Damn you, Joe Silva...Damn you!

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Damn you, Joe Silva...Damn you!
POLL: How tough are the UFC 105 picks?
My head hurts 17% (6)
Tougher than usual 20% (7)
Average 26% (9)
Not bad 11% (4)
Easy as pie 11% (4)
El queso es viejo y mohoso. ¿Dónde está el baño? 14% (5)
grappler0000
10/28/09 11:48:32AM
Anyone else finding that the picks for UFC 105 are tough as nails? UFC 106 isn't looking any more promising to be honest.
emfleek
10/28/09 11:50:00AM

Posted by grappler0000

Anyone else finding that the picks for UFC 105 are tough as nails? UFC 106 isn't looking any more promising to be honest.

I couldn't agree more...I glanced over them the other night. I have a feeling that I'm due for one of "those" events...

Wagering isn't looking too promising, either.
DCRage
10/28/09 12:03:06PM

El queso es viejo y mohoso. ¿Dónde está el baño?

The cheese is old and moldy. Where is the bath?
I found it fairly easy. Pick all the Englanders, they'll have the hometown judging advantage. Especially Bisping, he's not losing unless Liu kang somehow finishes him.
scoozna
10/28/09 3:14:13PM
Considering I've never heard of Gustafson nor Hamman...yes.

...these may be harder to pick, but because of that, they are easier to watch for me - I don't really have anything vested in any of them. (OK, except Couture).
emfleek
10/28/09 3:25:42PM
It's hard to have a judging advantage when you get KTFO courtesy of Matt Brown.

Rush
10/28/09 3:29:14PM
Gotta go with the Encino man reference here. I don't find many picks to be easy regardless of the event.
EvenFlow
10/28/09 5:54:03PM
I feel like Bisbing, Kelly, Hardy and Pearson would get the decision even if they lose two rounds or just a close fight and I will continue to think so until I see a brit lose a close decision in England. I feel that those the two fights that have a chance of controversy are Kang/Bisbing and Pearson/Riley since they'll probably be very competitive.

Right now I see Kang and Riley losing via location and circumstance. Reasons being they want Pearson a TUF winner to get a win and they want Bisbing another TUF winner to turn it around and keep getting British fanbase now and in the future.

Actually I feel great about this card, especially Vera, Hathaway and Swick. I'd say about 4-5 fights are tough to predict on this card with a few fights having potential upsets.