Cut forces Rob Emerson out of UFC 101 bout; George Roop reported as replacement

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Cut forces Rob Emerson out of UFC 101 bout; George Roop reported as replacement
mentalcase
7/23/09 11:21:52PM
MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned that "The Ultimate Fighter 5" cast member Rob Emerson (9-7 MMA, 2-1 UFC) has been forced to withdraw from his UFC 101 contest after suffering a cut requiring stitches while preparing for the event.

Emerson had been scheduled to face "The Ultimate Fighter 6" veteran George Sotiropoulos (9-2 MMA, 2-0 UFC) on the preliminary card of the pay-per-view event.

Featuring a lightweight title fight between current champ B.J. Penn and challenger Kenny Florian, "UFC 101: Declaration" takes place on Aug. 8 in Philadephia.
link
mentalcase
7/23/09 11:24:54PM
sorry double post i don't know why that keeps happening im not double clicking

BTW I LOST AN AVATAR BET THAT IS DEFENETLY NOT ME
mentalcase
7/23/09 11:25:41PM
test
Irish_Pride
7/23/09 11:29:23PM
Haha whats with the double posts? No big deal really. I think Sotiropoulous is still going to win even if he has a new opponent.
prozacnation1978
7/23/09 11:38:02PM
bad match up for george roop
i heard emerson is fighting at ufc 103 against dos anjos now
kopower
7/23/09 11:44:36PM

Posted by mentalcase

I was wondering about that, ha!
Mayhem13
7/23/09 11:53:55PM
Sotiropoulos should still pick up a win here....but instead of a decision I think he will get a finish
Twenty20Dollars
7/24/09 12:03:16AM
I will take George in this fight and you know which george Im talking about.

Also I saw that Emerson is going to face Dos Anjos, because Wiman had to pull out of that fight because of a knee injury.
mentalcase
7/24/09 3:22:50AM
the greek aussie should win this by sub
Drudinh
7/24/09 4:39:00AM

Posted by mentalcase

Is that ja rule?
DCRage
7/24/09 5:20:27AM
The Emerson at 103 item appears to be legit but not yet confirmed. On a related item, it's because Matt Wiman is off 103. Knee.
The_Metal_Maniac
7/24/09 7:39:35AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I will take George in this fight and you know which george Im talking about.

Also I saw that Emerson is going to face Dos Anjos, because Wiman had to pull out of that fight because of a knee injury.

This makes picking much easier for me. Sotiropoulos vs. Emerson was difficult for me and Dos Anjos vs. Wiman was also difficult. Now Sotiropoulos has an easy submission victory in my opinion and Don Anjos can should be able to take a victory from Emerson. Good fights.
DCRage
7/24/09 10:00:23AM
Of coruse this one is now easy to pick-either way George wins. I just hope it doesn't go to a decision simply because when Buffer starts announcing the winner we have to wait for the last names to know for sure, like with Hughes-Serra.
KaibaThedon
7/24/09 11:52:05AM
Going with George!

Sotiropolous by Submission in round 2 (Tapout due to Rear Naked Choke)

But if they go the distance, George the Aussie is winning by Unanimous.