juggernautakira
8/9/09 4:44:13PM

Posted by DCRage

TUF Curse? Not understanding that one...

Amir was standing up as he was getting pummelled. Think about that for a second. He was standing up as he was taking strikes... Hmmm......
I may not be a fighter, but if I can get up as I receive punches, those punches arent clean or strong.

Another distinction that indicates Amir was fine was that he complained about the stop. He wasnt confused and grabbing the ref as if HE was the opponent, like weve seen in the hilarious past. He was coherent.

What really pisses me off is that the night was a snore fest until this fight...then its stopped early. 101 = let down.
gartface
8/9/09 8:06:29PM
I love how Miragliotta gets so much crap, but I hardly ever hear any bad things about Herb Dean or Mazzagatti.

If any ref stood out last night it was Kevin Mulhall, and I think he might be the best ref that the UFC is being given.
MASTERofPUPPETS
8/9/09 10:17:06PM
He is the dumbest ref ever, i think we can all remember the cro cop al turk eye poke the was so clear and the retard just starred at him like he has no clue what was happening
GrandMaster313
8/10/09 10:32:22PM

Posted by gartface

I love how Miragliotta gets so much crap, but I hardly ever hear any bad things about Herb Dean or Mazzagatti.

If any ref stood out last night it was Kevin Mulhall, and I think he might be the best ref that the UFC is being given.

he gets so much crap because he's not good. The others make mistakes too..... Just not every stink'n card their on
raymurda
8/11/09 11:27:25AM
hes a ref b/c hes a big guy like big john. to bad he cant hold a candle to john. UFC biggest mistake getting rid of him, best ref in the bizz hands down.
emfleek
8/11/09 11:29:02AM

Posted by raymurda

hes a ref b/c hes a big guy like big john. to bad he cant hold a candle to john. UFC biggest mistake getting rid of him, best ref in the bizz hands down.

The UFC never "got rid of him"...he retired.
RhythmAndStyle
8/11/09 1:28:45PM
the Amir stoppage was a good call..as most fighters WOULD at lease put up a arm to defend themselves from the punches..but Amir stayed on the ground and ate all those punches..good close on his part..he did how ever let some fight on the ground go too long..but overall..he did a good job..i see most of ya'll bitchin bout the Amir match..get over it..Amir got rocked and dropped..and was clearly out...
moob
8/11/09 2:26:06PM

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

the Amir stoppage was a good call..as most fighters WOULD at lease put up a arm to defend themselves from the punches..but Amir stayed on the ground and ate all those punches..good close on his part..he did how ever let some fight on the ground go too long..but overall..he did a good job..i see most of ya'll bitchin bout the Amir match..get over it..Amir got rocked and dropped..and was clearly out...

Just a small point you've failed to consider, Amir was on all fours when the ref made his stoppage (where he wasn't well-sighted to do so) and was in the process of trying to get up, using his hands and knees to do so. With that in mind, it would be tough for him to defend himself in the way you're trying to describe.

Hendricks landed about 4 strikes - none of them cleanly, but also illegally to the back of Sadollah's head, as the last strike landed, Amir had moved his knee up, pushing up with his hands to stand up - just as the ref was there to stop it.

You can see it again .here
Aaronno9
8/11/09 2:31:53PM
Im over it now. I was a bad call, but im sure Dan will be reffing again come 102, and no doubt make some more horrible decisions. He should be replaced full time by somebody like Goddard. Or mabey we could have a series of TUR (the ultimate referee) to get some replacements.

Im very dissapointed we didnt get to see more of Amir, he looked pretty good while he was given the chance to fight.
juggernautakira
8/12/09 7:54:06PM

Posted by moob

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

Just a small point you've failed to consider, Amir was on all fours when the ref made his stoppage (where he wasn't well-sighted to do so) and was in the process of trying to get up, using his hands and knees to do so. With that in mind, it would be tough for him to defend himself in the way you're trying to describe.

Hendricks landed about 4 strikes - none of them cleanly, but also illegally to the back of Sadollah's head, as the last strike landed, Amir had moved his knee up, pushing up with his hands to stand up - just as the ref was there to stop it.

You can see it again .here

What he said.
Rush
8/12/09 10:23:14PM
I'm not sure I'd be quick to judge those strikes as being to the back of the head. Of the ones that I could see, looked more like they were to the ear area.

That being said, I though the stoppage was premature. I think Dan could have waited a few seconds more to see if Amir collapsed or got up. Personally I don't think Amir would have recovered from that flurry. It was early in the fight and he was eating a lot of shots. One of them most certainly should get through.

I think Dan jumped the gun because he was standing behind the fighters and from there all you can see is Amir taking uppercuts (several clean looking shots) and then collapsing almost on to his belly. I think it was that point that Dan committed to the stoppage.

I think Dans reffing was far worse in the Neer-Pellengrino fight. That was also a fight that (IMO) displayed what is wrong with the current MMA judging procedure.
juggernautakira
8/17/09 11:58:10AM
There are two things I would like to see in the UFC.

One, a ref being fined for calling premature stoppages.

Two, taking "purse money" from fighters who are boring like PRIDE used to do.
TXMMAFAN
8/18/09 12:42:03AM
DAn has a big problem with eyes he poked heath and let cro cop destroy al turks eye. Im sure its not easy to be a ref in the moment but there is a serious problem with refs as of late there MUST be a standard of testing these refs.
Rush
8/18/09 9:55:27AM

Posted by TXMMAFAN

DAn has a big problem with eyes he poked heath and let cro cop destroy al turks eye. Im sure its not easy to be a ref in the moment but there is a serious problem with refs as of late there MUST be a standard of testing these refs.

How does a ref "let" a fighter poke another fighter in the eye?