Dan Hardy wants to 'smash' Matt Hughes

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dan Hardy wants to 'smash' Matt Hughes
emfleek
12/22/11 12:20:54PM
The Brit currently does not have an opponent nor date, but he is targeting late Spring for his next fight. Top of his list of opponents would be the legendary Matt Hughes, and Hardy revealed he has already alerted the UFC to the potential fight.

"I've mentioned Matt Hughes to Lorenzo [Fertitta]," Hardy told ESPN. "He's been on a rough streak as well recently, he'll look at me and see I've lost four fights and think he can outwrestle me.

"I also genuinely don't like him. I need a fight to get up for and I'd take great pleasure in smashing him in the face. I won't talk about why I don't like him, it's some knowledge I have about him away from the sport. Even students around where he lives bet against him."

LINK
emfleek
12/22/11 12:22:20PM
FastKnockout
12/22/11 12:23:29PM
I would put money on Hughes outwrestling Hardy.
PABLOMAFIOSO
12/22/11 12:50:43PM
I want to see a Hughes vs. Hallman more than Hughes vs. Hardy.
I think Matt Hughes will probably retire after his next fight (preferably a final W from his point of view). It would be the end of the road for Hardy if he got beaten for the 5th time in a row. Hughes is fully capable of wrestlef***ing Dan for 3 rounds IMO.
Budgellism
12/22/11 12:52:50PM
Really? Hardy is gonna call out a wrestler? I honestly think Matt Hughes wins a dominate decision here. Perfect way for him to go out.
emfleek
12/22/11 12:59:16PM

Posted by Budgellism

Really? Hardy is gonna call out a wrestler?

My thoughts exactly. But mad props to him for not asking for an easy fight. Just another reason for me to love the guy.

I'll be pulling for him to send Hughes' into retirement with a nap should the fight end up happening.
emfleek
12/22/11 1:00:14PM

Posted by Budgellism

My thoughts exactly. But mad props to him for not asking for an easy fight. Just another reason for me to love the guy.

I'll be pulling for him to send Hughes' into retirement with a nap should the fight end up happening.
Lesnar1
12/22/11 1:28:57PM
I'd rather see Hughes v Serra 2, first fight was so close and both guys are on the road to retirement.
Twenty20Dollars
12/22/11 1:33:38PM
Weird fight to want for Hardy. Don't think it happens though. Still don't know if Hughes will even fight anymore.

I think the UFC would want to match up Hardy better or in a more intriguing fight.
Lesnar1
12/22/11 1:41:18PM
Dan Hardy v Matt Brown is pretty intriguing.
Budgellism
12/22/11 1:47:18PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Budgellism

That's true. Props for that but sitting on a 4 fight losing streak and calling out fighters the caliber of Hughes is dangerous to say the least. I'd like to see him knock Hughes out and he definitely has a chance, if Hughes decides to spare with him but I just don't see that happening after the last two beatings Hughes took standing. He'd be crazy to stand with Hardy. I see Hardy fending off kimura's and RNCs on route to a 30-27 win for Matt Hughes.

I'm still hoping Hardy gets to fight Akiyama at some point. That's a winnable fight for both guys and it's also guaranteed fireworks
Aether
12/22/11 2:12:02PM

Posted by Lesnar1

I'd rather see Hughes v Serra 2, first fight was so close and both guys are on the road to retirement.

From what I remember Hughes was almost knocked out by a headbutt in the first round and was still able to win the fight on wobbly legs. I think the headbutt is the only reason that fight was close at all.
prophecy033
12/22/11 2:17:03PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Twenty20Dollars
12/22/11 3:09:56PM

Posted by Lesnar1

I don't think Serra fights anymore.

But I have no interest in that fight or really Hughes vs anyone.
Boo_Radley21
12/22/11 3:33:14PM
Why is Hardy calling out Hughes? Come on now.

kopower
12/22/11 3:39:48PM

Posted by Lesnar1

I wouldn't mind that fight.
cowcatcher
12/22/11 3:48:10PM

Posted by kopower

Posted by Lesnar1

I wouldn't mind that fight.

I like it better than him and Hughes.

Hughes isn't going to take any fight unless it's against someone he deems worthy, and sorry Dan, but you are not going to fit the bill there. This fight won't happen.
bjj1605
12/22/11 6:21:19PM
I would pick Dan Hardy against Jonathan Goulet.
sparky
12/22/11 8:54:26PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by FastKnockout

I second that
ghandikush
12/22/11 8:58:47PM
I would put money on Hughes outstriking Hardy......
RhythmAndStyle
12/23/11 2:30:32AM

Posted by ghandikush

seriously?..SMH!..faild!
BigBadAl
12/23/11 6:01:27AM

Posted by ghandikush

LOLWUT!
kingsmasher
12/23/11 11:16:48PM

Posted by Lesnar1

I would like to see that too but I think they really didnt like each other but now are both willing to let it go becasue the first fight was so close...

Hardy isnt that smart to call out a wrestler but more than likely gets the win cause hes a UFC brit fighter and the UFC needs the Brit audience...

I see Dan Hardy next fight a fight he can def win...They arent gonna keep letting him lose...
40ouncetpkid
12/24/11 1:24:31AM
Honestly hardys first two fights are the only fights i think hes won in the octagon. I think hes gotten so many nods for being british since they need more britians for their uk cards. He is annoying as hell to but gotta atleast respect the guy for wanting dangerous fights! Thought he was taking time to fight outside the ufc though?

Danas probably like LOLWUTHELLNO. I would really like hardy vs davis or swick 2 at this point since i thought they both won but davis is beatable bit so is dan and swick hasnt fought in so long Its winnable. If he gets an easy fight i rather its them so Its a meaningful rematch. Hallman vs Hughes 3 for a retirement bout sounds perfect!