UFC 93: Dan Henderson Q & A

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 93: Dan Henderson Q & A
Wolfenstein
1/16/09 2:24:28AM
GAD: You're 38. Does retirement enter your mind?

DH: It's hard to know when that moment is. There's a lot of fighters going through that dilemma. Randy Couture, Chuck Liddell, it must be going through their heads. There's things I want to accomplish that are attainable in this sport, and if I attain them, it would probably be a good time to retire. I want to beat Anderson Silva (the sport's No 1 pound for pounder, who Henderson lost to two years ago) and I also want to fight for the 205 lb belt. And then retire.

link
casey64
1/16/09 10:17:59AM
Go Henderson, he should beat Rich Franklin, but I dont think he will beat Anderson Silva.JMO
gartface
1/16/09 12:00:43PM

Posted by casey64

Go Henderson, he should beat Rich Franklin, but I dont think he will beat Anderson Silva.JMO

I think he beats Rich, and with Forrest out of the picture for 2009, he gets a shot at the 205 belt with a rematch with Rampage or a fight with Machida, sometime in late fall/early winter. I don't know so much about being able to get another shot with Anderson, but if he was to get another shot at him, I think he beats him. I think he learned from their first fight that he just needs to take it straight to the ground and not try to stand and bang with him, despite how much dynamite he does have in his fists.