will Dan henderson Fight The Middle weight champ?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » will Dan henderson Fight The Middle weight champ?
Violence108
9/8/07 12:30:30PM
he is the Pride middle weight champ to so , wont he fight the winner of Anderson vs Rich || ?? or does the belt just go away
Twenty20Dollars
9/8/07 12:33:10PM
if he loses to rampage and drops to 185, i dont think he should get an immediate title shot but that could possibly happen considering the lack of depth in MW. Unless Anderson beats rich and then Anderson fights the winner of Okami vs Macdonald.
loonytnt
9/8/07 12:33:50PM
i think oride is just going away IMO UFC is getting all the fighter in ufc so i think the belt will stay will dan, but i can see him fighin the winning if he wins, if he loses i dont think many ppl are going wanna see him fight a big fight after he just lost
NatedawgThaM
9/8/07 12:46:51PM

Posted by loonytnt

i think oride is just going away IMO UFC is getting all the fighter in ufc so i think the belt will stay will dan, but i can see him fighin the winning if he wins, if he loses i dont think many ppl are going wanna see him fight a big fight after he just lost

I agree, but this is hard to say. I saw on some MMA news site that he wanted to stay a 205 fighter but if he loses to Rampage that might give him some motavtion to drop down atleast until Shogun or Wandy wins the LHW title because if im not mistaken he has wins over both of them and thats some motovation but if he gets stopped by Rampage I think if he was to drop bakc down he woudl face the loser of Anderson/Franklin...
SpiderSilva
9/8/07 1:17:27PM
that would suck because Silva will kill both Okami and Macdonald a lot worse than Franklin did
jgtribbett
9/8/07 2:11:24PM
ok for one... why wouldnt he get an immediate title shot.. he's only lost once at 185 and he is the champ for pride and um... the only person who has a chance to beat him at 85 is silva in the ufc and filho in wec but..filho has been lacking as of late
johny_rotten
9/8/07 2:13:59PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by loonytnt

I agree, but this is hard to say. I saw on some MMA news site that he wanted to stay a 205 fighter but if he loses to Rampage that might give him some motavtion to drop down atleast until Shogun or Wandy wins the LHW title because if im not mistaken he has wins over both of them and thats some motovation but if he gets stopped by Rampage I think if he was to drop bakc down he woudl face the loser of Anderson/Franklin...

Dan defeated Ninja not Shogun!!! This is like 10th time someone on this forum has said this. If you would watch this fight you would also realize he barely if at all defeated Ninja. Rua controlled most of the fight, but Dan clearly won the final 2 minutes. Pride scores the fight as a whole, and in this very close battle the judges thought the final 2 minutes left the most lasting impression.

As far as the question goes I think a lot rides on how Dan looks in this fight. If he loses a very close descion, or battles Rampage deep in the fight the UFC could still put him in a MW title fight. Last week in an interview with Dan he mentioned that he doesn't really like fighting "these bigger guys" but that is where the money was. In my opinoin the UFC has to make him fight for the MW belt for his first fight in the division. If they don't it takes away from his unification bout with Jackson, and any future unification bouts if they could secure Fedor or Gomi.
OchoCinco
9/9/07 2:25:45AM
Since Dan now has a loss since his return to the UFC, I would like to see him have at least one match before he gets a shot at Rich-Anderson winner.
ncordless
9/9/07 3:41:09AM

Posted by OchoCinco

Since Dan now has a loss since his return to the UFC, I would like to see him have at least one match before he gets a shot at Rich-Anderson winner.

I disagree. Yes, he has a loss. But is anyone talking about how Hendo needs to prove anything after that close fight?

If Hendo decides to drop to 185, give him the winner of Anderson/Rich. If he fought the way he fought tonight he would KTFO of either one of them. Several of the shots he connected with against Rampage would've knocked out almost anyone else. And almost anyone would've been KO'ed by the shots he took from Rampage.

If he decides to stay at 205, I'd like to see him get a match against either the loser of Chuck/Forrest or let him destroy Houston Alexander. If Hendo stays at 205, he should be right back in the title picture soon. He looked good in a tough fight that could've gone either way. He looked much better than Chuck against Rampage, and that should be reflected in where he goes from here.

Edit: Of course, as mad as people are at Bisping right now... Hendo v. Bisping might satisfy some blood lust and put Bisping in Hospice.
buckndro
9/9/07 3:53:51AM
either way he stays at 205 would be great fight soon or drop down for title shot since it would be same as the fight with rampage unifying the titles he would def. would be a great add there.
ultimatefighter33
9/9/07 4:35:50AM
well i mean he has to since they r uniifying belts and he is prides middleweight champ besides i think he will do better at middleweight
johny_rotten
9/9/07 12:45:37PM
I think it is pretty much locked up now. After Anderson knocks Rich's nose off his face there should be a MW unification bout. Dan put up a great fight, but it was obvious he is too small for the division. I think Anderson/Dan will be twice as entertaining as Henderon/Rampage.

Now that Rampage won I am ready for the true unification bout. Shogun is everyone's eyes is the true Pride 205lb champ. All he has to do is KO Forrest, and he will finally get his time to shine.