Dan Henderson training for Rousimar Palhares UFC 88 fight (Pics)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Dan Henderson training for Rousimar Palhares UFC 88 fight (Pics)
SmileR
8/18/08 8:32:58PM
Hendo looks inshape and mean! Heres the Link
jiujitsufreak74
8/18/08 9:05:02PM

Posted by SmileR

i hope he bounces back against Palhares because i believe he is the only one who can dethrone Anderson.
SmileR
8/18/08 9:10:17PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

i hope he bounces back against Palhares because i believe he is the only one who can dethrone Anderson.

I'm with you on that man! He controlled him for the first round and it gave me hope that he could be the one to do it! I'd love to see Hendo get a few warm up fights rather than being thrown in with the champ of each devision.

Bowen50
8/19/08 1:04:59AM

Posted by SmileR

I'm with you on that man! He controlled him for the first round and it gave me hope that he could be the one to do it! I'd love to see Hendo get a few warm up fights rather than being thrown in with the champ of each devision.

yeah man Hendo is one of my favorites so i obviously picked him against Anderson and was a very happy man during that first round then we saw what happened haha. he is definitly the only one that can dethrone Anderson. i really just hope he hits Palhares right on the button and send his mouth piece flying into the 5th row. Hendo is due for a highlight reel KO.
Mayhem13
8/19/08 1:14:36AM
I really like Hendo, but I love that the UFC brought in the Palahares and Maia to show some crazy jujitsu at MW...and I am hoping Palahares gets to show some more...
mrkennedy
8/19/08 4:55:31PM

Posted by SmileR

no Côté can beat him
MikeyG
8/20/08 3:07:26AM
I like him better at light heavy, I hope he goes back to 205 again sometime, I would have no problem picking him to beat Forrest.
Mr_Dead_Sexy
8/20/08 5:03:13AM
I think I'm one of the few taking Palhares. This seriously has FOTN written all over it.
gsquat
8/20/08 2:56:02PM

Posted by Mr_Dead_Sexy

I think I'm one of the few taking Palhares. This seriously has FOTN written all over it.

I've got Hendo right now, but I'll probably switch to Palhares. Fast, strong takedowns and will break your leg off if he gets it. I don't know about fotn, but sotn .
LionHeartWarchild
8/20/08 3:35:19PM
I'm a huge fan of Henderson and I'd really hate to see him lose 3 straight but Palhares is very dangerous. That guy has insane BJJ and can pull it out of nowhere. I'd give the stand-up edge to Hendo and the ground edge to Palhares. I think if Henderson can use his wrestling to keep it standing its very likely we'll see Palhares get KO'd. If it hits the ground, I think we'll see Hendo get submitted. Either way, I think this should be a great match and I truly believe that if Hendo isn't the guy to dethrone Silva ,Palhares most certainly is.
jocka
8/20/08 7:20:44PM
Hendo is a great fighter and he better be in shape for Palhares cause man that guy is a BJJ beast man that back to arm bar transition was crazy, ill pick him against Hendo and will bet on it too but thats just me i like to go for the underdog, I do realize that Hendo will probably take that one with a UD but i can definitly see a submission win for Palhares
Kastro
8/20/08 8:19:43PM
Not a big fan of Hendo... I respect his skill and seniority in the MMA game im just not too entertained with most of his fights... or some of the arrogant things he has to say about his opponents sometimes..

This is going to be a good fight between a veteran of the game and a new age up and coming mixed martial artist who is hungry for the spotlight... I got Rousimar upsetting Henderson with a unanimous decision.

Remember where you heard it first folks!