Dan Henderson Calls Out Rampage Jackson For 'Just Showing Up To Get Paid'

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Dan Henderson Calls Out Rampage Jackson For 'Just Showing Up To Get Paid'
FastKnockout
2/29/12 1:46:42PM
Dan Henderson was tweeting during UFC 144 and a few days later a few of his tweets about Quinton Jackson during his fight with Ryan Bader have picked up a little steam. While Rampage was putting on one of the worst performances of his career, Henderson first poked a little fun at Rampage's stomach and then spoke to what many of us were thinking.

LINK
State_Champ
2/29/12 1:52:13PM
I'd rather see Henderson vs Bader (as I stated in the "matches to make after ufc 144" thread).

Rampage vs Shogun, please.
TeamDEY
2/29/12 2:04:51PM
I agree
shaneTpain
2/29/12 5:49:07PM
Hendos been chirping alot of dudes lately.
Shawn91111
2/29/12 7:52:11PM
Hendo is friends with Rampage, they have trained together before. Why cant Hendo say what everyone is saying already?
ghandikush
3/1/12 11:57:49AM

Posted by Shawn91111

Hendo is friends with Rampage, they have trained together before. Why cant Hendo say what everyone is saying already?

Titties!?
Boo_Radley21
3/2/12 5:24:21PM
Henderson vs Bader would be awesome, Henderson TKO fo sho. I think he'll get his title shot but Jones is a bad match up for him. Hendo has terrible defensive wrestling in MMA. Jones would ragdoll him and sub him, cause really nobody's going to stop Henderson with strikes
warglory
3/2/12 6:32:37PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Henderson vs Bader would be awesome, Henderson TKO fo sho. I think he'll get his title shot but Jones is a bad match up for him. Hendo has terrible defensive wrestling in MMA. Jones would ragdoll him and sub him, cause really nobody's going to stop Henderson with strikes

Hendo's submission defense is just fine. Did you see his fight with Big Nog? As in HW Big Nog? That was an epic ground war, and Nog is far more of a threat on the ground than Jones I am willing to bet, especially back then in Nog's prime. If there's one safe bet in MMA, is that Dan Henderson will never be rag dolled.

I actually think Hendo would be a fantastic match up against Jones. Hendo would walk Jones down and likely intimidate him if he can land a few well placed strikes. I still think Jones is much like Ortiz, where when he is on his game, he is a destroyer, but he also wilts under pressure from a superior striker.
FlashyG
3/3/12 3:59:21PM

Posted by warglory

I actually think Hendo would be a fantastic match up against Jones. Hendo would walk Jones down and likely intimidate him if he can land a few well placed strikes. I still think Jones is much like Ortiz, where when he is on his game, he is a destroyer, but he also wilts under pressure from a superior striker.

Maybe one day we'll find one

I think Jones would be too quick for Hendo at a distance, with too much reach.

Other than connecting with his H bomb I don't give Hendo much of a chance against Jones.
warglory
3/3/12 4:42:08PM

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by warglory

Other than connecting with his H bomb I don't give Hendo much of a chance against Jones.

You mean like Machida? He demonstrated himself to be a far superior striker.
FlashyG
3/3/12 7:11:49PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by warglory

You mean like Machida? He demonstrated himself to be a far superior striker.

He made him look human for 1 round, The 2nd round was all Jones, and the full fight stats sure don't give the impression that Machida was even slightly better in the stand-up.

Hendo isn't anywhere near as elusive as Machida either, so its not like he could duplicate much of Lyoto's gameplan.
george112
3/3/12 10:32:26PM
I think hendo would open feeling Jones out to see where his striking compares to Jones' . If he wasn't getting the better of atleast some of the exchanges I think he would look for the takedown
Boo_Radley21
3/4/12 3:44:36AM

Posted by warglory

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Hendo's submission defense is just fine. Did you see his fight with Big Nog? As in HW Big Nog? That was an epic ground war, and Nog is far more of a threat on the ground than Jones I am willing to bet, especially back then in Nog's prime. If there's one safe bet in MMA, is that Dan Henderson will never be rag dolled.

I never said there was anything wrong with Dan Henderson's submission defense. I said his defensive wrestling in MMA is bad. The only reason I said he would get submitted is because as good as his sub defense is his chin is 100 times better. Hence only getting subbed by the nogs and silva and never stopped by strikes that I can recall.

That being said, Jones is so good that I dont think Hendo would make it 5 rounds, and his chin being as good as it is I only see it ending in a sub. Jones' freakish arms make him difficult for everyone to avoid subs. I mean he choked out Rampage and Machida

I never thought anyone would get ragdolled before they fought Jones and they did. I saw Palarhes spine busted Henderson theres no reason that Jones wouldnt do what he wants with him.