Dan Henderson vs Rich Franklin

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Dan Henderson vs Rich Franklin
balack_o-bama
3/17/08 5:59:23PM
Do you see this fight happening as much as I do?
KB24
3/17/08 6:35:16PM
In a 3 round fight I see Dan winning a decision if he doesn't KO Rich
cmill21
3/17/08 6:45:19PM
I don't know how rich would win. I think Hendo would win via UD or KO.
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/17/08 7:11:33PM
yes i see this happening & i see one GREAT fight in our future
Pookie
3/17/08 7:14:32PM
Hendo by dominating UD

I think franklin would end up trying to grapple with him after eating a few punches, and then get manhandled in the clinch losing every round.
postman
3/17/08 7:24:30PM
Yeah I don't like Rich's chances in this one.
backalley101
3/17/08 7:52:33PM
I want to start off by saying I'm not talking bad about Ace, but in the second fight with Anderson, it looked like he was scared. You could see fear in his eyes. I don't think he's been the same since then. I think Dan would win this fight hands-down. Once they get in the clinch, Henderson would outwork him in the dirty boxing. Take it to the ground and pound him out.
Kracker_Jap
3/17/08 8:08:09PM
I would Love to see this happen!

But I would like to also see Anderson be brought into the 3rd round
Aaronno9
3/17/08 8:24:52PM
Id like to see ace and henderson fight....... against anderson...... together. I think theyd last till the 4th round.

If they did fight though i think rich would win via armbar.
Gipper
3/17/08 8:30:09PM
i think there is no doubt that these 2 guys are the #2 and 3 in the mw division. obviously i have to go with my guy hendo. ko
casey64
3/17/08 8:37:02PM

Posted by cmill21

I don't know how rich would win. I think Hendo would win via UD or KO.

DevonFoxy
3/17/08 9:48:18PM
Yea Cmill hit this one on the head Henderson is better than Rich in everything by a lot actually. I really wouldn't see this fight going more than 2. Franklin hits hard but Henderson hits MUCH harder and has a rock chin. He is a better wrestler and In the clinch is where this fight would end up and Rich would end up going down.
Fight ends with Hendo on top throwing relentlessly.
iwannabesedated
3/17/08 10:03:39PM
Id have to go with Dangerous Dan in this one...Id say KO probably round 3.

Id like to See Dan fight Ricardo Almeida.
mkiv9secsupra
3/18/08 12:28:36AM
This fight seems almost like a guarantee thanks to Anderson saying Rich was the better fighter.

I guess im the only one picking Rich in this fight? I think hes got the overall striking advantage and Henderson would have the grappling advantage. But i think Rich could sprawl for a bit and do just a little more than Hendo and win the UD.
Pookie
3/18/08 12:32:53AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

This fight seems almost like a guarantee thanks to Anderson saying Rich was the better fighter.

I guess im the only one picking Rich in this fight? I think hes got the overall striking advantage and Henderson would have the grappling advantage. But i think Rich could sprawl for a bit and do just a little more than Hendo and win the UD.

he didnt say that. He said that Rich is the true champion. But remember this fight was in front of rich franklins home crowd.

Its pretty obvious that Henderson gave anderson a much much tougher fight then franklin did.

in the three rounds franklin has fought anderson he's lost all three 10-8 in each round IMO, complete domination every single round.

Henderson on the other hand won the first round undeniably, before getting subbed in the second. He did more damage to silva in round 1 than franklin did to him in all of his fights combined.
Mayhem13
3/18/08 12:36:44AM
Dan by UD.. but I dont think it would be a dominant win..it would be closer then a lot of people think I bet....and kind of boring I think..
shogun7
3/18/08 2:44:41PM
The fight is for sure going to happen and rich is for sure going to get dominated
NatedawgThaM
3/18/08 2:54:24PM
If they stood and traded it will look like Houston Alexander-Keith Jardine with obviously Hendo playing the roll of Houston. He would rock him a hard over right or two, drop him with an uppercut and finish him with punches, it'd be over in a flash.

So if they traded most of the time, then Hendo first round KO. But Rich is the exact same fighter as Hendo as he likes to stand or over power you in the clinch. Hendo is just ten times better and stronger. If they clinch'd up Hendo would get a quick takedown and stop him in the 2nd or maybe 3rd if Rich hangs tough.

But I'd say Hendo 1st round KO since Rich isn't the same fighter since Anderson knocked him out twice.
mkiv9secsupra
3/18/08 5:22:24PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM
since Rich isn't the same fighter since Anderson knocked him out twice.

thats odd...you must be either really close to rich or be a pyschic because other than that there is no way in hell youd know something like that.

NatedawgThaM
3/18/08 6:31:11PM
No watch the 2nd round of the 2nd fight. Rich wanted no part in that fight anymore since Anderson KO'd him with a second left in the 1st. Yeah that's right, I think the fight should have been called there. Rich was out.

Dan is way better then Rich on the feet too and hits harder then Anderson. Anderson is just more accurate. Rich's stance makes him vulnerable to be hit which is why Anderson was able to beat him so easily. People don't see that because of his big awkward style with that stance and it scares people since he's usually bigger the them. Hendo would land an overhand right and the fight would be over. The only advantage Rich has is with submissions and the only reason Hendo got submitted against Anderson was because Anderson has long ass legs and was able to stretch a leg over Hendo's hip from wrestlers scarf mount.

Rich wouldn't have such luck since Anderson was only able to submit him in the first place after stunning him on the feet. Rich wouldn't stun him and does have limb length like Silva. I only say Rich has the submission advantage because he trains with Jorge Gurgel. If he still does...

JuggaloWarrior878
3/19/08 1:53:36AM
This a fight ive always wanted to happen these guys flip flopped for the #1 spot for a long time before anderson came around. i hope if franklin beats lutter they set it up
CactusBob
3/19/08 9:36:07AM
How are people saying Franklin is not the same fighter since being knocked out twice? He hasn't fought since the second beating from Silva.... I think Franklin will bounce back and kick Lutters ass.

Anyways, As long as Henderson doesn't stay standing, I think he will win. People are making the mistake of saying that because Franklin got his ass kicked by Silva on the feet, Henderson is better there too. I disagree. In fact, I think Franklin would beat Henderson on the feet barring an overhand right. If Henderson stuck to his gameplan and took Franklin down, I think he could get the UD.
Aaronno9
3/19/08 10:18:17AM
I think since silva people just generally underestimate richs stand up and clinch game. I can confidently say i think ace has better striking than henderson. More powerfull striking? no. Better technique? yes. Better footwork? yes. Thats just my opinion of course, and im sure theres going to be some franklin haters telling me how wrong i am before long. Also, richs style does not make it easy for him to get hit at all. If you look at his fights, he rarley gets caught (it just so happens that when he does its normally by big shots). So for the people saying dan is a million times better than rich in every department, your wrong. Hes got better technical stand up, hes probably better in the thai clinch, and i would imagine hes got better jits considering according to gurgel he could have his blackbelt but he doesnt want to move up, and also taking into acount thats an area i think dan has neglected all the way through his career. Dan is obviously the better wrestler and alot more powerful in terms of striking, but the way some people are talking about this fight is as if its going to be some kind of huge mismatch whens its not.