Dan Henderson's next fight?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Dan Henderson's next fight?
Next Page »
Djbb
9/24/07 4:33:41PM
After losing to Rampage, do you guys think Hendo will fight in UFC again and if so, who should he fight?
brooklynbadass
9/24/07 4:40:17PM
Anderson Silva
TNunley
9/24/07 4:42:38PM

Posted by brooklynbadass

Anderson Silva

Yeah, I think I'll have to disagree with that one. First I'm not sure if Hendo would want to drop weight down to middleweight. Sure he was the Pride middleweight champ, but if I'm not mistaken that was their 205lb weight class. Plus, I doubt they'd throw him another championship fight (if Silva beats Franklin again) just so he'd change weight classes.
Djbb
9/24/07 4:43:52PM
How bout Hendo vs Liddell? (half serious half joking)
warglory
9/24/07 4:45:30PM
I'd love to see Hendo vs Liddell, that would be a great match up actually.
TNunley
9/24/07 4:45:51PM

Posted by Djbb

I wouldn't mind seeing it. But if you're Dana White and have a Chuck Liddell contemplating retirement, you aren't gonna want that fight. You are setting Chuck up for either an enormous victory, or a 3rd straight loss. Plus, I think Hendo is probably ranked higher than Liddell at this point. I know you were half joking, but thought I would put in my 2 cents.
loonytnt
9/24/07 4:52:39PM
i think dan should fight leben
three_days_of_grey
9/24/07 4:55:26PM

Posted by TNunley

Posted by brooklynbadass

Anderson Silva

Yeah, I think I'll have to disagree with that one. First I'm not sure if Hendo would want to drop weight down to middleweight. Sure he was the Pride middleweight champ, but if I'm not mistaken that was their 205lb weight class. Plus, I doubt they'd throw him another championship fight (if Silva beats Franklin again) just so he'd change weight classes.

Hendo is also the Pride WW champion, which is the 185 lb class. So that fight is certainly plausible and obviously necessary to unify the belts. Hendo also holds a win over Chonan, the last person to defeat Silva in Pride FC.

I wouldn't mind seeing it. But if you're Dana White and have a Chuck Liddell contemplating retirement, you aren't gonna want that fight. You are setting Chuck up for either an enormous victory, or a 3rd straight loss. Plus, I think Hendo is probably ranked higher than Liddell at this point. I know you were half joking, but thought I would put in my 2 cents

How is that any different that the proposed Liddell/Silva fight in December?

-OUT-
DevonFoxy
9/24/07 4:57:15PM
Hendo vs Silva or Franklin is the logical choice. I really hope he goes to middle weight as it really needs the depth. I think him vs Silva would be a great amazing match that can be built up to be a HUGE PPV main event.

Chris Leben vs Dan Henderson would be a fight i would like to see as i dont really like Leben and it would be a re-enactment of Silva vs Leben.
eataface
9/24/07 5:00:23PM
What if say Franklin does beat Silva ( I don't see it but, with the way this year has been going who knows nemore)

Anyways let's say that Franklin beats Silva then perhaps Dana and his bag of tricks might go and have a Middleweight TUF and then after that they fight for another unification belt match.

Hey, this is all speculation, but stranger things have happened
three_days_of_grey
9/24/07 5:09:28PM

Posted by eataface

What if say Franklin does beat Silva ( I don't see it but, with the way this year has been going who knows nemore)

Anyways let's say that Franklin beats Silva then perhaps Dana and his bag of tricks might go and have a Middleweight TUF and then after that they fight for another unification belt match.

Hey, this is all speculation, but stranger things have happened

God, I would hope not. The MW division certainly doesnt need the aggravation of what's happening with the WW division in regards to TUF. It appears that MW will be showcased on TUF 7, hopefully they can find some talent that will stick around in that weight class.
DevonFoxy
9/24/07 5:14:07PM
hmmm don't they have a guy thats regarded as one of the best middle weights in the world in their minor leagues?
Oh yea Paulo Filho, that guy. I really wish they would have added him to the middleweights in the UFC but maybe in the future.
StriderXero
9/24/07 5:23:03PM
Dude, I think that's an awesome idea. It would brings tons of publicity.
Dam......send that suggestion to Dana White....LOL
I think that's an awesome idea.
hook_tothe_body
9/24/07 5:35:41PM

Posted by loonytnt

i think dan should fight leben

Not sure if you're being serious or not, Loon. I'm guessing not.

I think Leben would get killed. But you never know, anybody could throw a right hook and catch Dan and get the (T)KO.

I mean, its possible ...

But I think Dan should get a few fights in the middleweight division. I think he can fight at 205 (he has fought heavyweights before) but the 185 division isn't as stacked as 205 is. 185 pounders would be closer to his size, I think. I think he will do better at middleweight.
TNunley
9/24/07 6:25:36PM

Posted by three_days_of_grey

How is that any different that the proposed Liddell/Silva fight in December?

-OUT-

Because the Liddell/Silva fight in December was based on if Chuck won.

-OUTY OUT-

Plus a loss to Silva would be easier to explain than a loss to Jardine.

-Triple OUT-
Djbb
9/24/07 6:32:47PM

Posted by TNunley

Posted by Djbb

I wouldn't mind seeing it. But if you're Dana White and have a Chuck Liddell contemplating retirement, you aren't gonna want that fight. You are setting Chuck up for either an enormous victory, or a 3rd straight loss. Plus, I think Hendo is probably ranked higher than Liddell at this point. I know you were half joking, but thought I would put in my 2 cents.

I get what you're saying, but I was praying Hendo would beat Rampage so we could see Liddell vs Hendo in 2008. Its a dream match for me even though it'd never happen, unless they both become top contenders again
ocho-cinco
9/24/07 7:05:02PM
He should fight either Houston Alexander, Keith Jardine, or Ryoto Machida
Djbb
9/24/07 7:09:32PM

Posted by ocho-cinco

He should fight either Houston Alexander, Keith Jardine, or Ryoto Machida

Henderson vs Jardine? LOL, Hendo would massacre Jardine. But I said the same thing about Liddell/Jardine so who knows
postman
9/24/07 8:05:41PM
Hendo v Wandy dec 29th for the right to fight Rampage in 08!

If he moves down then he gets a Title shot at 185. He did after all take the 205 champ 5 rounds.
JWils
9/24/07 8:37:27PM
I'd have Henderson vs. Machida. Machida deserves a big time fight and Henderson needs to show he still belongs at the top of the LHW division. This fight fits perfectly on where the two fighters are at.

btw, I see Henderson taking care of Machida with his superior wrestling and control.
hook_tothe_body
9/24/07 8:44:56PM

Posted by JWils

I'd have Henderson vs. Machida. Machida deserves a big time fight and Henderson needs to show he still belongs at the top of the LHW division. This fight fits perfectly on where the two fighters are at.

btw, I see Henderson taking care of Machida with his superior wrestling and control.

That is a really good idea. Machida just beat a very good fighter in Kazuhiro Nakamura and now he should get another good fighter ... while Dan needs someone to fight but I wouldn't want to see the UFC give him a "gimmie" fight. He should fight someone who is on the rise, rather than another big time name right away.
postman
9/24/07 9:26:29PM

Posted by JWils

I agree Machida deserves a big fight but I think Dan and Wandy is so perfect. First off Dan dosn't need to prove anything he took Rampage 5 rounds, and if you filp the 2nd round by having Dan on top the second half of the round I think Dan would have got the decision. Wandy deserves a rematch with Dan. Due to the fact that Dan did go 5 rounds with Page and Wandy did destroy Page two times the winner would deserve the title shot.

Machida hasn't touched top top 5 talent so put him and Forrest together. As much respect Forrest should get for the Shogun win, 9 times out of 10 shogun wins that fight. Everyone who thinks he should get a run at the title remember he just got ko'd by Jardien. Machida Forrest would help figure there spots in the division more than any other fight.
richieb19
9/24/07 9:43:58PM

Posted by TNunley

Posted by brooklynbadass

Anderson Silva

The Pride Middleweight division was 205lbs in which he was the champion. However the Pride Welterweight division was 183lbs, which he was also the champion of...
jgordon85
9/24/07 9:53:56PM

Posted by TNunley

Posted by brooklynbadass

Anderson Silva

hollywood henderson was the welterweight champ for pride before he was the middleweight champ. and the pride welterweight divison is 183 lbs. which is the middle weight class for ufc. the 185 weight class is his natural weight. he was saying that he had to make weight for 205 and was barely 199lbs. i think the ufc would give him a title shot if they really want to unify the belts since he still has the welterweight pride belt. or he would be in a number one contender match.
ncordless
9/24/07 10:01:00PM
If he stays at Light Heavy, I'd love to see him against Jardine, Machida, or Alexander.

If he moves to MW then he should get the shot there immediately.
BigTomZ
9/24/07 10:06:18PM
Well if Anderson Silva beats Rich Franklin there will be no other contenders. Nobody I can think of in the UFC MW division is really worthy of a title shot. Best bet would be to have Dan Henderson unify the belt at 185. I think he could hold the title for awhile at MW.
Irish209
9/24/07 10:34:17PM
and the silva henderson fight will be sick i bet!!!
hook_tothe_body
9/24/07 10:48:00PM

Posted by ncordless

If he stays at Light Heavy, I'd love to see him against Jardine, Machida, or Alexander.

If he moves to MW then he should get the shot there immediately.

Yeah seeing Dan against Jardine or Alexander would be sweet. I think those would be some good fights.

But I hope Dan fights at 185. I think the fighters are 205 are a little big for him.
StorminYourman
9/24/07 11:51:06PM
Silva would be nice.But I still think he is a 205 contender. Since he is one of my favoritwe fighters i would just like to see him fight any other top contender and put on a good show for me!
gamez0932
9/25/07 12:45:48AM
you could have a 3rd fight between hendo and wandy.... it probably wouldnt happen and if it did it would happen later on down the road... but it would still be a great fight to watch.
Pages: [1] 2