Dallas Cowboys

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Dallas Cowboys
loonytnt
9/16/07 8:36:45PM
cowboy beat mia 37-20 today great job T.O had 97yards 1TD, GO COWBOYS
Copenhagen
9/16/07 8:45:07PM
Yup, now we get to watch New England crush the Chargers and their overrated running back.
loonytnt
9/16/07 8:55:13PM
i hope New England wins this one to, there going give the ball to LT a lot IMO and i hope he cames out of this game with 50 or less yards
babalu2720
9/16/07 8:57:20PM

Posted by Copenhagen

Yup, now we get to watch New England crush the Chargers and their overrated running back.

That's right go Patriots and to all the people who say our legacy is tarnished because of the taping scandal, screw you!!!!!!
loonytnt
9/16/07 8:59:45PM

Posted by babalu2720

Posted by Copenhagen

That's right go Patriots and to all the people who say our legacy is tarnished because of the taping scandal, screw you!!!!!!

lol i been hearin that a lot IMO it doesnt, the players still need to do there jobs and by tapein it i dont see how it can help in that game, other yeah but over alli still think there a good team
hippysmacker
9/17/07 2:14:05PM

Posted by loonytnt

Posted by babalu2720

Posted by Copenhagen

lol i been hearin that a lot IMO it doesnt, the players still need to do there jobs and by tapein it i dont see how it can help in that game, other yeah but over alli still think there a good team

It does make me think a little bit more about how much of a genius Bellicheck really is. However, unless I know for sure how long they have been doing this and how much of an advantage it provided, it will just make me suspicious and nothing more.
As for Dallas, I'm glad we have started 2-0 , but I'm worried about our defense . Before the season I said to my buddy( a fellow diehard Dallas fan) that we had 3 key defensive players that we could not afford to lose( Terence Newman, Jason Ferguson, Demarcus Ware) . Well, we have already lost 2 of them ( Ferguson -out for the year in the first half of week 1) and Newman( torn Plantar Fascia, has not played yet and is week to week). Ferguson was our only true NT able to take on the double team and collapse the pocket against the run. Now we have Ratliff, who is normally a DE and weighs 35 lbs. less, playing the Nose. It definitely hurts us against the run. Newman a pro bowl corner, who normal, takes the opposing team #1 receiver one on one. It allows us to roll the safety to Henry's side of the field, blitz more, and keeps Roy Williams closer to the line of scrimmage where he is effective. Luckily Ware, not only our best pass rusher, but also best LB in coverage is still healthy. Losing Terry Glenn for half the season doesn't matter so much on offense, because we have a lot of good receivers. Anyway I don't want to have to score 30 points a game to win all the time, so hopefully Newman at least comes back soon.
JWils
9/17/07 3:15:19PM
We'll see how good the Cowboys really are this week against Chicago.

If the Bears had a QB they would easily be the best team in the NFC. But, since they don't, it's up for grabs and the Cowboys could show the league that they are the best NFC team right now with a win on the road.

The D will have to get better though if they want to go to the Superbowl.
Copenhagen
9/17/07 7:21:18PM

Posted by JWils

We'll see how good the Cowboys really are this week against Chicago.

If the Bears had a QB they would easily be the best team in the NFC. But, since they don't, it's up for grabs and the Cowboys could show the league that they are the best NFC team right now with a win on the road.

The D will have to get better though if they want to go to the Superbowl.

Being the best team in the NFC isn't a great boast by any means lol.
loonytnt
9/18/07 2:08:17PM
i think the cowboys will win this game, cowboys had 4 picks, i see the same thing happen with the bears
zephead
9/18/07 4:56:19PM

Posted by Copenhagen

How is LT overrated? This is LTs seventh season. Here are his stats for his first 6 years.

Rushing Yards : 9,176
Rushing Touch Downs : 100
Receiving Yards : 2,900
Receiving Touch Downs : 11

Emmit Smiths first 6 years stats

Rushing Yards : 8,956
Rushing Touch Downs : 96
Receiving Yards : 1,951
Receiving Touch Downs : 4

Barry Sanders first 6 years stats

Rushing Yards : 8,672
Rushing Touch Downs : 62
Receiving Yards : 1,782
Receiving Touch Downs : 6

Walter Paytons first 6 years stats

Rushing Yards : 8,386
Rushing Touch Downs : 65
Receiving Yards : 1,791
Receiving Touch Downs : 5

I used those three because they are considered by most people as the three greatest running backs ever. LT has them beat in all 4 categories. Again, can you please explain to me why he is overrated.
SpiderSilva
9/18/07 6:11:01PM
Just wanted to throw this in there

In 5 years
8,840 rushing yards
72 tds
Oh yeah and 2 super Bowls
also rushed for 2,005 yards in one season
could have been the first to do it twice but his career was cut short

any takers on who this is??????

one more thing its not the system because no one else has come close to 2,000 yards sense he retired
Copenhagen
9/18/07 7:01:36PM

Posted by zephead

Posted by Copenhagen

How is LT overrated? This is LTs seventh season. Here are his stats for his first 6 years.

I used those three because they are considered by most people as the three greatest running backs ever. LT has them beat in all 4 categories. Again, can you please explain to me why he is overrated.

I'd explain, but I can't with my foot in my mouth.
SpiderSilva
9/18/07 11:00:05PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Just wanted to throw this in there

In 5 years
8,840 rushing yards
72 tds
Oh yeah and 2 super Bowls
also rushed for 2,005 yards in one season
could have been the first to do it twice but his career was cut short

any takers on who this is??????

one more thing its not the system because no one else has come close to 2,000 yards sense he retired

Tarrell Davis shoukld have been the all time leading rusher by this point in his career too bad it was cut short Emmit would have never got it
DevonFoxy
9/18/07 11:12:36PM
*cough* 49ers 2-0 *cough*
Gore had two TDs and are now leading the West.....just putting that out there
zephead
9/19/07 12:57:12PM

Posted by Copenhagen

Posted by zephead

Posted by Copenhagen

I'd explain, but I can't with my foot in my mouth.

Happens to the best of us. Now don't let it happen again.