Dan Hardy vs Marcus Davis

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Dan Hardy vs Marcus Davis
1daveufc
3/13/09 4:40:56PM
Now that Dan Hardy is trainng with freddie roach for his up and coming fight with marcus davies at ufc 99.What does the playground think his chance are of winning.
nickcuc547
3/13/09 5:05:20PM
he's still going to lose
chickmagnet
3/13/09 5:11:34PM
If Hardy is training with Roach you are definitely going to see a war of a fight. Hardy's counter looked very nice against Markham, I can't imagine how crisp his boxing is going to look in this next fight.

But....this is MMA not boxing, Roach was training Arlovski for the Fedor fight but Arlovski still left a huge opening and got knocked cold by Fedor, in MMA anything can happen. Marcus has some good ground skills and is very strong, I expect Marcus to take him down at some point in the fight and deliver some GnP, maybe a submission. It sounds like Hardy is expecting a boxing match from Davis, and that wont happen. Marcus will take him down and throw a lot of kicks on the feet.

Davis by UD
cmb19932
3/13/09 5:17:18PM

Posted by chickmagnet

If Hardy is training with Roach you are definitely going to see a war of a fight. Hardy's counter looked very nice against Markham, I can't imagine how crisp his boxing is going to look in this next fight.

But....this is MMA not boxing, Roach was training Arlovski for the Fedor fight but Arlovski still left a huge opening and got knocked cold by Fedor, in MMA anything can happen. Marcus has some good ground skills and is very strong, I expect Marcus to take him down at some point in the fight and deliver some GnP, maybe a submission. It sounds like Hardy is expecting a boxing match from Davis, and that wont happen. Marcus will take him down and throw a lot of kicks on the feet.

Davis by UD

i see no takedown coming from davis cuz im pretty sure he has already said his standerd whoever takes it downs a puss..y

marcus ud
Franklinfan47
3/13/09 6:28:32PM
I believe he is correct.

Besides, Marcus wont need to take him down to beat him. Hardy is coming off a good KO but Davis is pretty iron chinned and i believe still has the better boxing. In fact, he used to be a professional boxer at one point i believe.
grappler0000
3/13/09 9:02:32PM
I think Hardy comes in over confident with his striking and gets dropped early.
Wolfenstein
3/13/09 9:19:30PM
I'll take Mark Dellagrotte over Freddie Roach. That said, I think it's a very close fight but I'd give a slight edge to Marcus...maybe 60/40 in favor of Davis.
tmas
3/14/09 7:43:00AM
i have a feeling this fight will end up on the ground even if for a short time....Davis by sub rnd 2
prozacnation1978
3/14/09 11:18:22AM
he won't knock davis out
this will go to a decision
but davis can drop or sub hardy
ncordless
3/14/09 12:15:54PM
WAR Dan Hardy. He is going to prove that he is a future contender and that Davis is a high-end gatekeeper with this fight.

Hardy by UD.
higdon10
3/14/09 12:26:13PM
I like Hardy in this one.
jiujitsufreak74
3/14/09 12:26:24PM
I like both fighters (although as most of you know i like Davis more so) but i think this fight has a clear winner. Hardy hasn't faced an opponent at the level of Marcus and hasn't dealt with striking at Marcus' caliber. i agree with grappler that Hardy is going to overrate his striking and attempt to trade with Marcus only to learn quickly that Marcus' striking is years beyond his.

Davis, imo, has the striking and ground advantage in this fight and i feel that besides the reach advantage this is a bad match up for Hardy.
bls1919
3/14/09 7:54:54PM
I dont care how many weeks he trains with Roach, Hardys boxing wont be close to Davis'. I say Marcus will punish Hardy for a round and then KO him.