Damn you, Chase Beebe.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Damn you, Chase Beebe.
emfleek
6/2/08 9:10:48AM
Thanks for f'ing my parlay!!!!!!!!

I'm never wagering again. I absolutely suck at it.
grappler0000
6/2/08 9:41:40AM
yep, me too...I was cursing his name for quite some time
Twenty20Dollars
6/2/08 11:17:23AM
i did so bad on this event i got like 22 points hah
mrkennedy
6/2/08 11:22:49AM
is the downfall of chase
casey64
6/2/08 11:33:10AM
Same here! Damn you Chase, Damn you.
CantAndleDaRiddum
6/2/08 1:07:15PM
i got 35 pts, but worse was the ******* storm that came through & made me miss the 1st hour of fights.

atleast i got to see Torres?Maeda & Faber/Pulver
IriShame
6/2/08 1:49:23PM
Yeah, super bummer.
89vision
6/2/08 2:43:11PM

Posted by emfleek

im curious as to why you bet a parlay on an overdog....? theres not a lot of money to make unless you have 2 or 3 huge underdogs win
jiujitsufreak74
6/2/08 2:52:49PM

Posted by 89vision

Posted by emfleek

im curious as to why you bet a parlay on an overdog....? theres not a lot of money to make unless you have 2 or 3 huge underdogs win

sometimes it is good to have a sure thing accompanied by 3 closer fights in your parlay since you get more for having 4 instead of 3. just a freebe to make a little extra.
89vision
6/2/08 3:07:06PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by 89vision

Posted by emfleek

sometimes it is good to have a sure thing accompanied by 3 closer fights in your parlay since you get more for having 4 instead of 3. just a freebe to make a little extra.

yeah, and i gotta be honest i thought that fight was a freebie just cause i havnt heard of ribeiro but i think he should get props for beating a former champ, even by split decision, also its kinda harsh to make a thread bashing a huge overdog losing IMO
emfleek
6/2/08 3:11:36PM

Posted by 89vision

That's the flawwed mentality of most people when they wager. They figure, "Oh, well I won't win that much money."

Well, the reality is...my chances of a parlay pulling through were a lot higher than they were had I bet on 4 major underdogs.\

I forget the exact number, but had Beebe won, I would've won over $1000. Sure, it's not $10,000 or $50,000 but it's still $1000 and it's early in the season. If I can pad my bankroll a little right now, I'll be able to increase it more later on.

And if you'll take a look at my wagering history, you'd understand that $1000 is a major victory for me considering how bad I suck at wagering.

Kpro
6/2/08 3:29:04PM
I was cursing McCullough on my parlay. I slept through the first two rounds and when I woke up they were saying something about Alexander's corner telling him he won the first two.

So I figured barring a McCullough finish, he was going to lose.
holt8081
6/2/08 4:13:20PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

i got 35 pts, but worse was the ******* storm that came through & made me miss the 1st hour of fights.

atleast i got to see Torres?Maeda & Faber/Pulver

dont worry other then those two fights they all sucked
The_Italian_Stallion
6/3/08 1:20:08PM
Chase was my favorite WEC fighter for some time, since I saw him beat Wineland (I think that's the spelling) and then another 5 round war was unbelievable. I figure when he clashed with Miguel he'd be on the losing end but be able to bounce back....

He lost to a guy I've never heard of... this frustrates me so much!