If Dan Hardy Wins The Belt Wich Welterweight would get first dibs at him ?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » If Dan Hardy Wins The Belt Wich Welterweight would get first dibs at him ?
MMA4EVER
3/25/10 4:22:43AM
im not rooting for him to win but if in fact he beats rush wich welterweight fighter would get first crack at him i say it would be fitch if he is able to get by alves again
BeeR
3/25/10 6:02:38AM
Maynard unfortunately
Wallass
3/25/10 6:09:43AM
Well seeming as how Gray isn't in this divisioin it wont be him. Winner of Alves vs Fitch or Daley vs Koscheck.
lohmann
3/25/10 6:14:30AM

Posted by Wallass

Well seeming as how Gray isn't in this divisioin it wont be him. Winner of Alves vs Fitch or Daley vs Koscheck.

Something like this.

Daley vs. Koscheck is being set-up as if the winner will fight the champion, but if Dan Hardy and Paul Daley somehow both win, chances are they will not fight each other. In that case, the title fight would likely be given to the winner of Fitch vs. Alves.
bojangalz
3/25/10 7:44:43AM
Alves vs Hardy would be an absolute barn burner.

So would Alves vs Daley for that matter. Something tells me one of those two is going to be Alves next opponent no matter what. If Alves beats Fitch there isn't anything wrong with matching him up againts Hardy even if he does lose to GSP. Same goes for Daley should he win against happen to beat Kos.

If Alves loses to Fitch and Daley loses to Kos then the match-up still makes sense. So I think it's pretty safe to say that's what's on the horizon.
Aether
3/25/10 9:12:43AM
I wouldn't be surprised if they just gave GSP an immediate rematch if that were to happen. Whatever they did GSP would inevitably end up with the belt around his waist again.
TheBestEVER
3/25/10 11:07:32AM
Well since the Alves / Fitch fight is off it would be winner of Daley Koscheck. I think that if Daley won, then him and Hardy would put their friendship aside for 25 mintues and fight. I dont think it will happen though because Kos is going to win and rematch GSP, and once again get beat down.
sbulldavid
3/25/10 11:17:21AM
I think the biggest difference in the division, is that GSP is the biggest, strongest wrestler in the division. Everybody has a Serra's chance in hell of knocking him out, but nobody can touch him in a wrestling match and he controls when it's time to hit the ground.
prozacnation1978
3/25/10 11:25:34AM
If ufc gives fitch a quick fight add him to dubai or montreal
Card have him face serra or john howard
Now if kos loses. It would have to go to fitch
gartface
3/25/10 1:28:34PM

Posted by Aether

I wouldn't be surprised if they just gave GSP an immediate rematch if that were to happen. Whatever they did GSP would inevitably end up with the belt around his waist again.

Agreed.
emfleek
3/25/10 1:30:29PM
If Hardy wins, GSP would get a rematch...after both men opposed each other as coaches on the next installment of The Ultimate Fighter.
State_Champ
3/25/10 1:46:55PM

Posted by emfleek

If Hardy wins, GSP would get a rematch...

Why?
What happens if GSP win the second match? Immediate third match?
I agree with an immediate rematch if Hardy wins a hard fought/even battle by decision or late finish....but If GSP gets starched immediately or just manhandled (i really don't expect this) then I don't think a rematch is necessary.
emfleek
3/25/10 2:00:34PM

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by emfleek

Why?
I agree with an immediate rematch if Hardy wins a hard fought/even battle by decision or late finish....but If GSP gets starched immediately or just manhandled (i really don't expect this) then I don't think a rematch is necessary.

Because GSP is GSP. It's not like this is his first defense of the title. He's defended the WW belt successfully 4 times in a row and is on a 6 fight winning streak. He most definitely deserves to get a rematch if he loses. Not to mention the fact that he's one of the most popular fighters in the UFC and they would want to promote the sh*t out of it. The marketing aspect is probably the #1 reason why he would be granted an immediate rematch.

Are you saying he shouldn't have been granted a rematch with Serra?
State_Champ
3/25/10 2:41:52PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by emfleek

Why?

Because GSP is GSP. It's not like this is his first defense of the title. He's defended the WW belt successfully 4 times in a row and is on a 6 fight winning streak. He most definitely deserves to get a rematch if he loses. Not to mention the fact that he's one of the most popular fighters in the UFC and they would want to promote the sh*t out of it. The marketing aspect is probably the #1 reason why he would be granted an immediate rematch.

I think I am.
emfleek
3/25/10 2:45:32PM

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by emfleek

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by emfleek

Why?

I think I am.

Well, once again we'll have to agree to disagree. Rematches are what fans (and the fighters) want and that's what the promotion is going to want. It's part of combat sports and it always has been. ESPECIALLY when a longtime champion loses his belt.
State_Champ
3/25/10 3:03:12PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by emfleek

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by emfleek

Why?

I think I am.

Well, once again we'll have to agree to disagree. Rematches are what fans (and the fighters) want and that's what the promotion is going to want. It's part of combat sports and it always has been. ESPECIALLY when a longtime champion loses his belt.

No, we don't have to agree to disagree on this topic. I have given the subject more thought, and I agree with you.
GSP should get a title-rematch.
(I allowed my emotions/distaste for GSP to cloud my judgment.)
(also, off topic, how is there no 'e' in the middle of the word judgment....it makes no sense to me and i never noticed it before)
emfleek
3/25/10 3:04:43PM

Posted by State_Champ

(also, off topic, how is there no 'e' in the middle of the word judgment....it makes no sense to me and i never noticed it before)

It can be spelled either way. Hell, I didn't even know you could spell it *without* an 'e' until now.

LINK
Gladiator
3/25/10 4:35:02PM
I'm not trying to split hairs, but GSP has 3 title defenses. Hardy will be his 4th.
emfleek
3/25/10 4:36:39PM

Posted by Gladiator

I'm not trying to split hairs, but GSP has 3 title defenses. Hardy will be his 4th.

I was counting his defense of the "interim" belt. But yeah, you're right.
NatedawgThaM
3/25/10 4:37:39PM
Either GSP gets a rematch because he has been champ for a long time or if they dont do that right away like last time, I think they'll give him Fitch or work Kos up since hardy has been talking alot on AKA recently. Either way it's a win-win for us.
jkwmma
3/27/10 9:49:45AM
id say that it would by the winner of daley v. koscheck. i wanna say alves v. fitch but that would be too big of a gap in between the fights.
anomoly
3/27/10 3:40:05PM

Posted by lohmann

Posted by Wallass

Something like this.

Daley vs. Koscheck is being set-up as if the winner will fight the champion, but if Dan Hardy and Paul Daley somehow both win, chances are they will not fight each other. In that case, the title fight would likely be given to the winner of Fitch vs. Alves.

i think you have it pegged... but now that Alves is out... maybe not