Dan Henderson Wants Another Shot at Anderson Silva

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dan Henderson Wants Another Shot at Anderson Silva
SmileR
5/7/08 1:56:49PM
Here’s the thing about this video. You know when you ask Dan Henderson who he wants to fight that he’s going to say Anderson Silva. And after that, when you ask him if he really thinks he has a legitimate shot at beating Silva, you know he’s going to say yes. You know that. But you have to ask him anyway, on the off chance that he’ll say he wants nothing more than to face Rich Franklin next. Then we could all relax without having to challenge one another’s illusions.

No such luck. However, note that Hendo says he wants to “get back in there and earn another shot.” Would beating Franklin accomplish that? Probably.

Also note the Dan Henderson-Wanderlei Silva highlight in all its slow motion, sound effect-y glory. Then tell me you wouldn’t want to see that one happen again. Just saying.

Link
MMAcca
5/7/08 2:02:52PM
I'm glad he realises/admits that he needs to earn another shot st Silva
bustin_mma
5/7/08 2:22:59PM
Im a big henderson fan but i would like to see him get a few wins against some decent guys like tanner or okami, so the new fans can get to see what hes all about. then he should get another shot at silva
Ordep
5/7/08 2:44:31PM
After a couple of wins he'll get his rematch. I'll pick him for the win when this happens.
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/7/08 2:46:08PM

i love rich, but i think he's gonna get destroyed against dan. cant wait to see this fight
Twenty20Dollars
5/7/08 2:48:53PM
I would say that it would put him back up there. I mean beating the #3 guy right now in Franklin. Because I have Okami #2 as the contender right now.

Silva needs to fight okami and then hendo needs to fight rich and then see where the MW division is at from there.
RMFG_187
5/7/08 3:09:24PM
Hendo got over confident in round 2. was trying to stand when he didnt need to.

Hendo totally controlled the first round, like i had never seen before. Anderson Silva is not easy to takedown, and smuther for a whole round, gaining half guard
DevonFoxy
5/7/08 3:17:41PM
I really want to see this fight as I think Henderson is probably the only person who has a legit shot at beating Anderson. I mean alot of fighters have punchers chances and such but Hendo is the only fighter I know can take Anderson down keep him there and pound him there.

With reference to winning back to get there I agree he should have to but beating Rich would def. accomplish all he needs. Hes not getten any younger so I want him to get his shot before he gets up there. I guess he could be like Randy and fight well into his 40's and still be great but id really like to see him in there again with the spider asap.
whardin19
5/7/08 3:30:20PM
I could definetally see Henderson getting another shot down the road after a few wins. Plus I would like to see it. He definetally dominated that first round. But didn't follow his gameplan in the second. Plus I'm not sure at how many people under Yushin Okami deserve a shot at the title.
hdnet_mma
5/7/08 3:49:10PM
give hendo another shot NOW!
189lber
5/7/08 3:55:40PM
He's a great fighter. Give him another chance.
NatedawgThaM
5/7/08 3:57:37PM
Any wrestler who shoots doubles or singles is always gonna get owned by Silva because he has an excellent guard and is good at controlling fighters which is why Okami will be getting kTFO again and why GSP will get KTFO.

But grecco roman wrestlers on the other hand will be his biggest weakness because like you saw in the first fight their clinch takedowns already land them in half guard which means half the work is already down. Now just punish him with elbows. So Hendo will ALWAYS have the best shot at beating Silva, but I just can't pick him until Anderson shows laziness because he's that damn good.
kevietre
5/7/08 4:10:00PM
I think if he losses to Silva then he's in the same spot Rich Franklin is in where he can beat everyone else thesides the middleweight champ (anderson)
Riggeee
5/7/08 4:12:54PM
at least he said he wants to earn the shot at anderson so maybe along that road he will fight rich franklin...
prozacnation1978
5/7/08 4:37:10PM
get over it you lost!!!!!!!!!!

okami deserves next shot,

you fight franklin if you win
then you face nate marquadt winner gets next shot at title

while silva faces okami and hopefully fihlo
bls1919
5/7/08 4:57:18PM
What about Franklin going to 205? IS that happening or not? If it is then who does he fight? i say Marquardt. then on to Silva for the title
postman
5/7/08 5:48:33PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

get over it you lost!!!!!!!!!!

okami deserves next shot,

you fight franklin if you win
then you face nate marquadt winner gets next shot at title

while silva faces okami and hopefully fihlo

Your crazy. Marquardt got owned by Silva. Dan won the first round. Dan also went 5 rounds with Rampage and if you flip the time of controll in the 3rd and gave Dan the back half of that round he probley wins that fight. If Dan beats Rich there is no reason he dosn't get Silva. Okomi should get his shot first. But Dan is the only guy in the UFC @ 185 who can beat him.
ohiostate1016
5/7/08 11:43:29PM
I think Travis Lutter wants a shot first, though.
PaleHorse
5/8/08 12:31:22AM
I think Henderson should fight Franklin and then Okami, but I don't really care to see Okami fight Silva at least in the mind of someone who actually thinks that the person across the cage should stand a chance, which I don't think Okami does at all, Henderson has been the only person who has proven he deserves to stand across the cage with Silva, maybe Demian Maia will make his way up there, but Henderson is still the #1 contender in my books, I want to see him fight Franklin though, should be a great bout if that happens.
PaleHorse
5/8/08 12:32:19AM

Posted by ohiostate1016

I think Travis Lutter got kicked out of the UFC.
tomp6581
5/8/08 5:37:27AM
I would pay to see Anderson Silva V Hendo 2.

If Hendo went the distance with Silva I would expect there to be another rematch sooner, but since Silva choked him out in the 2nd....Hendo has to beat up some more middleweights first.

Anderson Silva proved in that fight with Hendo, that he is pound for pound the top guy in the world....an amazing fighter. I honestly thought that Hendo would get the decision, the first round was how I expected the whole fight to go. But Anderson showed why he was the champ.

But like I said before, if Hendo got another shot, I pay to see it.

slappywhite
5/8/08 1:49:04PM
wonder if he'll just use the same tactic of covering his mouth, maybe if he covers it even more this time that would help him to win
ohiostate1016
5/9/08 11:48:35AM

Posted by PaleHorse

Posted by ohiostate1016

I think Travis Lutter got kicked out of the UFC.

So? They could box!
rampigill
5/10/08 12:38:09AM
If he Beats franklin yes he should get one, It was a good fight, he got caught...Watch for bisping to rail off a few wins and be right up there
NinjaCyborg
6/2/08 11:04:01AM

Posted by RMFG_187

Hendo got over confident in round 2. was trying to stand when he didnt need to.

Hendo totally controlled the first round, like i had never seen before. Anderson Silva is not easy to takedown, and smuther for a whole round, gaining half guard

Well in round 2 Dan attempted to take Silva down again and got knee'd in the face so hard it damn well nearly knocked him out. After that Dan was completely dazed and Silva just man-handled him and put him in a body lock.
I don't think Dan could beat him in a second fight

A. Silva takes it 9/10 times
ncordless
6/2/08 12:12:19PM
Yeah, it will happen again. All the other matches make laugh...

Silva v. Okami

Silva v. Bisping

Hendo v. Bisping

Hendo v. Cote
Thunderfighting
6/19/08 1:16:18PM
so what that he choked him out. there was like 10 seconds left in the round, what we dont know and what the whole mma community wants to know weather they are ready to admit it or not is "what would have happend if dan would have lasted the rest of the round." I will tell you what would have happend, we would have had a new Undisputed Middleweight Champion of the world in Dan Henderson.
89vision
6/19/08 1:20:23PM
well hendo didnt do very well, i think he has a better shot at rampage, at least it was a close fight