Dan Hardy Not Interested in Matt Riddle Fight, but Josh Koscheck… That’s Another Story

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dan Hardy Not Interested in Matt Riddle Fight, but Josh Koscheck… That’s Another Story
BuffaloDave
11/20/12 9:00:10PM
Matt Riddle, who just fought and won at Saturday night’s UFC 154 in Montreal, has made no secret of whom he wants to fight next… Dan Hardy. Riddle, after each of his two most recent bouts, has pleaded for a fight with the British bomber.

His pleas, however, have been met with little enthusiasm from Hardy.

“I’m not a matchmaker and that’s not my job, but if I was to pick an opponent, (a fight with Riddle) wouldn’t even come into my head, to be honest,” Hardy told Fuel TV recently.

“I don’t like looking at the guy, so obviously training for him for eight weeks would be tiring,” he quipped.

“There’s a lot of talent in the division, so many good guys coming up, and obviously, guys that have been at the top that aren’t maybe right near the top at the moment,” said Hardy. “I’m open. There’s a lot of good fighters, a lot fun fights.

“Maybe Koscheck on The Ultimate Fighter… if I had to choose.”

LINK
BuffaloDave
11/20/12 9:02:38PM
Can't blame him for wanting to fight Kos over Riddle. Kos has way more name value, plus pretty much guaranteed to be on the main card, whereas a fight with Riddle could go either on a main card, or the top prelim. Plus a loss to Kos wouldn't lower his stock as much as a loss to Riddle would.
george112
11/20/12 9:03:29PM
Tbh I'm not that interested in that fight either.

A koscheck fight would actually be really entertaining. However I do think josh takes it.
FastKnockout
11/20/12 9:22:28PM
Koscheck should be the last guy Hardy wants to fight. His wrestling might have improved but it hasn't improved THAT much.
sparky
11/20/12 10:19:44PM
I dont think Hardy should be fighting either one of thses guys. Personally I think Hardy is on a higher level than Riddle, and Koscheck is on a higher level than Hardy. I would like to see the outlaw fight someone more along the lines of Josh Neer or Sean Pierson
prozacnation1978
11/20/12 11:55:49PM
I think hardy may face say John Hathaway or Erick Silva next
infestructure
11/21/12 12:14:03AM

Posted by FastKnockout

Koscheck should be the last guy Hardy wants to fight. His wrestling might have improved but it hasn't improved THAT much.

Kos takedowns are second to GSP's
lohmann
11/21/12 1:35:53AM

“I don’t like looking at the guy, so obviously training for him for eight weeks would be tiring,” he quipped.

Hardy probably does not want another grind. Koscheck is a superior wrestler, but he tends to not fight like one.
Grimus
11/21/12 4:57:32AM
Hardy vs erick silva is also my pick
aussiemma
11/21/12 5:03:25AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

I think hardy may face say John Hathaway or Erick Silva next

dan hardy vs erick silva sounds sick !!!!
Dberntson
11/21/12 8:20:10AM
Kos would easily take Hardy down and hold him there. This is not a good fight for Hardy. I say let him fight Kampmann. This would give him a big name, but Kampann a chance to get a good win under his belt after that brutal KO. It could easily main event a Fuel or FX card in Europe or England. Kampmann should easily win, but gives Hardy a chance to raise his stock and at the very least a good profile fight / payday.
airkerma
11/21/12 11:19:07AM

Posted by infestructure

Posted by FastKnockout

Kos takedowns are second to GSP's

with both...again Inf
I like the idea of Hardy vs Riddle, because they are the same style fighters. Hardy has always been crying about people wanting to wrestle him instead of 'fight' him, so now he wants to fight one of the best wrestlers in the division? Is down up and up down now?
BigBadAl
11/21/12 11:21:11AM
By calling out Kos, Dan has proved once again that he has balls. He has no problem calling out strong wrestlers like Matt Hughes and Kos even though they are the worst match up's for him. Nobody can accuse him of looking for easy wins.

War Hardy
FastKnockout
11/21/12 11:25:13AM

Posted by lohmann

Hardy probably does not want another grind. Koscheck is a superior wrestler, but he tends to not fight like one.

It would probably look exactly like Kos/Daley. Once the s*** talking starts Kos will get upset and as soon as the fights starts he'll shoot for a takedown and grind him out.
BillsNewAccount
11/21/12 12:43:38PM
He needs to be calling out the few pure strikers at 170. I for one would like to see him fight the winner of Brown v Swick.
godofdixie
11/21/12 1:39:19PM
kos is a terrible match up for the outlaw. however kos has a much bigger name than matt riddle, and kos is the higher ranked ww. i completely understand hardy's desire to fight kos, even though i think dan would lose
frizzzlecake
11/21/12 5:33:17PM
Siyar vs. Dan

Book it.