Franklin by KO/TKO 8% (4)
Hendo by KO/TKO 25% (13)
Franklin by sub 8% (4)
Hendo by sub 0% (0)
Franklin by dec 29% (15)
Hendo by dec 31% (16)
veritas
10/9/08 6:30:21PM
Fighting at LHW, Ace vs Hollywood, who do you think will emerge victorious in this showdown? I think it has the potential to be a pretty gnarly fight, but I do think in the end Henderson takes it by UD the majority of the time, maybe a late TKO. I just don't see how Franklin could beat him. What are your thoughts?

aaa9erh8er
10/9/08 6:41:19PM
i think it will be hendo in the second via his right hand or a UD ast the end
im not trying to count out franklin i love him i realy do but hendos stronger on the ground and imo has better standup i thik it will be a awsome fight tho cant wait
mkiv9secsupra
10/9/08 6:42:58PM
Hendo vs Rich 1 Hendo vs Rich 2 Hendo vs Rich 3 Hendo vs Rich 4 Hendo vs Rich 5 Hendo vs Rich 6
+a few more

I dont think we need anymore Franklin vs Henderson threads
tuvok500
10/9/08 7:20:46PM
Franklin UD

nickcuc547
10/9/08 7:27:30PM
henderson is too good of a wrestler, especially at 205, he can hang with franklin standing and he is much better on the ground.
veritas
10/9/08 7:31:14PM
mkiv9secsupra, there have been a lot of threads on this topic but only one poll and that was back in April before this fight was announced...
nickcuc547
10/9/08 7:59:35PM

Posted by veritas

mkiv9secsupra, there have been a lot of threads on this topic but only one poll and that was back in April before this fight was announced...

what that's a little too far back to be throwing out a post like that.
mkiv9secsupra
10/9/08 10:36:05PM

Posted by veritas

oh sorry. i didnt realize the rules of the forum had a "Only repost a topic that has numerous posts when there needs to be a poll up to date" rule. guess i just missed that one.

10. Please check the first 5 pages of the UFC/Pride forum, and the first 3 of any other forum for a related topic before you start a new thread. We only have so much space, and would like to keep the discussion going without people having to constantly repeat themselves. If you add your thoughts to the existing thread it will refresh to the top of the front page. DO NOT start a similar thread just to make sure people see your post so that your thoughts gets special attention.

Wait...uummmm...i didnt see the bylaw of only reposting so you can have an up to date poll.....
sonicsmokesweed
10/10/08 1:30:20AM
why is Hendo moving up? I dont get it because this caues too much confusion why ont he just stay in one weight division and chill?
veritas
10/10/08 11:49:44AM
Heres to pissing off mkiv9secsupra by not paying attention to the bylaw!!! YAAAAAA!!!!!!!
copcopps
10/10/08 4:02:35PM
Franklin by sub, dunno why sub but I just think that Hendo's getting a bit to old for Ace.
CwB
10/10/08 7:26:41PM
Does anyone else wish this was a five round fight...

even though i think dan can end it early in the first three

i am still undecided on the fight but i am leaning towards a decision
coldchillin
10/10/08 10:42:59PM
Henderson by unanimous decision... his wrestling is too good for Franklin and he has the stand-up skills to strike with him as well.
jawbreaker517
10/16/08 10:18:16PM
Didn't i just post this topic 2 wks ago??
SlimboKice
10/17/08 1:12:28PM
Rich Franklin beat up on lutter harder than anderson himself did. This is one math teacher that any fighter should be scared of. Franklin can take Hendo, He's not scared of anyone ya'll just wait
cowcatcher
10/17/08 1:18:44PM
i think rich is the better striker of the 2, dont get me wrong, dan can end the fight with one big right, but if rich can keep some distance and mix in kicks with the punches i think he can grind out a decision. rich is better off his back than dan, and dan is better on top, so it will be interesting if/when it goes down because more than likely dan will be on top, but if rich gets top position i think he can do some real damage there. should be a good close fight unless of course dan uncorks that big right.
gsquat
10/17/08 1:48:36PM
Yes, but you know Dan isn't gonna stand there and strike the entire time. Or even most. He's gonna look to clinch, take Rich down, and pound on him or submit him. The question is what will Rich be able to do in the clinch, and will he be able to avoid takedowns. I understand that Rich has made a career of beating guys with styles similar to Hendo's but Hendo is on another level.
cowcatcher
10/17/08 2:51:15PM

Posted by gsquat

Yes, but you know Dan isn't gonna stand there and strike the entire time. Or even most. He's gonna look to clinch, take Rich down, and pound on him or submit him. The question is what will Rich be able to do in the clinch, and will he be able to avoid takedowns. I understand that Rich has made a career of beating guys with styles similar to Hendo's but Hendo is on another level.

i wont completely disagree with you there, but dan is one of those guys that lkets his ego go a little too much sometimes and stands in the pocket trading more than he should. i agree that his gameplan has to include a ton of clinchwork because i think most people see that as richs weak spot after the fights with silva, and hendo is a beast in the clinch, but hes not the same kind of beast as anderson. if dan gets rocked hes going to clinch up for sure and try to take it down, but if he just gets peppered with annoying shots he might get a little angry and decide to try to tee off on rich and that might be really bad news for him. but lets face it its a super tough fight to call, and is an incredibly even matchup that either guy could take.
cmill21
10/17/08 6:23:25PM
I think Rich will start off using kicks but Dan will goat him into a brawl, which Dan will win via devastaing KO.
mikevolz
10/17/08 7:29:11PM

Posted by cowcatcher

i think rich is the better striker of the 2, dont get me wrong, dan can end the fight with one big right, but if rich can keep some distance and mix in kicks with the punches i think he can grind out a decision. rich is better off his back than dan, and dan is better on top, so it will be interesting if/when it goes down because more than likely dan will be on top, but if rich gets top position i think he can do some real damage there. should be a good close fight unless of course dan uncorks that big right.

well put.

henderson is the better brawler of the 2, and franklin is the more technical striker.

franklin's strategy will be to stay on the outside and box with henderson. franklin will want to stay at distance from henderson. that is the only place he has the advantage.

henderson could use 2 or 3 strategies. brawl with him, beat him up in the clinch, take him down and beat on him.

i think henderson takes it. i mean, he just fought anderson silva in march, and franklin is going to try to use a similar strategy against henderson i think.

i dont see franklin finishing henderson, and i think he has too much of a brawlers mentality, not good enough footwork, nor quick enough hands to successfully outpoint him to a machida-esque victory.

jocksmall
10/17/08 7:57:01PM
i love this match up im sorry one of them has to lose because they are two of my favorites. i think that rich has better stand-up but not as much power. rich will have to keep his distance avoid the clinch and out point dan , he can hope he lands enough shots to hurt him and then pounce for the tko. that being said i see so many ways dan could win. he has one punch ko power and hes not afraid to get in the pocket and exchange. he is really strong in the clinch as we all know and a better ground guy. the percentages are with dan from my perspective. i hope they both have a solid performance because a hard faught lose to the other will not be a major setback.
NatedawgThaM
10/18/08 2:13:14PM
Hendo 2nd RD KO

I think if they grapple, Hendo will over power him and win a decision. But on the feet I think Hendo hits too hard and will be too aggressive for Franklins awkward style to work since hendo will be fearless and never stop coming at him and I think he'll catch Franklin with a deadly over hand right catching him at some point in the fight and stopping him.