Cutting weight to soon or too late?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Cutting weight to soon or too late?
Chieftan13
8/8/11 3:31:28AM
Hi, im a highschool wrestler who currently weighs 200 pounds(Not a lard ass) i wrestle at 160 and im getting sick of cutting weight wrong, should i start cutting my weight in september or october, the season starts november 31st and certify around december 10th or 12th does anyone have any suggestions? i wanna get down to 175 so i can flirt with going 170 or back down to 160 again
ghandikush
8/8/11 9:01:14AM
Start as soon as possible. Don't listen to the moronic wrestlers that tell you cutting water eight throughout the week somehow helps. Retain as much water as possible, eat ONLY fit foods like grains leanly cooked proteins etc. Dont portion down before dropping all the initial weigh you can.

Creatine is a great thing to use for an accellerated weight drop with good water retention and mental functioning.

Dont drop hydration till you are a few days out from competition or if you are practicing to see how much you can drop.

When you cut water weight I do not recommend the rubber suit, it over heats your body and can hurt you permanantly over time. Use heavy layers and hoodies etc if you wanna drop weight imo.

It is not going to benefit your wrestling to fatten up significantly after season. If you can only goin 10-15 pounds and hold that you will be better off imo
Chael_Sonnen
8/8/11 5:19:42PM

Posted by Chieftan13

Hi, im a highschool wrestler who currently weighs 200 pounds(Not a lard ass) i wrestle at 160 and im getting sick of cutting weight wrong, should i start cutting my weight in september or october, the season starts november 31st and certify around december 10th or 12th does anyone have any suggestions? i wanna get down to 175 so i can flirt with going 170 or back down to 160 again

September son
ghandikush
8/9/11 1:11:37PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by Chieftan13

September son

oops, well in that case do the same thing just like chael sonnen cant