Dan Henderson says he'll face Lyoto Machida at UFC 156

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dan Henderson says he'll face Lyoto Machida at UFC 156
crushedbacon
11/8/12 11:49:18PM
It appears that Dan Henderson be trying to regain his UFC light heavyweight title shot on February 2nd. In a live interview on Spike TV's Uncensored Live, Hendo confirmed that he will be facing former champion Lyoto Machida at UFC 156. The bout is probably a number one contender's bout, considering both men have claims for a title shot already.

LINK
DrivenDavies15
11/8/12 11:51:18PM
SICK
Aldo/Edgar
Hendo/Machida
Evans/Lil Nog
Faber/ ??
Erick Silva/ ??

UFC sure are stacking their events
prozacnation1978
11/9/12 12:07:10AM
Sounds good to me. I just booked my hotel today for that weekend
FastKnockout
11/9/12 12:16:15AM
Book it, Joe!
ghandikush
11/9/12 1:15:58AM
They'll have to wait in line for the Jones Sonnen immediate rematch after rd2 tko because Sonnen was able to control the first two minutes... blah blah (insert random jaded comment)
Chael_Sonnen
11/9/12 1:36:18AM
Right now, somewhere deep in the Jungles of Brazil, Macheetah is RUNNING.....where you ask? far away from Dan Henderson...that's where!
aussiemma
11/9/12 6:11:11AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Right now, somewhere deep in the Jungles of Brazil, Macheetah is RUNNING.....where you ask? far away from Dan Henderson...that's where!

i thought you guys had a little tiff and arent on speaking terms anymore ?? what's the dealio chael ??
george112
11/9/12 7:53:40AM
hendo will win if his conditioning holds up. he will need a little more In the gas tank this fight then in a few of his previous ones

hope to see a KO
Shawn91111
11/9/12 8:21:31AM
As a die hard Hendo fan I dont like this matchup for him. Id feel better if it was a 3 round fight and still annoyed Hendo was screwed over
mrsmiley
11/9/12 8:40:59AM
For me I think Hendo needs to finish this fight early. The longer it goes the more I think Machida will top Hendo's cardio and outpoint him.
ghandikush
11/9/12 8:48:02AM

Posted by Shawn91111

As a die hard Hendo fan I dont like this matchup for him. Id feel better if it was a 3 round fight and still annoyed Hendo, and Lyoto, and Shogun were screwed over

Fixity fix fix.
SmileR
11/9/12 9:09:28AM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Shawn91111

As a die hard Hendo fan I dont like this matchup for him. Id feel better if it was a 3 round fight and still annoyed Hendo, and Lyoto, and Shogun were screwed over

Fixity fix fix.

A close win over Vera doesn't make a number 1 contender. Shogun is far from a title shot. If rampage wins his next fight I think he's got more of a case.
ghandikush
11/9/12 9:13:40AM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Shawn91111

Fixity fix fix.

A close win over Vera doesn't make a number 1 contender. Shogun is far from a title shot. If rampage wins his next fight I think he's got more of a case.

I definitely agree, only reason I always mention Shogun was also screwed over is because he was the guy on that fight card with lyoto who was billed as the number 1 contender shot. So imo that makes him at least a reserve behind Hendo and Lyoto.
bjj1605
11/9/12 9:22:53AM
Terrible match up for Hendo.

I can see it now......

Hendo will chase Lyoto around for 15 mins desperately trying to land that one big right hand while Machida will be lighting him up with straight shots and kicks to the body and legs.
NaturalBornKiller92
11/9/12 9:49:57AM
this card coupled with 155 and the fox card make up for the last few months. Hope the injury bug doesn't effect these cards!
ghandikush
11/9/12 11:30:57AM

Posted by DrivenDavies15

SICK
Aldo/Edgar
Hendo/Machida
Evans/Lil Nog
Faber/ ??
Erick Silva/ ??

UFC sure are stacking their events

WAR ALDO EDGAR!!! While I think Aldo is gonna kill him I definitely see Edgar as still owning half the LW belt!!
Chael_Sonnen
11/9/12 2:28:31PM

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

i thought you guys had a little tiff and arent on speaking terms anymore ?? what's the dealio chael ??

That was soooo 2 weeks ago brother - - - Dan will be helping me coach on TUF.....we are as tight as a highschooler playing on the MMA Playground...ooohh wait
Bubbles
11/9/12 5:47:43PM

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Hendo is one of the coaches on Chael's TUF team
Bubbles
11/9/12 5:49:17PM

Posted by NaturalBornKiller92

this card coupled with 155 and the fox card make up for the last few months. Hope the injury bug doesn't effect these cards!

and then everyone will bitch about watered down cards and blah blah once March rolls around