Dan Henderson wants to stay at 185 now - Wants Re-match with Silva

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dan Henderson wants to stay at 185 now - Wants Re-match with Silva
kastro_316
6/3/08 1:06:22PM
Dreamfighters.com

Dan Henderson talks about how he wants to stay at 185, and wants one more fight before he goes at it again with Anderson Silva!
IriShame
6/3/08 1:08:54PM
How does this guy deserve a rematch after one fight? I want to see him fight Wandy again at 185 this time. Now that's a fight I would pay for.
hodge
6/3/08 1:10:46PM
I dont know what Hendo should do 3 losses in a row would not be good
The_Italian_Stallion
6/3/08 1:17:21PM
I think the most ideal match-up for Hendo right now is to take the fight with Rich Franklin. I would pay so much money to see such a fight and I want to see it happen more than almost any other fight right now.

I think Rich could take him but it'd be really close!
Boo_Radley21
6/3/08 1:18:50PM
Henderson would beat Franklin hands down and I think in a rematch with Silva he would win this time.
jgtribbett
6/3/08 1:30:06PM
title defenses barely count imo... if ufc gotdoesnt wanna keep hendo around.. they are stupid.. he can fight with the top 3 or 4 in 2 different weight classes
CornishMMA
6/3/08 1:30:46PM
Franklin wanted to fight Silva again as well, Dan should look and learn, i think he would deserve another shot if he beat Franklin but woudl they risk that fight cos what happens if Ace wins?

Okami is the right contender now, then the shot after that could go to Cote/Almeida imo
gsquat
6/3/08 1:31:49PM
Hendo vs Ace would be a superfight. Hendo is the kinda of gritty opponent Rich is used to beating so I'd have to take him. If Hendo beat Rich, he'd definitely deserve another crack at it.
Twenty20Dollars
6/3/08 1:39:51PM
The only way I see hendo getting the rematch is if he beats someone at 185 and then beats like Okami or Franklin, because just a win over okami or franklin shouldnt be enough when he has had back to back losses even though they werent in the same division but still.

So im saying two more wins and then a rematch. but has to beat a top contender also.
Boo_Radley21
6/3/08 1:43:53PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

The only way I see hendo getting the rematch is if he beats someone at 185 and then beats like Okami or Franklin, because just a win over okami or franklin shouldnt be enough when he has had back to back losses even though they werent in the same division but still.

So im saying two more wins and then a rematch. but has to beat a top contender also.

He does have back to back losses but it is against two champs. I do think it would be the right decision to give him another fight though because there are a lot of guys he could dominate and it would be a shame to see him drop 0-3 in the UFC.
aaa9erh8er
6/3/08 2:11:32PM
i agree one fight with a uppper MW if he wins he gets rich if he beats rich he earns it. honestly do you think okami or cote can beat anderson.

but i would love LOVE to see wany hendo 3
CantAndleDaRiddum
6/3/08 2:28:33PM
Hendo should fight Rich on the same card as Okami/Silva

winner gets the champ!

loser gets the loser

but rational decisions usually never happen
DaMaGeInC
6/3/08 3:23:58PM
hendo vs franklin would be a great fight i would drop the dough for that show , and yes then he would deserve a rematch if he wins.. Then the worst thing is if Franklin wins who does he get after that you know theres not gonna be a franklin silva 3. i guess we gotta hope wanderlei really wants to come down that would be pretty cool but with wanderlei winning against jardine there gonna have him fight maybe once more or so and push the jackson vs wanderlei rematch which would be pretty killer as well. but by the end of it all hendo will be in the same boat rich is in is the 185 limbo. Anderson Silva is just to much man for the both of them. i look forward to seeing Anderson prolly remaining the champ for the next year and a half to 2 years its just something we need to start excepting, Anderson for now is an unstoppable force.
Gipper
6/3/08 5:43:28PM
if hendo gets another chance at silva. he's taking him out this time.
jakeiceman
6/3/08 6:11:10PM

As long as he sticks to his game plan and doesnt try to stand with Silva, I love Henderson so I hope he can do it.
coldchillin
6/3/08 6:37:21PM
Henderson-Franklin makes the most sense right now.
Pookie
6/3/08 7:35:15PM

Posted by IriShame

How does this guy deserve a rematch after one fight? I want to see him fight Wandy again at 185 this time. Now that's a fight I would pay for.

the same reason that rich franklin and matt hughes got a title shot after one fight, They were better than any other contender in the division(arguably). Also he took a round from anderson and gave him his most competitive match. he by a mile deserves another title shot more than anybody else in teh division.
Pookie
6/3/08 7:38:06PM

Posted by jakeiceman

As long as he sticks to his game plan and doesnt try to stand with Silva, I love Henderson so I hope he can do it.

The problem with hendo is that he rarely sticks to his gameplan.
kurt-2112
6/3/08 7:50:57PM
I Agree, i would like to see Hendo vs. Franklin. Anderson Silva right now is pound for pound the best fighter, he is keeping that title for a long time, when/if he does lose it, it's only a matter of time when he would get it back.
jakeiceman
6/3/08 9:32:30PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by jakeiceman

The problem with hendo is that he rarely sticks to his gameplan.

I know damnit! He has too much confidence in his power, it really sucks because it looked like he had what it took to take out Silva until he got caught, i knew it was a matter of time if he stood in front of him...oh well this is what rematches are for I guess.
bigbubbano23
6/3/08 9:43:58PM
yea he def needs a couple good wins before that happens.

Is Okami still in ufc?
CantAndleDaRiddum
6/3/08 10:10:44PM

Posted by bigbubbano23

yea he def needs a couple good wins before that happens.

Is Okami still in ufc?

im pretty sure he's fighting anderson next

if im wrong please correct me someone
xAcidburNx
6/4/08 12:19:54AM
what i would really hate to see is anderson walk the road fedor is. beats everyone more than once and then since theres no one left they feed him bums for a while so they can find new stars and it never happens. all of a sudden people are questioning anderson if he is the real deal anymore and everyone starts saying someone else is the best pound for pound because theyve been fighting top competition. real shame it would be i say
breakdown5
6/4/08 12:25:33AM
Staying at 185 is stupid at this point. Any fighter in the UFC MW Division who can make another weight should try and do so. Silva is a freight train.
xAcidburNx
6/4/08 5:56:41PM

Posted by breakdown5

Staying at 185 is stupid at this point. Any fighter in the UFC MW Division who can make another weight should try and do so. Silva is a freight train.

oh ye its soooo stupid that henderson would wanna fight in his proper weight class
jgtribbett
6/4/08 8:04:21PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Hendo should fight Rich on the same card as Okami/Silva

winner gets the champ!

loser gets the loser

but rational decisions usually never happen

hahahah well put