Dan Henderson Implies That Vitor Belfort Uses Steroids, Says He’s Getting Crazy

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dan Henderson Implies That Vitor Belfort Uses Steroids, Says He’s Getting Crazy
Manak
1/26/12 11:19:56AM
http://bjpenn.com/mmanews/2012/01/26/ufc-news-dan-henderson-implies-that-vitor-belfort-uses-steroids-says-hes-getting-crazy-12477.html

The article:

That’s not true, this fight [against Anthony Johnson] was never offered to me. Steroids might be killing Vitor’s neurons, he’s getting crazy to say something like that”.

Yesterday we featured comments from Vitor Belfort that explained his decisions for taking the Anthony Johnson fight in Brazil. In the same interview Belfort stated that Dan Henderson was on a list of many fighters who turned downed the middleweight bout against Johnson but that he, himself was not scared of any man.

Dan Henderson recently took to the same media source, Tatame.com, to set the record straight and let the world know that he was never offered the Johnson bout as Vitor implied. He then takes it a step further and calls the Brazilian fighter a steroid user.

Vitor threw the first jab at Hendo but Hendo retaliated in a more insulting way. Could these two be posturing for a future fight? Or is this just a case of he said she said?

I find it very funny that a TRT user would even go to the roid topic
Bubbles
1/26/12 11:53:06AM
TRT is not roiding
Twenty20Dollars
1/26/12 12:14:08PM
getting super cray cray
Kpro
1/26/12 12:37:14PM

Posted by Bubbles

TRT is not roiding

24 hour limit, I'll get ya.
prophecy033
1/26/12 1:00:24PM

Posted by Bubbles

TRT is not roiding

when TRT brings you to Sonnen levels (16.9:1) its cheating. Average men's levels are 1:1 and for athletes it's as high as 4:1

I'm not saying its roids, bit it can be used as a competitive advantage
Sir_Karl
1/26/12 1:09:30PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Bubbles

TRT is not roiding

when TRT brings you to Sonnen levels (16.9:1) its cheating. Average men's levels are 1:1 and for athletes it's as high as 4:1

Yes but then at those levels it would be foolish to even call it "replacement" therapy.. I would call it TET....testosterone ELAVATION therapy. What Sonnen did went way beyond replacement. Do you have proof of Hendo's levels? If not then you are just speculation and making assumptions. I could cure all of this....just implement a 5 year ban from MMA if you get busted. Take them out of the game for half a decade and the PED usage would end. Keep slapping them on the wrist and this crap will continue to happen. In some people....competition kills all integrity. Pathetic.
Bubbles
1/26/12 1:11:05PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Bubbles

TRT is not roiding

abusing TRT and taking roids are both cheating, yes, but they are not the same thing. constant/blatant groin shots are also cheating, does that fall into the same category? (last line not directed at you but for the people who claim the 2 are the same thing).
prophecy033
1/26/12 1:13:30PM

Posted by Sir_Karl

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Bubbles

TRT is not roiding

Yes but then at those levels it would be foolish to even call it "replacement" therapy.. I would call it TET....testosterone ELAVATION therapy. What Sonnen did went way beyond replacement. Do you have proof of Hendo's levels? If not then you are just speculation and making assumptions. I could cure all of this....just implement a 5 year ban from MMA if you get busted. Take them out of the game for half a decade and the PED usage would end. Keep slapping them on the wrist and this crap will continue to happen. In some people....competition kills all integrity. Pathetic.

never said ANYTHING about Hendo's levels so that's speculation on your part
prophecy033
1/26/12 1:16:18PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Bubbles

TRT is not roiding

abusing TRT and taking roids are both cheating, yes, but they are not the same thing. constant/blatant groin shots are also cheating, does that fall into the same category? (last line not directed at you but for the people who claim the 2 are the same thing).

I was editing my post as you posted this, I added is didn't think they were the same BUT it can be used as a competitive advantage
Kpro
1/26/12 1:23:55PM
With TRT and steroids being in the news forum quite a bit lately, it reminded me of something that most probably don't know. Good to know whether you are for or against it.

LINK
prophecy033
1/26/12 1:36:40PM

Posted by Kpro

With TRT and steroids being in the news forum quite a bit lately, it reminded me of something that most probably don't know. Good to know whether you are for or against it.

LINK

I like that idea. It's like "hey dude, you lowered your own testosterone, deal with it". And I agree, us 20 somethings don't always think ahead. I'm 28 and just now starting to invest, diversify my investment portfolio
cowcatcher
1/26/12 1:47:58PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Kpro

LINK

I like that idea. It's like "hey dude, you lowered your own testosterone, deal with it". And I agree, us 20 somethings don't always think ahead. I'm 28 and just now starting to invest, diversify my investment portfolio

I hear you prophecy, and I've been doing the same thing.
$200/week hookers $100/week my girlfriend $20/week backalley handy j's from transients

You can't put all your eggs in one basket.
Kpro
1/26/12 1:53:55PM

Posted by cowcatcher

$20/week backalley handy j's from transients

If this was recently, behind The Iron Horse Hotel.... then for the last time, I'm not a transient.
prophecy033
1/26/12 1:56:26PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Kpro

LINK

$200/week hookers $100/week my girlfriend $20/week backalley handy j's from transients

I'd put more toward the transient handys but that's just me
Budgellism
1/26/12 2:00:03PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Kpro

LINK

40ouncetpkid
1/26/12 2:10:00PM
Sounds to me like Dan wants to KO belfort and be in line for two titles. Easy pickings for him if silva never did fight again.
Dberntson
1/26/12 2:17:52PM
All I have to say is that there are rules in place. Hendo is following the rules and therefore not cheating. You could say the same thing about approved supplements, meal replacements, IVs to rehydrate before a fight. Those all are not "natural", but allowed.
machodog76
1/26/12 3:26:17PM

Posted by Kpro

LINK

interesting I didn't know about that, thanks!
machodog76
1/26/12 3:29:15PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Kpro

LINK

your spending to much on your girl, thats 5200 dollars over the course of a year! I'd suggest investing in some lap dances and alchohol instead.
Manak
1/26/12 3:44:08PM

Posted by Dberntson

All I have to say is that there are rules in place. Hendo is following the rules and therefore not cheating. You could say the same thing about approved supplements, meal replacements, IVs to rehydrate before a fight. Those all are not "natural", but allowed.

this is true but i feel TRT should be banned... its basically saying I'm getting old so i need TRT to keep up, no its called time, deal with it. if your body can no longer produce and at what the younger you can, well sux. that is what aging is. hence why everyone wants a fountain of youth. TRT should only be used for actual health problem, example being a high school kid who is producing as much testosterone as an 80 year man, not a professional athlete in his late 30s or 40s. Not to mention there is no set standard on what is normal levels for different age groups, just guide lines that a doc can interpret to his own. there needs to be more studies to show when low testosterone is an actually health problem for older men and not because of aging. Not to mention is any comission controlling this when they are not training for fight????? if you are on TRT they should be testing them very month no matter if they fight to make sure they aren't abusing this loophole even more, but hey that's just my view on TRT
airkerma
1/26/12 5:05:29PM
I say forget the drug test, do the CRAZY test. He's getting CRAAAZZZZZYYYYYY!!!!!
Side note, if Vitor uses stuff I say we bring back Rumble just like the brought back Brandon Snoozefest Vera
Travesty145
1/26/12 6:29:44PM
idk if its the roids. u see all these fighters that have been at it for a long time get knocked out a few times but then they get knocked out again and their personality completely changes and they become really weird. u see it with chuck liddell, randy couture, dan severn a lot of these guys were fine until one specific knockout then they just turned into really weird people out of nowhere. i think thats what might have happened
prophecy033
1/27/12 7:29:35PM

Posted by Travesty145

idk if its the roids. u see all these fighters that have been at it for a long time get knocked out a few times but then they get knocked out again and their personality completely changes and they become really weird. u see it with chuck liddell, randy couture, dan severn a lot of these guys were fine until one specific knockout then they just turned into really weird people out of nowhere. i think thats what might have happened

Huh? Belforts been ko/tko 3 times with 1 being 8 years ago and another 14 years ago.
Kpro
1/27/12 7:35:22PM

Posted by Manak

TRT should only be used for actual health problem, example being a high school kid who is producing as much testosterone as an 80 year man, not a professional athlete in his late 30s or 40s.

I feel like I just responded to a post like this, but I'm really glad you brought up the example of a high school kid producing the testosterone of an 80 year old man being something you accept as a case where TRT should be used.

Now, say the 17 year old kid is set to become a professional MMA fighter as soon as he turns 18 next month.

It's accepted because it's needed for health as you said. But not accepted for an athlete in their 30s or 40s.

Do they tell him he's not allowed to follow his dreams, or do they just all of a sudden say, we know you've been taking TRT for 13 years in your MMA career but you just turned 30 so now you're not allowed to, sorry, find a new career.
Bubbles
1/28/12 2:50:17PM
waiting for a rebuttal from Manak