Cyborg Solider

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Cyborg Solider
zach66700
10/7/08 11:14:46PM
"Cyborg Soldier," former UFC middleweight champion Rich Franklin's first professional movie gig, was released today on DVD.

The movie, a First Look Pictures sci-fi flick, also features TV star Tiffani Thiessen ("Saved by the Bell" and "Beverly Hill 90210") and Bruce Greenwood (I, Robot and National Treasure: Book of Secrets).

The movie focuses on I.S.A.A.C. (Intuitive Synthetic Autonomous Assault Commando), played by Franklin, who is the first prototype of a confidential "human weapon" program who goes on the run from secret military agents.

Franklin, who filmed the movie in Canada immediately following his UFC 77 loss to Anderson Silva, plays the role of the cyborg soldier as he takes hostage/escapes with Deputy Lindsay Rearden, played by Thiessen.

Like the movie itself and the rest of the cast, Franklin has earned some decent praise in the early reviews, which compared the movie to a typical 1980s good guy vs. bad guy action flick. Although Franklin shows -- by design -- little range with the role, it was a safe first film for the aspiring thespian.

"It was a fun process," Franklin told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) soon after the film wrapped. "It was definitely new territory for me. It was something different, but I think that's why I liked it. It was new type of challenge. ... I could see do some other movies in the future, though I'm concentrating on my fighting career right now."

Franklin returns to action Jan. 17 when he meets Dan Henderson in the main event of UFC 93, which takes place in Dublin, Ireland.

For more on "Cyborg Soldier," check out the embedded clip. The movie is currently on sale at Amazon.com and other outlets.

~MMAjunkie~
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/8/08 1:22:01AM
i saw a clip a while back, from what i remember it looked worse than scorpion king 2 promos
DCRage
10/8/08 6:49:03AM
Downloaded it this morning, will watch it tonight. Thankfully iTunes has it which will save me $10. You can buy it from them for $10, the DVD is probably $20 or more. Besides, there's other reasons besides Rich to watch-I think Thiessen, despite being close to 40 by now (I think), is still hot.
MMAcca
10/8/08 2:06:50PM

Posted by DCRage

Downloaded it this morning, will watch it tonight. Thankfully iTunes has it which will save me $10. You can buy it from them for $10, the DVD is probably $20 or more. Besides, there's other reasons besides Rich to watch-I think Thiessen, despite being close to 40 by now (I think), is still hot.

And yes, still hot
Naturaldisaster
10/8/08 2:46:22PM
i'll have to rent it
DCRage
10/8/08 6:13:31PM
Watching it now, I'll put my review up in the Spoilers Forum when I'm done so as not to ruin it for anyone else.

Non-spoiler movie recommendation: If you have to see it, rent. If not or if you're not a Franklin fan, skip it. I was disappointed.