CURRAN FINDS A HOME IN WEC, WANTS FABER

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » CURRAN FINDS A HOME IN WEC, WANTS FABER
disorderlyvision
6/6/07 10:59:44AM
link

Widely considered as one of the top 145-pound fighters in the world, Jeff Curran looks to make an impressive debut in the WEC’s featherweight division. The “Big Frog” recently signed an exclusive 4-fight contract with the Zuffa-owned organization and is expected to have his next fight in August.

“Basically, I had a 2-fight deal with Pride that ended in September of this year and I had no idea when the next fight was coming,” explained Curran. “Monte [Cox] and I always have wanted to have a good showing in a 145 lbs. division like the WEC has going on. I pushed for Monte to make the deal with the WEC, but had to wait until the Zuffa/Pride deal was final. The day it was done I was in. I got my contract the very next day and we are ready to rock!”

Having fought in Pride, UFC, ZST, and the IFL, the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt is one of the most experienced featherweight fighters today. Curran has been victorious in his last five outings and holds notable wins over Wagnney Fabiano, Charles Bennett and Antonio Carvalho.