Who is the next Current fighter in Pride to come to the UFC?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who is the next Current fighter in Pride to come to the UFC?
hippysmacker
1/30/07 9:16:20PM
I just feel it's gonna be Wandy. Eventually he will have to defend agaist Lil Nog, who I think is a bad matchup for him. I think Shogun will get a title shot and take the belt. Since they won't fight eachother, this free's up Wandy. I admit this has some wishful thinking, but you gotta have hope to finally see Chuck vs Wandy.
Also, Big Nog. I don't think they will give him another shot against Fedor, and he has beat Cro-Cop. The only thing to worry about is the rumor's that he is on some painkiller that wouldn't pass US drug screeing.
gspfan31
1/30/07 9:29:33PM
i'd like to see shogun in the ufc, it would be good to see big nogin the ufc too. I don't feel like watching fedor give him more brain damage
Spiderman
1/30/07 9:31:31PM
Now that the Ufc has broken the truce [ Pride and Ufc never went after each others fighters to keep salarys down , and profits up ] I think we may see a lot of Pride guys going to the ufc , and Ufc comeing to Pride . A lot will depend on how popular Pride gets in the USA ?

The fighters who im pretty certain wont be in the Ufc are the Nogs ! You would have to be a total mma newb to think they would want to come to the ufc after watching Lister vs Nate the great . They standup fights way to quick in the ufc , They dont allow fighters to work of there back . Not the place to be if your a JJ based fighter + the cage and 5 minute rds + the scoreing system geared toward wrestlers dont make the ufc a good place for fighters like the Nogs . The Nogs may leave Pride ?[ I doubt it ] I wouldnt mind Lil Nog leaving as he isnt getting any fights in Pride [ 1 in 2 years ] but if they do leave it wont be to the Ufc .
Sticksta13
1/30/07 10:12:17PM
one if not both Nog's
Infused
1/30/07 10:41:31PM

Posted by hippysmacker

I just feel it's gonna be Wandy. Eventually he will have to defend agaist Lil Nog, who I think is a bad matchup for him. I think Shogun will get a title shot and take the belt. Since they won't fight eachother, this free's up Wandy. I admit this has some wishful thinking, but you gotta have hope to finally see Chuck vs Wandy.
Also, Big Nog. I don't think they will give him another shot against Fedor, and he has beat Cro-Cop. The only thing to worry about is the rumor's that he is on some painkiller that wouldn't pass US drug screeing.

I would LOVE to see Wandy come to the UFC, thats my dream fight.

I would also like to see Barnett make a return to the UFC, and Shogun.
thelastking
1/30/07 11:03:28PM
I think it would be cool to see Kharitonov in the UFC and he has had some tough losses in pride so i could definitely see him comin to the ufc
mrsumo
1/31/07 1:00:41AM

Posted by Infused

[

I would LOVE to see Wandy come to the UFC, thats my dream fight.

It might be cool, but he didn't do that great last time he was there.
ac_gi
1/31/07 1:16:29AM
I think Dan Henderson will make his way to the UFC.

I love to watch Kazuhiro Nakamura fight. He may not win every fight, but he makes it exciting. I would like to see Kazuhiro in a different environment, maybe he would enjoy more success.
Jeffanori-Gomi
1/31/07 1:47:31AM
Aleksander Emilianenko is rumoured to be in negotiations with Zuffa.

rumors on mmaweekly like 2 months ago
hippysmacker
1/31/07 3:48:38AM

Posted by Spiderman

Now that the Ufc has broken the truce [ Pride and Ufc never went after each others fighters to keep salarys down , and profits up ] I think we may see a lot of Pride guys going to the ufc , and Ufc comeing to Pride . A lot will depend on how popular Pride gets in the USA ?

The fighters who im pretty certain wont be in the Ufc are the Nogs ! You would have to be a total mma newb to think they would want to come to the ufc after watching Lister vs Nate the great . They standup fights way to quick in the ufc , They dont allow fighters to work of there back . Not the place to be if your a JJ based fighter + the cage and 5 minute rds + the scoreing system geared toward wrestlers dont make the ufc a good place for fighters like the Nogs . The Nogs may leave Pride ?[ I doubt it ] I wouldnt mind Lil Nog leaving as he isnt getting any fights in Pride [ 1 in 2 years ] but if they do leave it wont be to the Ufc .

As I understand it( from Josh Gross on the beatdown radio show) the Pride and UFC have always had ,and still do have a agreement to not go after eachothers fighter's that are under contract. As for the Nogs, they are great figher's and are always active from their back, and are pretty hard to tie up. I think they would be great fighter's anywhere, and if they left pride the only comparable places salary wise are the UFC and k-1 heroes. Heroes doesn't have enough good matchups for them, so "IF" they left pride the UFC would be their most logical option. Alos, I think the UFC stopped pursuing Alek's in a serious way when he lost the 2nd of his last 3 fights.
OB_Juan
1/31/07 4:03:02AM
The way I think it might go down is which TEAM they dip into. Like if they should sign Aleksander maybe they will also pick up a couple guys like Zentsov and Sidelnikov. Or if they pick up Nog they will bring back Busta and maybe grab a Buscape or Bielkheden.
ac_gi
1/31/07 4:17:16AM

Posted by OB_Juan

The way I think it might go down is which TEAM they dip into. Like if they should sign Aleksander maybe they will also pick up a couple guys like Zentsov and Sidelnikov. Or if they pick up Nog they will bring back Busta and maybe grab a Buscape or Bielkheden.

Interesting point.
amik
1/31/07 8:27:02AM
Gomiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Gomi, come to UFC now!!!!!!!!!

In 2nd place, Joachi Hansen.

xD
roadking95th
1/31/07 2:15:56PM
Clearly any top fighter would be good news, but the UFC needs to shore up some weight classes more than others. Big Nog would help the most. What about Barnett? Didn't he say he wouldn't fight Fedor because of their friendship? Gomi or some other LW's would help greatly as well.
pv3Hpv3p
1/31/07 4:28:53PM
Big Nog (I'd love to see him fight Tim)

Shogun (I'd say Wandy, but he seems absolutly loyal to Pride)

Hansen (could make waves in LW div)

Kang (excellent adition at 185lbs)

All would be huge grabs for the UFC, this is all assuming that Fedor will get locked up by Pride...
Lay_N_Pray
1/31/07 4:40:00PM
Shogun, Kang, and Gomi would be the three most long term valuable guys the UFC could lock up.

I would love to see Wandy of course, but I would like to see that as a one time only cross promotional fight. I know it wont happen, but I would like to see it so someone can claim they are a true undisputed world champion.
Unkoman
1/31/07 4:53:27PM
The UFC still has a lot of work to do on the hw division.
The next fighter to come to the UFC will be Mark Hunt.
Exciting standup fighter they can market after CC takes out the hw division.
pv3Hpv3p
1/31/07 6:16:54PM

Posted by Unkoman

The UFC still has a lot of work to do on the hw division.
The next fighter to come to the UFC will be Mark Hunt.
Exciting standup fighter they can market after CC takes out the hw division.

Good call... Didn't think of Hunt... That would be a great addition to the division.
vman09
1/31/07 8:07:32PM
kang is unlikely to be the next fighter to jump to the ufc, since he's got a several fight contract locked up with pride.

although it would be great to see him in the ufc imo
Hangton
1/31/07 9:39:17PM
Its probaly going to be Wandy or Shogun or Hendo or one of the Nogs
BabbyHughes
2/1/07 2:27:05AM
It would be great if Shogun would come to the UFC. Like alot of fighters who have teammates that are champions in their own weight class, they sometimes go to other promotions to win the belt. I would love to see Shogun fight Chuck, Tito, Rashad, and Rampage. If Rampage brings his heart, it will be a great match between them.
allevil86
2/1/07 3:55:53PM
Hunt is probably the most liekly but if I had my way it'd be gomi