Dan Hardy wants UFC fight with Matt Brown in March or April; Riddle, not so much

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dan Hardy wants UFC fight with Matt Brown in March or April; Riddle, not so much
FastKnockout
12/14/12 11:48:55AM
GOLD COAST, Australia – By the end of a Q&A session with UFC fans, Dan Hardy decided he wants to fight Matt Brown, who recently called him out on Twitter, and still isn't interested in a fight with Matt Riddle.

Link
Budgellism
12/14/12 11:55:07AM
I'd much rather see Hardy/Brown. That's a great match up.
BigBadAl
12/14/12 12:29:22PM
Now that is a good fight
BillsNewAccount
12/14/12 12:55:58PM
Yeeeees!!!! Can't believe I am saying this but Brown has looked beastly his last couple of fights!

Brown by anyway he wants it.
airkerma
12/14/12 1:12:21PM
I would definitely take Brown in this one. Both seem pretty exciting.
DrivenDavies15
12/14/12 1:28:10PM
This is a good scrap, I think Brown will be able to hang with Hardy for sure.
frizzzlecake
12/14/12 1:48:08PM
Brown via taking fighting seriously.

Maybe it's just me but since GSP/Condit/Lytle all had there way with Dan, he hasn't been anywhere near the fighter he once was. Hell that spark in his eye and the confidence are gone.

So what's the UFC try and do give him fights he can win easily, Bang as much as I love him is well past his prime and Hardy exploited that. Dan beat Amir soundly, but to me didn't look impressive a fight that he should have won impressively imo.

Now the immortal Matt Borwn, first 4-fight win steak in his career. Has improved in every fight, even though some of his opposition were never to the UFC level imo. Never-the-less he is winning, and his best fight in the UFC was against Mike Swick, so what matt Brown is going to show up in that fight? My opinion it's the best Mike Brown we have seen, which Hardy? I don't know.

just my thoughts.
jay98107
12/14/12 1:58:31PM
I think this is a great fight, but it's not going to be the slugfest that I want based on recent comments Hardy about not wanting to get in wars anymore.
prozacnation1978
12/14/12 2:06:57PM
Hardy vs Brown on jersey ppv in April sounds good
jjeans
12/14/12 2:11:05PM

Posted by jay98107

I think this is a great fight, but it's not going to be the slugfest that I want based on recent comments Hardy about not wanting to get in wars anymore.

I think we're on the same page but I think this is a big money win and fight so I see why he's calling him out. But from what I've seen of Brown in the last 4 fights he will walk in with the better grappling game! Hardy might be on the worse end of a grappling match and he might end up being forced to try and brawl
jay98107
12/14/12 2:28:48PM

Posted by jjeans

Posted by jay98107

I think we're on the same page but I think this is a big money win and fight so I see why he's calling him out. But from what I've seen of Brown in the last 4 fights he will walk in with the better grappling game! Hardy might be on the worse end of a grappling match and he might end up being forced to try and brawl

Great point, I was actually just thinking the same thing. I hope you're right because I would love to see these two slug it out.
sbulldavid
12/14/12 4:31:15PM
Brown has always had potential but the more his BJJ and sub defense improve the more dangerous he becomes. He's got cardio for days and fights in kind of a controlled Wanderlei Silva mold, liked him on TUF but I'm lovin' his ever improving style of fighting.