Are My Dallas Cowboys Falling Apart????

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Are My Dallas Cowboys Falling Apart????
Next Page »
POLL: Are The Cowboys Destined To Fall Apart???
Yes 52% (14)
No 48% (13)
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/9/08 2:19:16AM
Cowboys' Pacman gets in fight with bodyguard at Dallas hotel

ESPN.com

So is this the beginning of the end for My Cowboys?
zephead
10/9/08 4:27:22AM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

ESPN.com

Yes
hippysmacker
10/9/08 9:03:58AM
Pacman is not that big a part of the team, and even with the Newman injury( possible sports hernia- could be out 6 to 8 weeks) corner is the deepest position on our team. If Pacman goes we have 4 guys, including Felix , who can return punts ready to roll. We drafted Jenkins in the first round becuase he can play right away ,if needed, and he has done pretty well in nickel & dime packages so far . Scandrick has the skill set/speed to stay with anyone deep. He has only had problems with bigger receivers , and no long plays have come on him yet. Short first down plays -slants/ receiver screens / routes where a big receiver can shield him with their body are still a worry though. Since Newman came back from injury he has played mostly dime and nickel, and hasn't been the player he was last season yet . If this surgery gets him back to form in time for the playoffs, thats all I care about. If anyone derails Dallas it will be Owens IMO. Only time will tell, but i still got faith in them. A TO blowup could mean another first game and out in the playoffs. I think the only thing that could keep us from the playoffs , is a Romo injury. I believe the NFC east is far & away the best conference in football, and if you split all 4 teams among the 4 NFC divisions we would win them all. Thats not the kind of division I think we could win 10 or more games with Brad Johnson at QB. My guess is a few teams will be 10-6 for that last wildcard, and the tiebreakers will decide it. So far now I see no reason to even remotely panic.
Branwest
10/9/08 9:04:54AM
I'm a lifelong Bengals fan. I'm not a fairweather fan who switches teams according to who's winning at the time. The Bengals are horrible. Without Carson and T.J. they'd be even worse, although they can't get much worse considering that haven't even won a game.
My point is though, that considering the Bengals played them tough, that's not a good sign for the 'Boys (although the Bengals also played the Giants tough as well). Tony Romo is struggling, T.O. is whining about touches even when he's involved in 33% of their plays. And then you have Pacman. After being involved in a man becoming a parapalegic, you had to see this coming. He's a lifelong thug. He will not mentally mature. He punched one of his appointed security guards, and apparently it was a cheapshot from behind. The Cowbody assigned 4 guys to watch Jones and make sure he doesn't get into too much trouble, etc. Apparently, it didn't work. Pacman was hanging out with Ludacris when this happened.
They'll probably go to the playoffs, but lose in the first round. Still though, there's a chance they won't make the playoffs. Washington's tough. They have a tough division and, IMO, the best the can hope for is getting the Wild Card.
4u2nv
10/9/08 9:07:51AM
well if they r their taking the crappy Eagles with them and the Red skins and Giants r going to run away with the division.
Jackelope
10/9/08 9:09:56AM
Don't worry... problems with the law have long been a part of the Cowboy's offensive strategy. It seems to have worked pretty well so far
D0wnUnd6e6r
10/9/08 9:20:12AM
The T.O-Romo combo has to start working again. I'm a huge T.O fan and personally im bummed right now. They will fall apart if those 2 cant find that spark again.... oh and they gotta get their D together, like ASAP, cause right now it's ridiculous.
Shawn91111
10/9/08 9:39:52AM
Cant wait until my Giants face the cowgirls.
postman
10/9/08 11:01:31AM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

The T.O-Romo combo has to start working again. I'm a huge T.O fan and personally im bummed right now. They will fall apart if those 2 cant find that spark again.... oh and they gotta get their D together, like ASAP, cause right now it's ridiculous.

I always liked you but now that you said you are a huge TO fan I have to rethink it!
D0wnUnd6e6r
10/9/08 11:16:49AM

Posted by postman

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

I always liked you but now that you said you are a huge TO fan I have to rethink it!

haha yeaaah it'll happen... my fav team still remains frisco though, can't bring myself to be a Dallas fan, I just enjoy watching the guy play.
billycarnage
10/9/08 11:59:18AM
I grew up a Cowboys fan and I have always been loyal to them until recently. 4 years ago I moved from Tucson to Phoenix and became a huge Cardinals fan. I am a Fan of all teams Arizona, however I am still a Cowboys fan only now they come second. Marion Barber is my Favorite NFL player. Come sunday, eventhough this game means more to the Cowboys than it does to the Cards, I have to route for the Cardinals.
The Pacman Jones situation shouldn't effect the team too much. It comes with the territory. A year ago nobody ever thought Pacman would ever play in the NFL again. Jerry Jones rolled the dice. He is a great athlete but the Cowboys don't depend on him so much. I like Felix retuning kicks and punts better than Pacman anyway. That does leave a huge whole in their secondary though without Pacman. I hope they can get it together. They will need to bring their best to Az this week cause the Cardinals don't mess around at home.
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/9/08 12:10:22PM

Posted by zephead

ESPN.com

Yes

i knew YOU would say yes

does the dancing mod ever do av bets?

if so, i say me & u schedule a bet for nov. 16th
aaa9erh8er
10/9/08 1:12:19PM
lmao always messing with the mods i love it but ill bet on the cowboys against them to man or any one like they said above ive beem a cowboys fan for life,.
postman
10/9/08 1:21:09PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by postman

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

haha yeaaah it'll happen... my fav team still remains frisco though, can't bring myself to be a Dallas fan, I just enjoy watching the guy play.

As a kid I was a frisco fan started in 89 the first year I watched football I like Rice after that I managed to collect everyone of Jerrys cards till prob 96. But I have to admit as I got older and Young and Rice left I became a Home town guy and started pulling for the Steelers. The thing I don't get isTO played with Rice and he acts nothing like him.
zephead
10/9/08 1:58:16PM

Posted by zephead

ESPN.com

Yes

i knew YOU would say yes

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!

My name's Zep and it might be a sin,
But I'll take your bet, your gonna regret, 'cos the Skins are the best that's ever been."

Whatever bet you want to do. Your secondary is average at best and with Pac Man probably gone it will be worse. Santana dropped 145 on you while Portis dropped 121. So yes, I'll take that bet
emfleek
10/9/08 2:02:12PM
I think they have to get it together before they can fall apart.
iwannabesedated
10/9/08 2:13:56PM
I still think they'll be alright,However i think Romo will be always be a choke artist when it matters most.As long as Campbell keeps playing mistake free football and Portis can run Washington will be tough.But the Giants are still the team to beat in the NFC and probably the NFL.
emfleek
10/9/08 2:15:59PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

I still think they'll be alright,However i think Romo will be always be a choke artist when it matters most.

EVERYONE outside of Indianapolis said the same thing about Peyton Manning.

Oh, by the way...they were wrong.
iwannabesedated
10/9/08 2:27:28PM

Posted by emfleek

I still think they'll be alright,However i think Romo will be always be a choke artist when it matters most.

EVERYONE outside of Indianapolis said the same thing about Peyton Manning.

Oh, by the way...they were wrong.

Everyone outside of Philly said the same thing about Mcnabb and by the way they were right.. hes been known to choke in pretty much every big game hes played in.I feel the same about Romo.

it did take Peyton what 10 years or so to win the big one...
emfleek
10/9/08 2:35:30PM

I dont think its fair to compare Romo to Peyton.Everyone outside of Philly said the same thing about Mcnabb and by the way they were right hes been known to choke in pretty much every big game hes played in.I feel the same about Romo.

If you're going to predict that someone will never win the big game, Peyton Manning and Dan Marino should be the first 2 QB's brought in to the discussion.

Romo has been a starter for what, 2 seasons total? He's already in some good company...

Records and honors
2007 Pro Bowl
2008 Pro Bowl

Dallas Cowboys team records

Career
Games with 300+ yards passing: 13 (tied with Troy Aikman)

Season
Games with 300+ yards passing: 7 (2007)
Passing TDs: 36 (2007); previously held by Danny White with 29
Passing yards: 4211 (2007); first Cowboys quarterback to throw for more than 4,000 yards in a season
Completions: 335 (2007); previously held by White with 334

Game
TD passes: 5 (Nov 23, 2006); tied with Aikman

I think it's more than fair to compare him to Peyton Manning, personally.
iwannabesedated
10/9/08 2:43:00PM

Posted by emfleek

I dont think its fair to compare Romo to Peyton.Everyone outside of Philly said the same thing about Mcnabb and by the way they were right hes been known to choke in pretty much every big game hes played in.I feel the same about Romo.

If you're going to predict that someone will never win the big game, Peyton Manning and Dan Marino should be the first 2 QB's brought in to the discussion.

Romo has been a starter for what, 2 seasons total? He's already in some good company...

Records and honors
2007 Pro Bowl
2008 Pro Bowl

Dallas Cowboys team records

Career
Games with 300+ yards passing: 13 (tied with Troy Aikman)

Season
Games with 300+ yards passing: 7 (2007)
Passing TDs: 36 (2007); previously held by Danny White with 29
Passing yards: 4211 (2007); first Cowboys quarterback to throw for more than 4,000 yards in a season
Completions: 335 (2007); previously held by White with 334

Game
TD passes: 5 (Nov 23, 2006); tied with Aikman

I think it's more than fair to compare him to Peyton Manning, personally.

Well we're just going to have to agree to disagree you can copy paste stats from NFL.com till your eyes bleed individual stats dont win championships.If it takes him 10 years to win the big one like it did Peyton then so be it..Without Witten,T.O and Barber Romo wouldnt be anything special.

When Romo starts breaking Records and wins the big one then you can compare him to Peyton..
emfleek
10/9/08 2:47:22PM
Out of curiousity...why do you think Romo will always choke?
iwannabesedated
10/9/08 2:58:30PM

Posted by emfleek

Out of curiousity...why do you think Romo will always choke?

Because Jessica Simpson is a curse.No

Hes choked in the playoffs...Last year the Int to the Gmen when the game was on the line...And do i even need to mention the fumbled snap on the FG against Seattle...Until he proves me wrong..he's a choker in my book.

And hes still a Fumbler.22 fumbles over the last 2 1/2 season.Granted they all werent lost fumbles but still thats too much too much.
emfleek
10/9/08 3:02:27PM
Fair enough.

Like you said, I think it's best that we agree to disagree. This could go on forever.
iwannabesedated
10/9/08 3:06:41PM

Posted by emfleek

Fair enough.

Like you said, I think it's best that we agree to disagree. This could go on forever.

Yeah..arguing like two little kids

GO Steelers.
emfleek
10/9/08 3:25:39PM

Yeah..arguing like two little kids

GO Steelers.

Oh, crap...that's a whole new argument!!!

jiujitsufreak74
10/9/08 3:32:19PM
well, it seems as though Pac Man didn't violate any conduct rules after al' according to Chirs Mortison. Dallas really needs him in that secondary, but i don't think he is going anywhere. this was just blown out of proportion because Jones is living under a microscope. Dallas will be fine and most likely play in the NFC Championship game.
emfleek
10/9/08 3:49:26PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

well, it seems as though Pac Man didn't violate any conduct rules after al' according to Chirs Mortison. Dallas really needs him in that secondary, but i don't think he is going anywhere. this was just blown out of proportion because Jones is living under a microscope. Dallas will be fine and most likely play in the NFC Championship game.

That's the first thing I thought (about it being blown out of proportion) when I read the article this morning. Though, one quote I read bothered me...

The bodyguard, an off-duty policeman who is part of a security detail assigned to Jones, told team security that some "kidding around" and "playfulness" between himself and the player resulted in a brief scuffle in a restroom.

Hmmm...who's the bodyguard?

CantAndleDaRiddum
10/9/08 4:04:39PM

Posted by zephead

Posted by zephead

ESPN.com

Yes

i knew YOU would say yes

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!

My name's Zep and it might be a sin,
But I'll take your bet, your gonna regret, 'cos the Skins are the best that's ever been."

Whatever bet you want to do. Your secondary is average at best and with Pac Man probably gone it will be worse. Santana dropped 145 on you while Portis dropped 121. So yes, I'll take that bet

here's the deal, i got an av bet for joedaddy/kenflo on the 15th & this game is on the 16th
as soon as i figure out how long my av bet is w/ aaa9erh8er, i can tell u when i could put ur av on (in the event i lose both bets)

i say av should be worn for 2 weeks

deal?

The_Ho_Bag
10/9/08 4:20:02PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Cant wait until my Giants face the cowgirls.

Pages: [1] 2