Dan Henderson looks for his next challenge

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dan Henderson looks for his next challenge
wolfman
4/18/08 8:42:17AM
“I don’t know how much I would do differently,” said Henderson about his loss to Silva on March 1, 2008. “My body was feeling odd that night. I didn’t have the best weight-cut the last day and a half. My body felt a little fatigued.”

Link
mrsmiley
4/18/08 8:46:20AM
I wish he would go back to light heavy-weight and fight Liddell.To me that fight makes the most sense for both of them at this point in their careers.
Chuteboxer
4/18/08 8:48:42AM
This sounds like Dan's making excuses. That sucks. I love Dan; wouldn't mind seeing him back at light-heavyweight, but 185 is cool for him too. In either case, I hope the UFC still feels like they have a use for him and keep him around to fight some others..
Twenty20Dollars
4/18/08 9:01:39AM
he should fight ricardo almeida or move back to LHW because he will have more people to fight up there.

because the options are thin in MW.
WalkHardAllDay
4/18/08 9:06:03AM
Dan vs. Chuck would be a slugfest but i see chuck coming out with the win
gartface
4/18/08 9:13:01AM
Rematch with Silva?
finnish_line
4/18/08 9:42:40AM

If Wand loses to Jardine, book the Hendo rematch at middleweight.

The winner of Tanner/Grove should face the winner of that match.
Manak
4/18/08 9:45:20AM
lookin for his next challenge????? Big Nog by any chance.
babytater03
4/18/08 10:04:59AM
Stop making comments like this Dan!!!

You're not going to see Hendo go anywhere. I had this discussion a while ago, and when you look at his year he had. He fought two guys who are arguably in the top 5 P4P fighters in the world. And he didn't exactly get handled by them.

He'll continue fighting at MW. I'd love to see him go against like a Leben or even Franklin.

JWils
4/18/08 10:28:55AM
I want to see a Hendo/Wandy rematch in the UFC

Also, I think a Franklin/Henderson fight would be a big time co-main event type of fight for the UFC.

ohiostate1016
4/18/08 10:34:46AM
Who knows, maybe he'll fight Randy. I know they used to be teammates and all, but that would be a challenge for both.

But it'll more likely be Chuck or Tito (if Tito stays in the UFC).
Darnok
4/18/08 11:37:37AM

Posted by babytater03

Stop making comments like this Dan!!!

You're not going to see Hendo go anywhere. I had this discussion a while ago, and when you look at his year he had. He fought two guys who are arguably in the top 5 P4P fighters in the world. And he didn't exactly get handled by them.

He'll continue fighting at MW. I'd love to see him go against like a Leben or even Franklin.

I agree, there is no need for him to make excuses. He is still in the top ten.

I vote for a Franklin fight
silverbullet
4/18/08 11:50:08AM
Hendo vs Franklin-Lutter winner would be an awesome fight. Just awesome...
Twenty20Dollars
4/18/08 12:37:59PM
I'd say ricardo, *leben*, the winner of lutter/franklin, or the winner of nate/thales. but that's just MW's kinda hoping he stays at MW.
jgtribbett
4/18/08 1:34:47PM
i would like to see franklin vs hendo for sure
loller90278
4/18/08 1:47:28PM
i say give him a warm up match in LHW and then challenge chuck liddel.
The_hungry_lumberjack
4/18/08 1:59:07PM
I don't think he's necessarily making excuses, more like explaining to his fans (and maybe himself) why he feels he didn't perform to his best. It happens, I've been to wrestling tournaments where I just went out and owned everyone and one or two where I just couldn't put it together. He may just feel like he let his fans down and wants them to know the reasons behind his losses.
snakeplissken
4/18/08 3:25:57PM
Hendo Franklin would Rule, then feed Bisping to him.
prozacnation1978
4/18/08 5:10:05PM
it should be at middleweight, don't know who, he will probably fight in the fall,
EON
4/18/08 5:42:04PM
Hahaha Dan also went as far as calling Anderson lucky and makes all sorts of excuses, if you remember after the fight thats all he does is make excuse after excuse as to why he lost and didnt last longer than 2 rounds almost getting knocked out for the first time like everyone said wouldnt happen, i liked Dan as a fighter and was always a big fan but its hard to like a fighter who acts like this after he gets beat, im now under the impression that he was 100% but was no match for Anderson.
skatenate
4/18/08 7:22:32PM
i think franklin vs. hendo, or go up and fight chuck, that would be a great fight.
cmill21
4/18/08 7:33:20PM
I thought hendo looked great in round one and gassed in round two. He hadn't fought at MW for a few years and I figured the cut would be really tough on him, so thats why i picked Anderson. I think with 2 more fights at MW, allowing him to accustom himself to the weight, he would be able to beat anderson.
IriShame
4/19/08 4:19:04AM
Hendo vs. Soukoudju at LHW or Hendo vs. Bisping at MW.
hdnet_mma
5/1/08 12:17:55PM
hendo is the man