Dan Hardy v Dong Hyun Kim at UFC 105

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dan Hardy v Dong Hyun Kim at UFC 105
Wolfenstein
8/21/09 3:21:46PM
A source in Seoul tells us that the South Korean welterweight was offered the fight this week and has provisionally accepted.

link
emfleek
8/21/09 3:23:07PM
WAR HARDY!!!

Khaos
8/21/09 4:16:43PM
This has the making for a great fight, both guys are tough an durable, but I'm think I'm gonna take Dong Hyn Kim, I think his judo is going to be a big factor in this fight. Though because they're gonna be overseas, I could see a crooked decision for hardy, 'cause I feel Hardy is only 1-2 in the UFC, and lost the 2 SD's he had in England.

WAR DHK!
KaibaThedon
8/21/09 5:18:27PM
Hardy gets home court advantage, so now hoping that DHK can play spoiler.

He's still technically unbeaten inside the Octagon, although I believe he has lost twice.

Regardless,

WAR STUN GUN!
Twenty20Dollars
8/21/09 5:26:45PM
Gotta go with the Outlaw here prolly decision since you know where ufc 105 is at....
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
8/21/09 6:13:01PM
going for Hardy
tepid55
8/21/09 6:37:33PM
I think DHK will win by decision.
SamPan
8/21/09 6:59:58PM
I agree. DHK UD. Hardy has nothing on DHK
prozacnation1978
8/21/09 7:07:52PM
i have picked against hardy 3 times now
0=3!!!! i gotta go with hardy this time but pretty much who ever wins this fight will be a fight away from a title shot

if fitch gets past almeida i bet he fights winner of this one
Irish_Pride
8/21/09 7:15:00PM
Sounds like a nice fight. I gotta go with Dan "The Outlaw" Hardy on this one. I went against Hardy on his fight with Davis and Hardy really impressed me in that fight so I gotta go with him to beat Kim in this fight.
Aaronno9
8/21/09 7:49:22PM
Good fight. Cant see either guy being able to finish the other but I think Hardy will do enough to take the decision.

Plus its in the U.K so that obviously means the judges are going to give him the fight.
mkiv9secsupra
8/21/09 8:01:41PM
Hardy via UD easily. DHK is a downgrade from Hardys recent fights and will win this one in dominant fashion.
jae_1833
8/21/09 8:22:24PM
Easy FOTN!!
BigBadAl
8/21/09 9:47:05PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Good fight. Cant see either guy being able to finish the other but I think Hardy will do enough to take the decision.

Plus its in the U.K so that obviously means the judges are going to give him the fight.

Do I detect sarcasm Aaronn?
ravanunen
8/22/09 1:28:55AM
gotta go with DHK, hardy is going to be spending fifteen minutes on his back
1daveufc
8/22/09 2:53:57AM
a wud like to say hardy but a can see kim draging it to the mat and pulling of a late sub or ud.I think its a bit unfair to say the judges will be on dan's side i hope not the judges shud be straight where ever they are.Lets not leave it to the judges dan so everyone can say you won only cause it was in ENGLAND lets ko him.WAR HARDY
PABLOMAFIOSO
8/22/09 9:18:24AM
Fair enough the judging of the Bisping/Hammil fight was BS but you can't presume all UK fighters are going to be favoured. There have been many controversial split decisions in the UFC and I'm hoping this one doesn't go the distance anyway.
My boy Dong by TKO
Giant_Ochai
8/22/09 5:04:31PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Hardy via UD easily. DHK is a downgrade from Hardys recent fights and will win this one in dominant fashion.

Is that a joke? Kim is easily the best grappler Hardy will have fought in the UFC.
ziegler3334
8/23/09 7:45:20PM
Kim is the best grappler hardy's faced thus far, but i still like hardy. I've been picking him (3-0) and i'm going to keep that going. I actually think he could finish kim in this fight. either hardy UD or 3rd round tko. Like him or not (and agree with the decisions or not) hardy is in a position to start facing to WWs. I think he'll get past kim before losing to his next test (maybe fitch)
breakdown5
8/23/09 10:04:27PM
Great match up. Should be very entertaining. Classic stylistic match up's are usually pretty good whether someone gets owned or its a fight to the final bell.

EvenFlow
8/24/09 12:42:15AM
My initial reaction was Hardy of corse because of the venue, but the Dong and Yoshida are similar in style. Yoshida was getting the better of that fight before the DQ and Yoshida even got a sweet judo toss in (hint hint). The Dong better know this cant go the distance and be anywhere judgable as "close." I think this might be one of those fights where no matter what, I'll think the other guy should've win the decision. I have to favor the Dong but England favors a split decision I think.
ianinspain
8/24/09 7:08:14AM
I am slightly unsure as to why a few of you are thinking that Hardy got preferential treatment from the judges when he fought in Germany! The English are hardly high on the christmas list of most Germans!

If Hardy wins then he will certainly have earned it - like he did against Davis..........
BigBadAl
8/24/09 8:48:56AM
I only remember of 1 suspect decision in the UK where a UK fighter got the decision and that was Bisping v Hammil and that decsion was made by US judges. Not sure why so many people seem to think that any UK fighter fighting in the UK will get preferential treatment. There are bad judging decisions made nearly every UFC and most of them are in the US. I think it's just a case of getting the excuses ready just like for TUF9
EvenFlow
8/24/09 10:18:41AM

Posted by ianinspain

I am slightly unsure as to why a few of you are thinking that Hardy got preferential treatment from the judges when he fought in Germany! The English are hardly high on the christmas list of most Germans!

If Hardy wins then he will certainly have earned it - like he did against Davis..........

Neither are the Irish, whats your point exactly? I mightve missed it but quote someone saying anything about the German judges.

Hardy was given a gift against Gono getting the Bisbing treatment in England too. If a fight is close some fighters will just have the hometown judges on their side. It happened in boxing all the time, yes even MMA. Stout vs Wiman in Canada and Whitaker vs Marquez in Mexico are names that come to mind of other fighters fighting in other countries with bias involved.
BigBadAl
8/24/09 4:02:36PM

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by ianinspain

Neither are the Irish, whats your point exactly? I mightve missed it but quote someone saying anything about the German judges.

Hardy was given a gift against Gono getting the Bisbing treatment in England too. If a fight is close some fighters will just have the hometown judges on their side. It happened in boxing all the time, yes even MMA. Stout vs Wiman in Canada and Whitaker vs Marquez in Mexico are names that come to mind of other fighters fighting in other countries with bias involved.

His point is that the Hardy v Davies fight was in Germany not England. Germany would definately not show any favouritism to England, quite the opposite in fact.

Do you really think Hardy was given a gift against Gono?? It's funny how the same fight can be seen in different ways depending on the person. Keeps things interesting though with post fight debates.

And the Bisping fight was given to Bisping by US judges so I don't see any evidence of UK fighters being shown favouritism in the UK. And they certainly didnt need any favouritism in the US during TUF9.
Wolfenstein
8/24/09 4:49:40PM
I might be incorrect here, but I'm pretty sure that there were two US judges and one UK judge in the Hammil vs Bisping bout--and the two US judges scored it for Bisping and the UK judge scored it for Hammil.

Anyways I'm 0-3 picking against Hardy, and I won't be fooled again. Hardy FTW!
EvenFlow
8/24/09 5:02:35PM

Posted by BigBadAl
His point is that the Hardy v Davies fight was in Germany not England. Germany would definately not show any favouritism to England, quite the opposite in fact.

That was a rhetorical question I asked, I mention that they wouldnt show bias for an Irishmen anymore than a Englishmen in Germany.

Posted by BigBadAl
Do you really think Hardy was given a gift against Gono?? It's funny how the same fight can be seen in different ways depending on the person. Keeps things interesting though with post fight debates.

Pretty sure one of the judges in the Gono fight was Cecil Peoples, nuff said there but yeah I see that fight as a gift even though it was kind of close.

Posted by BigBadAl
And the Bisping fight was given to Bisping by US judges so I don't see any evidence of UK fighters being shown favouritism in the UK. And they certainly didnt need any favouritism in the US during TUF9.

Yes and do you know who one of those american judges was?... Cecil Peoples, and he gave it to Bisbing. The only ppl who thought Bisbing beat Hamill were... brits and a few blind american judges.
BigBadAl
8/24/09 7:42:24PM

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by BigBadAl

That was a rhetorical question I asked, I mention that they wouldnt show bias for an Irishmen anymore than a Englishmen in Germany.

Posted by BigBadAl

Pretty sure one of the judges in the Gono fight was Cecil Peoples, nuff said there but yeah I see that fight as a gift even though it was kind of close.

Posted by BigBadAl

Yes and do you know who one of those american judges was?... Cecil Peoples, and he gave it to Bisbing. The only ppl who thought Bisbing beat Hamill were... brits and a few blind american judges.

So Cecil Peoples is the bias one then

I heard he is secretly trying to gain British citizenship.
EvenFlow
8/24/09 8:05:08PM

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by BigBadAl

So Cecil Peoples is the bias one then

I heard he is secretly trying to gain British citizenship.

I take it you havnt heard of Cecil Peoples then

edit