Curran shocks Huerta / Alvarez subs Neer

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Curran shocks Huerta / Alvarez subs Neer
emfleek
5/7/10 11:53:48AM
BOSTON – The big question after the fights on Thursday night? Where is Roger Huerta’s head at this stage of his fight career? Was it an issue of a rhythmic drought? Is his focus on something other than mixed martial arts right now? Or did he overlook his opponent, Pat Curran, in this lightweight semifinal tournament bout? Regardless of the speculation, Huerta and Curran put on a great show.

The first round started with Curran landing brutal kicks to the body of Huerta that generated gasps of pity from the audience. It was Huerta’s slowest of the three rounds. He seemed to be waiting for a brawl, but Curran wasn’t interested in playing into that game.

In the second round the pace started to pick up. Huerta was given periods of the “brawl” he wanted from Curran, but during those periods Curran stayed focused, landed good counter punches, and even several foot jabs to the head and mid-section of his opponent.

LINK
mshalosky
5/7/10 12:46:16PM
Curran looked very good and Alvarez was absolutely dominant. On a side note: Alvarez's brothers were hillarious.
bjj1605
5/7/10 1:19:29PM
Instead of looking at all the possible things that could have gone wrong with Huerta, how about Curran is a better fighter and beat him fair and square?
Giant_Ochai
5/7/10 1:31:21PM
Huerta looks like garbage when he can't lure his opponent into a mindless brawl. I also think that most of the major MMA promotions need smaller cages.
copcopps
5/7/10 4:42:46PM
shocked that a nobody beat huerta, not shocked he lost though overall, he was never that great
Giant_Ochai
5/7/10 4:51:57PM

Posted by copcopps

shocked that a nobody beat huerta, not shocked he lost though overall, he was never that great

A nobody only to uneducated UFC fans.
seanfu
5/7/10 5:03:05PM

Posted by Giant_Ochai

Posted by copcopps

A nobody only to uneducated UFC fans.

Yeah, Pat Currans a vet for sure.
machodog76
5/7/10 6:03:51PM
Man I fell asleep every comercial break, I kept waking up at the end of each fight. I wish it was on a little sooner.
prozacnation1978
5/7/10 6:05:37PM
huerta looked bad then again he looked bad in his last few fights as well
the huerta hype has now ended

alvarez looked good, neer was probably pissed it wasnt a stand up battle
marcoDGK
5/7/10 8:00:01PM
Huerta did look like garbage. Even in his fight before last nights. He seems slow and only interested in fighting after he gets popped by a big hit. Curran fought a smart fight. Huerta doesn't seem interested in fighting but does get very emotionally involved in his interviews. If he wants to act... MMA isn't for him.
lohmann
5/7/10 8:04:27PM
Huerta's a solid lightweight, with a win over Guida and two fights that went the distance against Kenny Florian and Gray Maynard. Just because he lost to Pat Curran does not make him bad.

He has some areas that he obviously needs to improve in, though.
hate4thestate
5/8/10 5:50:23AM
i dont think the loss says anything about huerta. pat is a beast and was under rated before that fight.hopefully now he gets some respect.