cutting weight

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » cutting weight
HMA123
8/25/08 11:17:02PM
I was wondering what is the best and healthiest way to cut weight. (Without a sauna or anything like that). Im only looking to cut about 5-6 pounds, yeah not that much.. I can buy a rubber suit or something, but anyone have any good techniques or anything..?
hotrodttt
8/25/08 11:26:55PM
5-6 Pounds is nothing, All you need to do is watch tv in that suit and you'll cut it easily. I do it all of the time for Wrestling so I know from Expiriense
jae_1833
8/25/08 11:30:26PM
Without a sauna? Dude that's a time honored tradition from wrestlers of way old! I guess you can take a lot of pills that give you diarrhea, but I always thought guys that did that were just weird!! They called it "getting right" or "getting on the program". It just seemed nasty to me, but it does work. It's the sauna for me everytime....I usually take off about 15-20 lbs that way.
fullerene
8/26/08 8:21:49AM
There are plenty of ways to lose 5-6 pounds without a sauna. I'll just list a few scenarios:
* Increasing excercise (particularly cardio) and dieting for about 2 weeks will take that much off for most people
* little food or drink except occasional water for about 3-4 days will take off that much
* no food or drink, including water, for about 2 days will take off that much
* One session of hot yoga, wrestling or running with a sweat shirt and skull cap on will lose about that much...you can't rehydrate afterwards, though, or you'll put it back on (same as with a sauna)

5-6 pounds is a significant loss in "real weight" but it can still be done that way. Taking it off temporarily as "water weight" is about the equivalent of a workout where you sweat profusely. Depending on why you want to take it off and how much time you have you can go either way.
Rush
8/26/08 10:31:00AM
A while ago someone suggested chewing Bubbalicious gum and spitting in a glass.

Go walking. I would say a week of brisk walking 5 hours or so a day will dramatically reduce your body fat. It's just time consuming. When I was in Germany a few weeks ago, I dropped 5 lbs from about 20 hours of walking over a five day period. I was also eating like a horse during that time (German food isn't exactly light either) and drinking the occasional beer. You could probably get away with less time if you wore a heavy backpack. Just make sure it is packed and worn properly.

I find that eating lots of yogurt with active bacteria culture helps me keep my weight a few pounds lower. When I mean lots I mean a giant tub in 2 or 3 sittings.

One other thing. If you want to sweat more, make sure you don't wear your deodorant for a couple days before hand. It prevents you from sweating.
HMA123
8/26/08 12:16:22PM
Thanks for all of your responses. But i think you guys dont that im cutting weight for a tournament. Just water weight.
That was my faught for not explaining more.
seanfu
8/26/08 2:27:22PM
you cam poop an pee 6 pounds in the mornin lol.

Just throw on a hoody or sauna suit and run a mile or so, the slow down if you want and walk, your body will keep sweating. do that till you lose a good 3 or 4 pounds. Sleep the rest off. No need for extra clothes usually. Just sleeping will cut another 2 to 3 after you go to the bathroom.

It's uber frowned upon but I sometimes sip just a little water, leaves me fresher. I'm against the sauna for anything where you only have an hour from weighins to competition.

But yeah, the methods above usually leave me super fresh compared to a lot of other people.

Last thing, there are sweat enhancers out there and I haven't had to use them yet but 6 pounds with megapores probably isn't tough. Notewothy to check em out.
Jackelope
8/26/08 6:25:00PM
Nothing like taking a fresh dump and running some laps in the sweatsuit, I say.

The dump will get rid of 1-3 lbs. (depending on the size of it) and 2 pounds of sweat is easy as pie. I lose at least 2-3 lbs every day in just hour long technique sessions without a sweat suit.
hotrodttt
8/26/08 7:10:18PM

Posted by Rush

That was me, I do it for Wrestling, it works like this, you chew it for about an hour and you get dehydrated and lose a Pound, then you go to sleep dehydrated and wake up in the morning take a piss and you've lost about 5 Pounds
Kracker_Jap
8/27/08 12:37:54AM

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by Rush

That was me, I do it for Wrestling, it works like this, you chew it for about an hour and you get dehydrated and lose a Pound, then you go to sleep dehydrated and wake up in the morning take a piss and you've lost about 5 Pounds

Brings back memories of my days as a wrestler
hotrodttt
8/27/08 3:43:54PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by Rush

Brings back memories of my days as a wrestler

Yeah Dude It Sucks but it gets the Job Done