Dallas Morning News: Cowboys deal Ayodele, Fasano to Dolphins for 4th-round pick

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Dallas Morning News: Cowboys deal Ayodele, Fasano to Dolphins for 4th-round pick
skinnator
4/26/08 10:14:30AM

Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com reports that the Dallas Cowboys have traded linebacker Akin Ayodele and tight end Anthony Fasano to the Miami Dolphins.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the Cowboys will receive a fourth-round pick in exchange for the two players.
hippysmacker
4/26/08 10:29:58AM
Fasano only played on 2 TE sets, and is really only a good blocker. His hands are indifferent, and he dropped some huge passes last year. Parcells drafted him in the 2nd, so maybe he can get the best from him. Aydele played great in Parcells version of the 3-4,where his main job was blowing up guards at the line on 1rst-2nd down. Wade Phillips 3-4 requires muddle guys to run to the ball more and maintain gap control, and be able to cover if teams pass on those downs. He a lot like Bradie James, but a little less instinctive. You can't have 2 run-stuffing only ILB's in the NFL these days. Teams pass the ball on way too often. They will probably both be better off in Miami, and Dallas will probably be too. Good players, but not the best current system fit. Tony Curtis, Dallas # 3 TE started replacing Fasano a lot last season. Kevin Burnett and even occasionally Bobby Carpenter started getting more playing time at Aydeles expense. With Carpenter being in his 3rd year now, Burnett being a FA after the season, and the addition of Zack Thomas, Dallas has been shopping Akin for awhile. So I appreciate there time In Dallas, but I think both sides will make out in this deal, and be better off in the long run.
zephead
4/26/08 10:56:23PM
After the trade for Pacman, I'm waiting for the Cowboys to sign Michael Vick. Then they can have a Strip/Dog Fighting/Gun Club
The_Ho_Bag
4/26/08 11:29:35PM

Posted by zephead

After the trade for Pacman, I'm waiting for the Cowboys to sign Michael Vick. Then they can have a Strip/Dog Fighting/Gun Club

lmfao =]