Dan Henderson open to UFC fight against teammate Chael Sonnen

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dan Henderson open to UFC fight against teammate Chael Sonnen
FastKnockout
1/7/13 11:34:16AM
Two MMA stars from Team Quest in Dan Henderson and Chael Sonnen are now competing at light heavyweight, and Hendo says a bout against his teammate is "quite possible".

Link
Theoutlaw08
1/7/13 11:53:37AM
That would be an awesome fight.
sparky
1/7/13 12:42:11PM
Hendo in my honest opinion would make short work of Chael. I could be wrong I just see Hendo as a bad match up for him.
hashyandy4
1/7/13 12:52:31PM
I would luv 2 see that fight!!
postman
1/7/13 12:55:26PM
I really don't like Chael and I'm a huge Hendo fan. That being said I can see Chael scoring TD's at will and getting a UD.
TeamDEY
1/7/13 1:44:46PM
I love Dan but I see Chael winning this fight. Similar to the Shields fight.
airkerma
1/7/13 2:14:39PM
Teamates that will fight
postman
1/7/13 2:23:28PM

Posted by airkerma

Teamates that will fight

Lets not forget they are from 2 differnet camps that have had legal disputes in the past. It is a bit of a breath of fresh air from the West coast Gracie fighters saying they won't fight Renzo's fighters from the east coast. But its not like Jon Fitch and Kos when they traind at AKA daily.
shaneTpain
1/7/13 3:35:47PM
Now these dudes are fighters.
Its a nice change from "I dont wanna fight my friend" garbage that every second fighter spews.
Travesty145
1/7/13 5:18:01PM
if u ask me its still year 2000-chael
tcunningham
1/7/13 5:35:31PM

Posted by postman

I really don't like Chael and I'm a huge Hendo fan. That being said I can see Chael scoring TD's at will and getting a UD.

TD's at will?????? you do remember that dan has is an olympic caliber wrestler right? i honestly cant remember the last time dan was taken down. i do think this would be a great fight though, and i also think that chael would be the guy to get TD's on hendo, i just dont see it happening at will. i think he would be lucky to get one per round.
jjeans
1/7/13 5:40:17PM

Posted by tcunningham

Posted by postman

I honestly cant remember the last time dan was taken down.

Jake Shields and Shogun
MuayThaiGeek13
1/7/13 7:05:52PM

Posted by jjeans

Posted by tcunningham

Posted by postman

Jake Shields and Shogun

lol

I think chael makes Hendo look like a heap of shit on the mat homestly
Michael_Corleone
1/7/13 11:31:52PM
I honestly think Dan Henderson would fight a Grizzley Bear if you gave him enough money.
Bubbles
1/7/13 11:33:05PM

Posted by MuayThaiGeek13

Posted by jjeans

Posted by tcunningham

Posted by postman

Jake Shields and Shogun

lol

I think chael makes Hendo look like a heap of shit on the mat homestly

Hendo has mediocre TDD for someone of his wrestling credentials, and at this point in their careers, Sonnen takes this easy

can't forget this either:
bjj1605
1/8/13 12:47:04PM
Unfortunately, I agree that Chael would walk over Dan.

Dan has poor TDD because of his striking style.

If Shields can wrestle-f**k him then I'm sure Chael could.