Dan Henderson's chances at 185

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Dan Henderson's chances at 185
Next Page »
DJAM11
10/22/07 6:44:18PM
Dan henderson in my opinion is the most overrated fighter in the world....everyone ranks him so high at LHW and he hasnt earned that ranking i personally believe he cant hang with anyone in the top 10 at LHW he has one win over a hospitalized wandy.....but now to my point ANDERSON WILL KILL HENDO AT 185, everyone knows hendersons wrestling credentials but when does he ever use them its dispicable how much he relies on his punching power, he won't try and take anderson down and he won't knock him out( if you think he will watch the video of him training with big nog) and he can't handle andersons striking clear victory for silva in my eyes
jiujitsufreak74
10/22/07 6:51:09PM

Posted by DJAM11

Dan henderson in my opinion is the most overrated fighter in the world....everyone ranks him so high at LHW and he hasnt earned that ranking i personally believe he cant hang with anyone in the top 10 at LHW he has one win over a hospitalized wandy.....but now to my point ANDERSON WILL KILL HENDO AT 185, everyone knows hendersons wrestling credentials but when does he ever use them its dispicable how much he relies on his punching power, he won't try and take anderson down and he won't knock him out( if you think he will watch the video of him training with big nog) and he can't handle andersons striking clear victory for silva in my eyes

you obviously haven't seen henderson fight that much if that is your opinion. even just based on the rampage fight, that was a close fight and i believe it could have gone either way. if henderson was able to take rampage into the fifth round and fight to a decision against a fighter who many believe is the #1 LHW in the world then i believe he definitely is a great fighter. henderson has defeated silva, belfort, misaki, bustamante, gono and chonan is his most recent fights. his victory over wanderlei is 100% legitimate and don't make any excuses for silva because he made none for himself. henderson is a great competitor and his style matches up very well against anderson's style. you say that everyone is overrating him, when in fact you are the one who is severely underrating him.
Aaronno9
10/22/07 6:56:12PM
I think dan needs to pick a weight, and stay their, which it seems like hes done now at LHW. The more time he spends fighting at LHW the easier he'l find it to hang with physically bigger fighters, which i think will help him alot should he rematch jackson. But if he drops to fight anderson, then goes back up again, the changes are obviously going to effect him and he'l find it hard to win at LHW. As far as the fight with silva goes though, i think it would be an absolute war. I think dan would try to stand with anderson at first, get rocked, then look to take it to the mat. Tough to call, but id give it to anderson via a k.o
tuvok500
10/22/07 6:57:47PM

Posted by DJAM11

Man, you are drunk or what ???

henderson is a top 5 fighter in the LHW division and he did fight and win alot of fight to have his ranking !!

i personaly think that hendo could be the biggest threat that silva can have for a while, but i also think that even with his huge wrestling talent, he will get KO by silva anyways, maybe late in the fight but KO anyways !!

you should look at the hendo's fights closely before posting some hilarious statement like that !!

DJAM11
10/22/07 6:59:06PM
lets look at the wins you listed for hendo...silva( u dont wanna face the facts about this fight thats ur problem), belfort a guy that hasnt been near the top in years i think he would get smashed by the lower class at 205, misaki a 185er who cant beat frank trigg, bustamante a 185 who is way past his prime and would have been hendo a few years ago and gono and chonan two guys who are blown up 170 pound fighters.....he has no business being ranked so high at lhw and would be dumb enough to stand and trade with anderson so would be ranked around 2 or 3 at mw as well
DJAM11
10/22/07 7:00:46PM

henderson is a top 5 fighter in the LHW division and he did fight and win alot of fight to have his ranking !!

someone tell me who hendo has beat at lhw that classifies him as top 5
Boo_Radley21
10/22/07 7:05:41PM
I think that he's got the best chances of beating Anderson. He was able to man handle Rampage in the first couple rounds of their fight until he Quinton started beating on him. And Rampage is a lot stronger than Silva.
tuvok500
10/22/07 7:06:57PM

Posted by DJAM11

he was the pride's champ in that division, what do you want more than that !!!

i was argueing with some pride lovers who was bassing on the ufc fighters but man, you are close to be a ufc lovers who try to do some bassing on the pride fighters ,and it is not very good for you man !!

Twenty20Dollars
10/22/07 7:07:10PM
I really only thinkg hendo is moving down to 185 is he get dominated at 205 like KO'ed or submitted with like back to back losses like if he lost 1 or 2 fights after the rampage fight.
TimW001
10/22/07 7:08:53PM
Hendo is the only guy who has a chance against Anderson Silva, IMO. Hendo has had great fights against top 205 fighters like Rampage and Wandi, I think he would do great at 185.
cmill21
10/22/07 7:09:22PM
Did he get smashed by Rampage? No, some believe he should have won that fight. I think if he used his strengths more he would have. He stood with Wand, which is no easy task, beat Misaki, Chonan, Oyama, Bustamante, Big Nog, Gilbert Yvel, Carlos Newton, Babalu, took Arona to a split, and he's never ever been KO'd or TKO'd. I don't get how you can say anything negative about him.
DJAM11
10/22/07 7:10:13PM

i was argueing with some pride lovers who was bassing on the ufc fighters but man, you are close to be a ufc lovers who try to do some bassing on the pride fighters ,and it is not very good for you man !!

he didnt do shit to earn his title shot...that shot shouldve been lil nog's im not a ufc lover bashing a pride fighter im a person who think a fighter is overrated get over pride vs. ufc bro i think hendo has terrible game plans and didnt deserve his shot to me its the same thing as matt serra....i dont think either of them deserved their belts
DJAM11
10/22/07 7:11:20PM

Posted by cmill21
I think if he used his strengths more he would have.

that is my point that he only stands and bangs instead of playing to his wrestling like he should
jiujitsufreak74
10/22/07 7:15:20PM

Posted by DJAM11

he was champion of pride, which automatically raises his ranking. he defeated wanderlei silva, who i believe had no more complications than most fighters do (although i know we feel different on that so there is no need to argue endlessly on that) and fought a 5 round close fight with the number 1 LHW in the world. henderson has always been near the top at MW, and when he beat wanderlei at 205, his skill has carried over from his MW dominance of pride and thus he had a high ranking. if you can make the #1 LHW in the world go to a close decision than you are definitely top 5. if you say that henderson is not as good as people think, name LHWs that you feel are better and with a good argument and then ill see if i can understand where you are coming from. Chuck has lost two in a row, one loss to jardine which drops him below hendo, wanderlei lost to hendo, and decisively, so he is below hendo, forrest hasn't won enough fights in a row, shogun i think can be argued as better and so can rampage, but besides those two there really isn't anyone who i feel is better than hendo at 205.

and as for anderson, like i said, hendersons wrestling style and experience will make it a difficult fight for silva. henderson is basically the randy couture in terms of style of the LHW and MW divisions. that style makes it hard for someone like anderson to decisively win. now, i am not saying that i think hendo would beat anderson without a doubt, i just feel that he would give him a good fight and has the best chance for winning.
tuvok500
10/22/07 7:16:28PM

Posted by DJAM11

he didnt do shit to earn his title shot...that shot shouldve been lil nog's im not a ufc lover bashing a pride fighter im a person who think a fighter is overrated get over pride vs. ufc bro i think hendo has terrible game plans and didnt deserve his shot to me its the same thing as matt serra....i dont think either of them deserved their belts

well, i agree about serra but man, how can you even compare hendo to serra ?
i am pretty sure that dana was raging when he saw gsp got TKO like that, and i am sure that dana has regretted his decision to give a direct title shot to a level b fighter !!

as for hendo, well, champ against champ, it is pretty fair for me !!

TimW001
10/22/07 7:23:29PM

Posted by DJAM11

Wanderlei Silva.
TheHitmanTL
10/22/07 7:26:12PM
youve got to be kidding! he KOed Silva and just took it to rampage and lost a unanimous decision IMO hendo would beat anderson at 185
jocksmall
10/22/07 7:40:48PM

Posted by DJAM11

this is one of the most clueless posts ive seen in a while. dan had to go to 205 because there wasnt any competition at 185. the guy has faught guys in about every weight class . if you think another guy is better thats fine but to say he cant hang with any top 10 is ignorant after he barely lost a decision to the champ and has wins over
wandy
belfort
little nogs
babalu
renzo gracie
marilo rua
newton
yvel
all of the top jappanesse guys
he would bust up all of your reality stars that dana is pushing down our throats
you can question alot of guys who get title shots but this was a unifacation bout.
did rampage deserve a shot?
did couture deserve a shot at hw?
nate the great?
serra?
monson?
lutter?
pride champ vs ufc champ everyone wanted to see it face it no one agrees w/ u
cmill21
10/22/07 8:49:58PM
The man beat Big nog and Yvel at HW, he could be ranked in the top 10 at HW since some people rank kongo who has beat a mess up Cro Cop and no one else.
DJAM11
10/22/07 8:52:51PM
lol he had to drop down to 205 cuz there was no competition he lost to misaki so good job idiot, and he does not have a win over lil nog he lost to lil nog so once again you are an idiot and wut defines all of the top japanese guys he LOST to misaki....lets look at the top 10 in no specific order
1. rampage: he just lost to him idc that he went five rounds a loss is a loss
2. shogun: hendo will not be able to stand with a healthy shogun
3. wandy: a healthy wandy will beat hendo i'd bet my life on it
4. chuck liddell: dan will be foolish enough to stand with chuck and he will taste the power of the fading ex champ
5. sokoudjou: they wud never fight they're from the same camp
6. forrest griffin: just beat arguably the number 1 fighter in the world with one arm way too big and strong for dan
7. ricardo arona: beat hendo so we know how that works
8. lil nog: beat hendo so we know that result too
9. rashad: ground game is very good and has improved striking too young and big for hendo(fought at hw)
10. tito ortiz: a healthy tito if he can get hendo on his back will win
DJAM11
10/22/07 8:55:04PM

Posted by cmill21

The man beat Big nog and Yvel at HW, he could be ranked in the top 10 at HW since some people rank kongo who has beat a mess up Cro Cop and no one else.

the man beat big nog at hw in a bs split decision when there was no strikes on the ground, which then nogueira avenged in a real match....and since when does beating yvel make u a top 10 hw was frye top 10 after he beat gilbert????
jocksmall
10/22/07 9:06:19PM
no one agrees with u because u dont know what your talking about. bashing one of the best fighters in the world. it seems a loss is only a loss according to u if its dans loss .. everyone else has an excuse . u said he didnt deserve a shot but you have nothing to back that statement. i outlined many others who had less credentials who recieved a title shot. i mixed up big and little nog and you bashed me for it but big nog makes my case stronger. you want to resort to name calling because you cant intellegently agrue your ignorant point
jiujitsufreak74
10/22/07 9:08:30PM
first of all, i dont know how u have arona still up htere, he won't fight again and he hasn't been impressive in his lat fights so that logic mind boggles me.

as for liddell, hendo was able to go 5 rounds w/ rampage, how many was chuck able to go? thats right not even one. he has two losses in a row so i have hendo as better

ortiz, not at the level of hendo and hasn't shown me too much, hendo has been putting on good fights as he KOd silva and fought to a close decision w/ rampage.

sok, don't get me started, the guy doesn't even have ten fights, and despite the fact that he beat big names, so did hendo, and a lot more times then sok did

silva is a great fighter, but got KOd devastatingly by hendo so how can you rank him higher?

griffin...he is up there, but he also has a couple of losses, one to jardine that make it hard for me to rank him too high. i know he beat shogun, but that doesn't automatically make you incredibly high. and i know what you are going to do with that statement, you are going to say that just b/c he beat silva doesnt make hendo high either, but hendo has been consistently fighting the best and has been near the top his whole career. his fight w/ silva just solidified that he was a great fighter, in fact i had him winning that fight anyway, i was probably by myself though.

i can only see shogun or rampage as better than hendo right now in the LHW division. you have obviously not seen all of his fights and are probably just using his stats as evidence, but if you have seen him fight, then you wouldn't be making this accusation. i can't wait for hendo's next fight so he can prove to you that he is for real.

i honestly think that you are pretty much by yourself when you say that hendo isn't top 10. even saying that he isn't top 5 is underrating him.
jiujitsufreak74
10/22/07 9:09:37PM

Posted by jocksmall

no one agrees with u because u dont know what your talking about. bashing one of the best fighters in the world. it seems a loss is only a loss according to u if its dans loss .. everyone else has an excuse . u said he didnt deserve a shot but you have nothing to back that statement. i outlined many others who had less credentials who recieved a title shot. i mixed up big and little nog and you bashed me for it but big nog makes my case stronger. you want to resort to name calling because you cant intellegently agrue your ignorant point

if i hadnt already given you props i would definitely give you one for this statement. 100% agreed
tuvok500
10/22/07 9:10:29PM
DJAM11 man,

you are not very good when it come to predict or analyze a fight , so good luck for your first event man !!

by the ways, the argument of the week is, you are stupid, you are idiot, etc..

so , you will not score any points with these words man .

cmill21
10/22/07 9:31:29PM

Posted by DJAM11

lol he had to drop down to 205 cuz there was no competition he lost to misaki so good job idiot, and he does not have a win over lil nog he lost to lil nog so once again you are an idiot and wut defines all of the top japanese guys he LOST to misaki....lets look at the top 10 in no specific order
1. rampage: he just lost to him idc that he went five rounds a loss is a loss
2. shogun: hendo will not be able to stand with a healthy shogun
3. wandy: a healthy wandy will beat hendo i'd bet my life on it
4. chuck liddell: dan will be foolish enough to stand with chuck and he will taste the power of the fading ex champ
5. sokoudjou: they wud never fight they're from the same camp
6. forrest griffin: just beat arguably the number 1 fighter in the world with one arm way too big and strong for dan
7. ricardo arona: beat hendo so we know how that works
8. lil nog: beat hendo so we know that result too
9. rashad: ground game is very good and has improved striking too young and big for hendo(fought at hw)
10. tito ortiz: a healthy tito if he can get hendo on his back will win

Dan also beat Misaki. Don't call people idiots.
1. Yeah took the one of the best 205's to a decision, winning rounds.
2. One I don't see hendo winning
3. Why wasn't wand healthy?
4. Dan has fought guys who hit harder then chuck and Ko'd them sorry
5. Yeah so?
6. Yeah dan fought big nog, Yvel, and Rampage and they weren't to big a strong so of course Forrest will be...
7. SD that IMO Hendo won
8. One of the best 205's in the world.
9. Rashad coulden't Ko hendo, coulden't out wrestle him and coulden't sub him.
10. No, just no.
HulkRage
10/22/07 9:32:47PM
IMO Hendo needs to move down to 185 so that Silva can unify the belts. Hendo is a good fighter, but IMO Silva will destroy him. Hendo is #5 MW in my ranking.
DJAM11
10/23/07 12:11:02AM
theres no use in discussing this with you my thread was about how anderson will beat dan because he ditches his gameplans and decides to just throw bombs......when he gets beat and you guys realize he isnt the elite at 205 i expect apologizies from everyone in this thread
tuvok500
10/23/07 12:22:18AM

Posted by DJAM11

theres no use in discussing this with you my thread was about how anderson will beat dan because he ditches his gameplans and decides to just throw bombs......when he gets beat and you guys realize he isnt the elite at 205 i expect apologizies from everyone in this thread

of course , silva will beat hendo, but it doesn't mean that hendo is not a good fighter, it's mean that silva is the best p4p in ufc !!! with GSP close 2th !!

easy to understand, even for you !!!

well, maybe not for you afterall, you seem to be running from a psychiatric institute !!

cmill21
10/23/07 12:45:05AM
I could see hendo beat anderson. There are reasons people though Nate and Lutter would beat him, they're good wrestlers and thats andersons weak point. Hendo could take him down and he won't get Ko'd by him. Ask Rampage how hard Dan's head is.
Pages: [1] 2