Dan Lauzon and Rafaello Oliveira Sign With UFC, Square Off at UFC 103

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dan Lauzon and Rafaello Oliveira Sign With UFC, Square Off at UFC 103
MMAcca
7/30/09 11:41:16PM
Two more Affliction cast-offs have found a new home with the UFC, as lightweights Dan "the Upgrade" Lauzon and Rafaello "Tractor" Oliveira have signed with the organization, and will face each other in the Octagon at UFC 103 in Dallas in September. Jason Benfari at FiveKnuckles.com has the report:

A source close to the event has informed FiveKnuckles.com that Dan Lauzon will square off against long time B.J. Penn training partner Rafaello Oliveira at UFC 103 in Dallas, TX. The fight is expected to be announced by Dana White as part of a UFC press conference tomorrow.

LINK
Gogoplatapus
7/30/09 11:54:33PM
First, "The Upgrade"? Could be the worst nickname of all time and second no Hordecki? Looks like that fight was never meant to be.
grappler0000
7/31/09 12:20:20AM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

First, "The Upgrade"? Could be the worst nickname of all time and second no Hordecki? Looks like that fight was never meant to be.

His brother's nickname is J-Lau and you think The Upgrade is bad? With nicknames like Twinkletoes, Bring The Pain, The Hater Hurter, and The Dean Of Mean, I'll take The Upgrade any day of the week.
DevonFoxy
7/31/09 1:05:02AM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Gogoplatapus

His brother's nickname is J-Lau and you think The Upgrade is bad? With nicknames like Twinkletoes, Bring The Pain, The Hater Hurter, and The Dean Of Mean, I'll take The Upgrade any day of the week.

Haha great point. But I'm glad they signed Dan. I figured they would but I'm really excited to see him back in the octagon.
Twenty20Dollars
7/31/09 2:13:03AM
UPGRADE! I remember mask always saying that.

Good to see Dan back in the octagon.

RearNakedJoke
7/31/09 5:01:59AM
i always liked upgrade. kind of a friendly poke at his brother. will be interesting having 2 brothers competing in the same division in the ufc.
emfleek
7/31/09 8:33:51AM
YES!!!!! WAR UPGRADE!!!

And I personally think it's one of the better (and more original) nicknames.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
7/31/09 9:57:51AM
it's like Christmas for the UFC and UFC fans when they sign a ton of new talent all at once, pretty exciting I think.
I mean I love strikeforce,dream,sengoku etc but it is neat when the ufc can pick up the remains of a failed organization
KaibaThedon
7/31/09 1:14:09PM
They should call him D-Lau like D-Lo Brown the old WWF star.

I mean even being "D-LO Brown" is better than being "J-Lo(pez)"

Anyone ever watch the video of Joe and Dan in a scrap on the grass in someone's front yard? I think I saw it in the Extras portion of the TUF5 DVDs I bought. It was pretty good times.
prozacnation1978
7/31/09 7:06:35PM
decent pick up in lauzon but i am glad the ufc has a sense of urgency to give these ex afflications guys fights asap since they are already in shape for ufc 103 and 104 to fight
Kpro
7/31/09 11:50:50PM
I was one of the maybe 5% picking Oliveira over Gomi for Affliction, dude is no joke.

This is a solid solid fight.