Dan Henderson Won't Fight Chael Sonnen

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dan Henderson Won't Fight Chael Sonnen
Shawn91111
3/19/12 8:38:58PM
Dana had said..

"He'll fight whoever has that belt. Dan doesn't seem too picky, I think he would fight Chael Sonnen [if he won the belt from Silva]."

Hendo says thats not true...

"Chael lives up in Oregon but I know him real well. He was with me and Randy [Couture] when we first started our team," Henderson told ESPN.

"I don't have any real desire to fight at middleweight. The only guy I'd cut weight for is Anderson Silva, win or lose that could still happen.

"But it's not high up on my list at all. Silva's the only guy I'd cut weight for. I've got the light-heavyweight thing in my mind and that's it. I'd fight Anderson Silva but I'm only interested in the UFC light-heavyweight title right now."

LINK
Chael_Sonnen
3/19/12 8:53:00PM
Smart man.
tcunningham
3/19/12 9:37:00PM
not surprising with all the team quest history.
Wallass
3/19/12 9:40:42PM
I like his reasoning and to me it makes sense.
Manak
3/19/12 10:51:37PM
so basically anytime dana say something about dan, he comes back with the complete opposite. these guys need to get on the same page.
Shawn91111
3/19/12 11:45:01PM

Posted by Manak

so basically anytime dana say something about dan, he comes back with the complete opposite. these guys need to get on the same page.

Or maybe its about time fighters call out Dana's shit. Dan doesnt take shit from Dana, never has.
Bubbles
3/20/12 12:47:39AM
well this answered my question I asked a little while back. I agree with his reasoning
rush13
3/20/12 12:54:15AM
Hendo shouldn't fight anybody at MW, especially this late in his career...I wanna see Hendo vs Bones!
Cooler
3/20/12 1:04:44AM
Here's hoping Jones either gets a first round KO or gets finished in said round because I dont want Hendo having to wait forever to get a shot at the Light Heavyweight Belt. I personally dont care to see Hendo at Middleweight anymore.
Poor_Franklin
3/20/12 2:17:27AM
Hendo needs to be at LHW. I wish he could fight Anderson at 205 or 195
Boo_Radley21
3/20/12 2:53:09AM
Dan Henderson...keepin it real. its good to see hes still got love for Randy and Chael.
Manak
3/20/12 2:09:12PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Manak

Or maybe its about time fighters call out Dana's shit. Dan doesnt take shit from Dana, never has.

ehh, if you are gonna call out dana then it better be in a very calculated way since he is still their boss. if stern or goodell get blasted by one of their players in the media you better expect a fine, just as if normal ppl were to call out their boss you better not cross the line cause it is your boss
Shawn91111
3/20/12 4:29:07PM

Posted by Manak

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Manak

ehh, if you are gonna call out dana then it better be in a very calculated way since he is still their boss. if stern or goodell get blasted by one of their players in the media you better expect a fine, just as if normal ppl were to call out their boss you better not cross the line cause it is your boss

Im sure he really doesnt care and has done it for a while now.
bjj1605
3/20/12 10:34:55PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Smart man.

He's a smart man because beating up Chael is so insignificant that it wouldn't do anything for his career.