Dan Hardy Vs Gono

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Dan Hardy Vs Gono
RampageOwnedYou
10/28/08 9:42:08PM
Curious, since ive seen people post a clip from the fight.
Anyone able to upload it, or have a link to watch the fight?

When reading the play by play it sounded as if we missed alot of drama....

Illegal knee called, then later found it wasnt illegal....both fighters not shaking hands or talking to eachother after the fight....
also would love to see the intro...

Anyone? Will give props
missypie
10/28/08 9:44:03PM
The only interesting part of the fight IMHO is Gono's entrance. There wasn't any drama and Gono went in there with the wrong gameplan against Hardy and lost a pretty uninteresting fight. I'll do my best looking for the link though and will edit this post if I can find it

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Dan_Hardy_vs_Akihiro_Gono_UFC_89?vid=10001950&tid=100

there ya go, full fight i think..
cmill21
10/28/08 9:46:07PM
Gono's entrance

Prop Juanez.
higdon10
10/28/08 9:59:31PM
RampageOwnedYou
10/28/08 10:30:05PM
thanks missy and all....

props on the way :)
Aaronno9
10/28/08 10:32:27PM

Posted by RampageOwnedYou

Curious, since ive seen people post a clip from the fight.
Anyone able to upload it, or have a link to watch the fight?

When reading the play by play it sounded as if we missed alot of drama....

Illegal knee called, then later found it wasnt illegal....both fighters not shaking hands or talking to eachother after the fight....
also would love to see the intro...

Anyone? Will give props

Dan pulled out the trademark kick to the pills at one point to lol.
Ben_Hutch
10/28/08 11:09:52PM

Illegal knee called, then later found it wasnt illegal.

Lol but it was horrificly illegal, Gono knee'd Hardy in the temple while Dan's knee was still touching the floor, it could easily have KO'd Dan.
RampageOwnedYou
10/28/08 11:25:13PM
just watched it and it was illegal for sure...TWICE...

Hardy pushed the fight, gono didnt do much at all....

Remind me never to read sherdog play by play....they were way off on this fight, and its funny because they said exactly what ABOVE guy just said, that it was legal....they also said they didnt shake hands....from what i saw they shook and hugged a few times...
wonder if you even watched the fight lol or just got it off sherdog.
Ben_Hutch
10/28/08 11:31:12PM

just watched it and it was illegal for sure...TWICE...

Hardy pushed the fight, gono didnt do much at all....

Remind me never to read sherdog play by play....they were way off on this fight, and its funny because they said exactly what ABOVE guy just said, that it was legal....they also said they didnt shake hands....from what i saw they shook and hugged a few times...
wonder if you even watched the fight lol or just got it off sherdog.

Did you even read my post or did you just make up what i said?
RampageOwnedYou
10/28/08 11:53:48PM
i didnt realize you quoted me. i wasnt even taLking about you lol i was trying to sAy the guy on sherdog....but i lost my thought, and made no sense at the end.....lol
my bad..
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
10/29/08 12:43:13AM
I dun know...I think Gono won that match. I give him the third round for the takedowns, submission attempts, and jawing Hardy as many times as hardy jawed him. I gave the first to Gono because I think he landed more power shots. I gave the second to hardy because I feel he did more damage. But I could see the 1st going to Hardy, and I could also see Gono winning the second.

It was definetly a close fight. And I found it exciting.
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
10/29/08 12:49:05AM
You know what, to me Rd 3 was theonly decisive round, and that went to Gono. But MMAWeekly's play-by-play lists that Rd as going to Hardy 10-8, while Rd.1 went to Hardy 10-9, and Rd.2 10-9 to Gono...the exact opposite of mine...go fig...close fight!
Ben_Hutch
10/29/08 10:42:54AM

i didnt realize you quoted me. i wasnt even taLking about you lol i was trying to sAy the guy on sherdog....but i lost my thought, and made no sense at the end.....lol
my bad..

Haha no worries mate
higdon10
10/30/08 12:14:21AM
I scored it 29-28 Gono.
jahada
2/5/09 12:40:51PM

Posted by higdon10

I scored it 29-28 Gono. [/QUOTE

And that my friend, is why you are not a referee. Ring control and aggression are two of the major factors that score points and lead to a decision. Sorry, but running from punches does not constitute aggression nor the former. Gono did spend most of the fight running AND couldn't even damage Hardy enough with TWO illegal knees to the face to make any difference. Hardy pushed the fight and kept up the pace, watch it more closely, Gono almost always attacked out of defence, again not constituting aggression in any way. And other major deciding factors that the judges look for are successful takedown attempts, visible damage and amount of landed strikes. The only thing that saves Gono at all was his successful takedowns, but these were quickly reversed (as points are also scored for keeping an opponent down which he could not do). Gono was bleeding, hardy was not. And guess who landed more strikes....? hmmm....

Not to mention how goofy Gono looked most of the fight. I ROFL when the referee pushed Gono in midair after the bell, lol. And as for the not shaking hands thing, they did so many times throughout the fight EVEN AFTER Gono threw the illegal strikes. There is no way Gono didn't know that those were illegal. Top knotch pro fighters don't just forget the rules in the heat of battle, You know when you are kneeing a guy in the face that if he's staring you in the cup - as far as the UFC goes- he definitely is not standing on "two points".

Maybe nobody watched this fight.....keep up the good work SHERDOG!

And thanks for the link missy!!