Dan Henderson would consider a superfight at heavyweight

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dan Henderson would consider a superfight at heavyweight
Shawn91111
3/1/13 12:53:31PM
This past weekend, at UFC 157, we were treated to the debut of women's MMA in the UFC. The card was solid overall, but featured a couple fights that were disappointing, to say the least. Among those was the highly anticipated bout between Lyoto Machida and Dan Henderson, which ended up being an unfortunate bust.

I'd consider fighting anybody. As long as I didn't have to cut too much weight, I'd pretty much fight anybody. I just want to get back in there as soon as possible. I hated the long layoff. I want to fight any one of the top 5 guys and I know I'm capable of beating them. That'll keep me right up in there. I'll take any one of them. I could sit here and bitch (about the Machida fight), but it doesn't help anything. I just want to be active and give the fans what they should have seen the other night.

I wasn't planning on retiring anyway after 1 or 2 fights. I plan on being there for a couple of more years, at least. I want to get back in there and fight as soon as I can and stay active this year and next year for sure.

After seeing the Fedor fight, I'd be interested in seeing how Dan fared against a Pat Barry or a Daniel Cormier. Truth be told, I'm interested, as many of you probably are, in seeing Henderson fight anybody. One thing is sure, as long as he's still competing, I'll still be watching.

LINK
TheCatFather
3/1/13 1:58:22PM
Henderson Vs. Barry Hendo vs. Cain
postman
3/1/13 2:03:07PM

Posted by TheCatFather

Henderson Vs. Barry Hendo vs. Cain

are you trying to catch someones undies on fire?
frizzzlecake
3/1/13 2:47:37PM
Why can't Hendo just rematch lil nog!?!?!?
sbulldavid
3/1/13 2:53:00PM
Heck, give him Glover, that would guarantee fireworks
State_Champ
3/1/13 3:01:58PM
Hendo vs Overeem.

Why?

Because awesome.
Poor_Franklin
3/1/13 3:08:26PM
i approve!
RhythmAndStyle
3/1/13 3:14:06PM
i would be very interest in seeing Hendo against a HW..
prophecy033
3/1/13 3:14:42PM
I wouldn't mind Hendo v Miocic
Bubbles
3/1/13 3:49:09PM
Hendo lost at LHW, that's a guaranteed title fight vs Cain/Bigfoot winner
Dberntson
3/1/13 4:08:56PM
Any respectable MMA fan has to love the fact that Hendo will fight anyone, anywhere, anytime. I wish more guys had that attitude.
prophecy033
3/1/13 4:36:28PM

Posted by Dberntson

Any respectable MMA fan has to love the fact that Hendo will fight anyone, anywhere, anytime. I wish more guys had that attitude.

Travesty145
3/1/13 6:30:53PM
i am an official dan henderson hater and i hope he loses every fight from here on out until his retirement
Poor_Franklin
3/1/13 6:55:31PM

Posted by Travesty145

i am an official dan henderson hater and i hope he loses every fight from here on out until his retirement

damn, i didnt know there were any of those out there.
BeeR
3/1/13 7:36:15PM

Posted by State_Champ

Hendo vs Overeem.

Why?

Because awesome.

werd
mrsmiley
3/1/13 7:47:52PM
I'd go for Hendo vs Hunt.
prophecy033
3/1/13 8:00:49PM

Posted by Travesty145

haters gonna hate
Travesty145
3/1/13 8:27:12PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Travesty145

haters gonna hate

dont mind if i do
Shawn91111
3/1/13 9:06:33PM
There are Hendo haters? The fuck
Tyzzler
3/1/13 10:38:45PM

Posted by Shawn91111

I could sit here and bitch (about the Machida fight), but it doesn't help anything

Really? Because it seems like that's all you've done since the Machida fight is bitch. About Machida's "non-fighting", about the judges, about Zuffas "inability" to give you more frequent fights against more prestigious high-ranked fighters.

Yes I am now very close to being a card-carrying "Hendo Hater." He's a straight up dick that bitches all the time now. He "out-assholed" Bisping on their season of TUF & that's an accomplishment. I have a friend who was on his team that season & says he was completely uninterested in his figters, the show, matchups, & everything apart from his fight with Bisping & his own training for that. If not for his "H-Bomb" he would have lost a lot of his fights in the last couple years. One fight for sure, is the Feijao one, I was front row & Feijao had a better gameplan, better conditioning, & would have easily beat Hendo , if not for 1 big overhand right. Yes, that is part of fighting, but I see something like Machida's "non-fighting" against all of the top guys he's beat as A LOT more impressive than the fact he can end fights regardless of gameplan or if he's winning the fight due to a God-given talent of being able to end a fight with one right hand shot at any time. I mean shit, even Kimbo has that. Ok, not the best example lol but you have to see what I'm getting at.
Michael_Corleone
3/2/13 12:16:14AM
UFC on Fox 8 - Hendo vs Fedor II
sparky
3/2/13 12:22:46AM
Hendo vs Big Country now lets see that Dana
Sir_Karl
3/2/13 3:51:49AM
Personally, I don't really think Hendo deserves a big heavyweight superfight. Too bad Big Country wasn't free though. That would be a downright war.
Poor_Franklin
3/2/13 4:57:51AM
i like fighters based on their actions inside the cage or ring, not outside of it

the only exceptions are rapists, bullies & criminals. other than that, i dont care if theyre assholes.
prozacnation1978
3/2/13 7:42:08AM
He has so many fights left

Lil nog and wandy rematches
Texeira
Evans

Also middleweight fights

I do believe this is his last year. He will fight two more times one against Evans
Second maybe bisping rematch
Shawn91111
3/2/13 12:39:29PM
He isnt dropping to MW unless its for a title shot.
Shawn91111
3/2/13 12:45:30PM

Posted by Tyzzler

Posted by Shawn91111

I could sit here and bitch (about the Machida fight), but it doesn't help anything

Really? Because it seems like that's all you've done since the Machida fight is bitch. About Machida's "non-fighting", about the judges, about Zuffas "inability" to give you more frequent fights against more prestigious high-ranked fighters.

Yes I am now very close to being a card-carrying "Hendo Hater." He's a straight up dick that bitches all the time now. He "out-assholed" Bisping on their season of TUF & that's an accomplishment. I have a friend who was on his team that season & says he was completely uninterested in his figters, the show, matchups, & everything apart from his fight with Bisping & his own training for that. If not for his "H-Bomb" he would have lost a lot of his fights in the last couple years. One fight for sure, is the Feijao one, I was front row & Feijao had a better gameplan, better conditioning, & would have easily beat Hendo , if not for 1 big overhand right. Yes, that is part of fighting, but I see something like Machida's "non-fighting" against all of the top guys he's beat as A LOT more impressive than the fact he can end fights regardless of gameplan or if he's winning the fight due to a God-given talent of being able to end a fight with one right hand shot at any time. I mean shit, even Kimbo has that. Ok, not the best example lol but you have to see what I'm getting at.

Really? did Hendo squirt water at Johnson, or was that Bisping? Did Hendo act like a baby because he didnt want to change the training times when they were allowed to change them or was that Bisping? I could go on and on about the douche things Bisping did in that season of TUF. Look at how Hendo coached that season and the gameplans he installed. His team never followed them, he would say one thing they needed to do to win the fight and they never did them. And stop with the "If he didnt land that one shot" bullshit that the opponent would have won. If all he has is "1 shot", then it would be very easy to gameplan for it. Hendo won the 2nd round of the Feijao fight and didnt land the big right until the 3rd, he was doing fine.
Travesty145
3/2/13 2:04:57PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Tyzzler

Posted by Shawn91111

Really? did Hendo squirt water at Johnson, or was that Bisping? Did Hendo act like a baby because he didnt want to change the training times when they were allowed to change them or was that Bisping? I could go on and on about the douche things Bisping did in that season of TUF. Look at how Hendo coached that season and the gameplans he installed. His team never followed them, he would say one thing they needed to do to win the fight and they never did them. And stop with the "If he didnt land that one shot" bullshit that the opponent would have won. If all he has is "1 shot", then it would be very easy to gameplan for it. Hendo won the 2nd round of the Feijao fight and didnt land the big right until the 3rd, he was doing fine.

u r incorrect ^
moob
3/2/13 2:15:18PM
I agree with the other posters saying Henderson is almost completely one dimensional. When he comes up against fighters of a particular skill set, he really struggles and is only ever looking for the overhand right.

I respect what he's achieved in the sport, but he's completely missed out in the evolutionary aspect.
Shawn91111
3/2/13 6:26:24PM

Posted by Travesty145

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Tyzzler

Posted by Shawn91111

u r incorrect ^

Im waiting on you to correct it.