Dan Hornbuckle wants UFC fights with Josh Koscheck and Jon Fitch

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dan Hornbuckle wants UFC fights with Josh Koscheck and Jon Fitch
ThaAxeMurderer7
11/8/09 3:10:21AM
Dan ‘The Handler’ Hornbuckle hit international MMA headlines when he knocked out Akihirio Gono at Sengoku 9 in August. The head kick KO was so heavy that Gono had to be stretchered from the ring.

Since then, Hornbuckle has gone on to beat Nick Thompson by TKO at Sengoku 10, taking his record to 19-2. He is sure he will arrive in the UFC at some point in the near future.

Link
jae_1833
11/8/09 3:16:43AM
I'd like to see him in the UFC, but KOing Gono (unfortunately) is no longer a reason to talk major trash and assume your getting top 5 UFC guys upon arrival. After a couple of UFC wins then you will probably get your shot at them. Oh, and good luck with it!
kopower
11/8/09 5:43:02AM
Like his confidence but biting off more than he can chew.
Giant_Ochai
11/8/09 11:14:12AM

Posted by kopower

Pure speculation by you. There is a reason that the fights happen.
gartface
11/8/09 11:58:34AM

Posted by jae_1833

I'd like to see him in the UFC, but KOing Gono (unfortunately) is no longer a reason to talk major trash and assume your getting top 5 UFC guys upon arrival. After a couple of UFC wins then you will probably get your shot at them. Oh, and good luck with it!

What about Paulo Thiago? He fought Koscheck in his very first fight, and KO'd him.
kopower
11/8/09 1:20:57PM

Posted by Giant_Ochai

Posted by kopower

Pure speculation by you. There is a reason that the fights happen.

Of course it's specualation by me. Not saying he wouldn't have a chance but the competition he has faced isn't up to Kos or Fitch's level. He would have a better shot at Kos than Fitch imo.
higdon10
11/8/09 4:19:41PM
I think that both Kos and Fitch would handle him.
Jride
11/8/09 4:54:30PM
Very confident.. We will see
prozacnation1978
11/9/09 7:49:04AM
i say sign him before strikeforce does
State_Champ
11/9/09 9:49:11AM
Sign him!
I want to see him fight in the UFC.
Rush
11/9/09 11:24:10AM

Posted by gartface

Posted by jae_1833

What about Paulo Thiago? He fought Koscheck in his very first fight, and KO'd him.

Good point.

Dan certainly has a record that should warrant him a spot on a UFC undercard. Depending on the outcome and how he looks in that debut, I think he could potentially move up the UFC ranks fast (if he doesn't lose)
Wolfenstein
11/9/09 1:03:27PM
He deserves a shot in the UFC, but he has to get through the DK's and TJ Grant's of the world first.
jae_1833
11/9/09 11:50:04PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by gartface

Posted by jae_1833

Good point.

Dan certainly has a record that should warrant him a spot on a UFC undercard. Depending on the outcome and how he looks in that debut, I think he could potentially move up the UFC ranks fast (if he doesn't lose)

What I meant wasn't that he wouldn't do good in the UFC, just that Gono isn't that big a name/draw anymore....it's like beating Randleman or JTT IMO. As for P. Thiago (good/valid point btw) I think that it was Kos's fault and I think Thiago's days are numbered. But then again it's just my opinion....
codyq
1/11/10 3:39:21PM
Hornbuckle and Hardy would be the fight I would want to watch once Hardy gets smothered by GSP.

Nick Diaz vs Paulo Thiago

Anthony Johnson vs Paul Daley

Shields vs GSP

Marius Zaromskis vs Josh Koscheck

Jon Fitch vs Tyron woodley