Dan Henderson's next fight?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Dan Henderson's next fight?
« Previous Page
TOMMYAYO05
9/25/07 3:07:20AM

Posted by BigTomZ

Well if Anderson Silva beats Rich Franklin there will be no other contenders. Nobody I can think of in the UFC MW division is really worthy of a title shot. Best bet would be to have Dan Henderson unify the belt at 185. I think he could hold the title for awhile at MW.

what the ****!!!!!!anderson silva would take hendo.....He would be in line to get that beatdown right after franklin does.....The middleweight division is really weak right now though and maybe bisping and hendo would help it.
Branwest
9/25/07 10:52:25AM
Hendo should definately go down to 185, his NATURAL weight. He shouldn't fight Anderson Silva or Rich Franklin as his next fight. I think he should have a couple of tough fights against top-ten fighters, and then, if he wins, get a shot at whoever is holding the title.
Although I love Franklin, I don't know if he can beat Silva.
I would like to see Robbie Lawler come back to the UFC and maybe he could fight Hendo, if Robbie fights at 185. If not, I would like to see Hendo against any top-ten MW.
From everything I've seen lately, there's no more easy fights for anybody anymore. No more "gimme's." We've also learned that maybe these TUF guys were 'tougher' than we originally thought, or gave them credit for.
I have always thought that PRIDE had more talent in their org than UFC. They may have, but with all this new talent coming up, everything that we thought we knew has gone to the wayside.
With all that's happened, I wouldn't be suprised if Fedor decides not to come to the UFC now.
JWils
9/25/07 11:16:04AM

Posted by postman

Posted by JWils

I'd have Henderson vs. Machida. Machida deserves a big time fight and Henderson needs to show he still belongs at the top of the LHW division. This fight fits perfectly on where the two fighters are at.

btw, I see Henderson taking care of Machida with his superior wrestling and control.

I agree Machida deserves a big fight but I think Dan and Wandy is so perfect. First off Dan dosn't need to prove anything he took Rampage 5 rounds, and if you filp the 2nd round by having Dan on top the second half of the round I think Dan would have got the decision. Wandy deserves a rematch with Dan. Due to the fact that Dan did go 5 rounds with Page and Wandy did destroy Page two times the winner would deserve the title shot.

Machida hasn't touched top top 5 talent so put him and Forrest together. As much respect Forrest should get for the Shogun win, 9 times out of 10 shogun wins that fight. Everyone who thinks he should get a run at the title remember he just got ko'd by Jardien. Machida Forrest would help figure there spots in the division more than any other fight.

Good point. I just believe that Forrest earned a shot at Rampage since he stepped up and volunteered to fight Shogun. He is quoted as saying that beating Shogun was his short cut to the top so I think that maybe Dana told Forrest that a title shot would be his reward to stepping in and beating Shogun.

I guess if you put Henderson and Wandy together in a few months, then you could have Jardine vs. Machida. But that would kind of be a step down for Jardine since he just beat Liddell. So, that's why I feel Forrest gets Rampage, Jardine gets Wandy and Machida gets Henderson.
BigTomZ
9/25/07 4:42:01PM

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

what the ****!!!!!!anderson silva would take hendo.....He would be in line to get that beatdown right after franklin does.....The middleweight division is really weak right now though and maybe bisping and hendo would help it.

oh yeah. hendo took the 205 champ the distance and lost a close decision. he would get demolished by the 185 champ though.
postman
9/25/07 5:39:04PM
That would be such a great fight I think Dan @ 185 would be a real fight for Anderson.
roman
9/25/07 8:30:38PM
I want him to stay at LHW. I think he will still bust some heads and in due time will win the rematch with Jackson.

If he does go down to MW he is going to destroy everyone.
Pages: 1 [2]