curious!! who has ever gone to a live ufc event??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » curious!! who has ever gone to a live ufc event??
prozacnation1978
7/28/08 10:16:05PM
just curious i think many have you have gone to at least one
some of you alot more than that
i know location is a bitch meaning people who live in vegas and england have alot more options than say people in the east coast and states than the ufc has never sanctioned an event before

so what is your event number??

for me i have gone to 3 live events not bad for me since my city has never seen one
given i am planning two more live one's by the end of the year
vegas in dec and nov or even shelling out the money toward chicago in oct

i know some fans have to work a full time job like myself as well some of us have to work holidays and holiday weekends so it is a lot harder to go during memorial day weekend, or super bowl weekend, or labor day weekend.

but i will say if you have ever not gone to a event, save the money and haul your butt to one. it will be one of the best times you will have.. for me it is way more cooler than seeing a baseball game or football game live.
I have seen some great fights, and i am hoping to see some more by the end of the year

anyways the three i have gone to live are
this last one ufc 86 which was alright, the worst time i had so far of the three
it didn't help wearing a rampage t shirt to the event and having him lose

ufc 79 in dec
wandy vs lidell lived up to the hype to the point i really didn't care about the hughes vs st pierre fight after that one, and the fact my throat hurt the next day after screaming through out the whole lidell fight,

ufc76
awesome card, shogun vs forrest, lidell vs jardine, fitch vs sanchez
too bad most of the whole card went to decisions, best seats i had of the three events sat in the second row above the floor seats than same money got me upper level in vegas, man are those vegas tickets expensive.

overall the main events of all three were some of the best fights of the year
i really recommend that you head to one live fight nights must be great but going to a big pay per view event with over 10000 fans screaming is worth the price alone
tepid55
7/28/08 10:33:57PM
I went to UFC 69 in Houston last year and had a great time.
xposipx
7/28/08 10:39:24PM
Cool, I'm glad you enjoyed the events you went to! I have been to three myself and had a great time and a very different experience at each one.

UFC 69: Awesome event with very good fights and the insane upset main event. I got invited by a long time friend's parents who got a suite. It was amazing and I never left my seat...just sat there watching it and hanging out with friends and not having to deal with the general public. We also went to the weigh-ins which were outdoors and pretty fun as well. The fans I did run into seemed classy for the most part and no one stood out as annoying.

UFC 77: Pretty terrible event as far as the fights were concerned, but I brought my girlfriend(Missypie on this site) and paid back my friend(rudevandal on this site) who took me to UFC 69 by giving him a free ticket (for UFC 82 also). Anyways, the racism was CRAZY in Cincinnati and the people were generally disgusting and uneducated (our seats were cheap and high up). However, the high seats are still pretty good - it seems no matter where you are you will have to look at the big screens to see the grappling. It was fun and a different experience than 69.

UFC 82: Took my girlfriend and buddy again to this one. Generally a good crowd (even in the upper level) and the only complain would be the guys directly in front of us who left to get beer DURING every fight but the main event and sat in their seats in-between fights. It's their money, so that's fine by me! Oh, and the guys behind us said "Are either of these guys American?" my reply: "nah"...their reply "oh, then i dont care who wins". Pretty annoying but funny at the same time. The fights were above average and I had a great time. The worst part was getting out of Columbus' downtown for 1.5 hours and not getting home until 3:30 am.

All in all I highly recommend going to events. It's a fun, one of a kind experience. Personally, I like football games live a bit more, but to each his own. At least try to goto one in your lifetime.
kevietre
7/28/08 10:44:16PM
damn u went to 79?? my boys and i were jealous because 78 was in jersey and we went to that but we missed the greatest card of the year by a month. it was still awesome but bisping and rashad as the main event put me to sleep
prozacnation1978
7/28/08 10:46:53PM
i went to two lidell matches, two griffin matches,
i want to see silva fight live badly, i might go to the midwest next year if he fight in ohio again
ChokeUout
7/28/08 11:24:55PM

Posted by xposipx

The fights were above average and I had a great time. The worst part was getting out of Columbus' downtown for 1.5 hours and not getting home until 3:30 am.

lol...I can relate, man. I went to UFC 68 in Columbus, and made the mistake of relying on a cab after the fight to get to the hotel 15 miles away in Dayton. We was out there for a good 2+ hours, in a cold march, no less.

Other than that, that event was phenominal. It was worth the price of admisson before the main event, with Franklin winning in ohio, Lambert knocking out babalu, Kampmann's tight submission of McFedries, and Fitch, Jamie Varner, and Matt Hammil all on the undercard were dope. But of course, All I really think about now is the couture sylvia fight, haha. THe Atmosphere was SOOOO CRAZY! Seriously, you know when your in a car with huge bass on the system and crank it and your insides vibrate? Multiply that by 50, it was that intense. Everyone was really genuine and had a great time.

Since I'm from Wisconisn and I got two events in neighboring states coming up, so I'll be going to UFC 87 and UFC 90, so hopefully I'll have more stuff to share with ya after october.
ThaAxeMurderer7
7/28/08 11:27:43PM
I went to UFC 84 back in May. I'm from Louisiana but me and my girl made the 26 hour drive from Baton Rouge to Las Vegas and it was well worth it. We ended up making a real vacation out of it by spending a few nights in Vegas and almost a week at the Grand Canyon in Arizona. UFC 84 was really special to me b/c not only was it my first live event but I got to see Wanderlei. Awesome card and awesome experience.
postman
7/28/08 11:35:21PM
I went to 68
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/28/08 11:43:55PM
I was at UFC 83 (montreal) with Tuvok... was f*cking nuts
kopower
7/28/08 11:46:08PM
Went to 81 in vegas. Brock Lesnars debut was pretty tight. Got my pic with him at the airport and stood next to him for about 20 minutes back in Minneapolis waiting for out luggage. I wanted to tell him I won $50 betting on Mir but he didn't look like he was a good mood (wonder why)

Anyway, the atmosphere was crazy and I'm going again to 87 in a few weeks.
DiabloFreak56
7/28/08 11:46:58PM
i went to ufc 78 vailidation

in my opinon the undercard was more fun to watch then the main card.

bisping vs rashad was a big let down imo

im hoping to go to the december event tho
Ordep
7/29/08 12:18:58AM
I'm going to 88 and excited about going to the event but not because the actual match-ups....
Franklin and Hendo on the same card but not against each other

Looking forward to the Undercard: Kurt vs Thiago and Chonnan vs Carneiro

BTW: How much are the Bud Lights? (I know it could depend on the venue but just to get an idea)
ThaAxeMurderer7
7/29/08 12:29:58AM

Posted by Ordep

I'm going to 88 and excited about going to the event but not because the actual match-ups....

BTW: How much are the Bud Lights? (I know it could depend on the venue but just to get an idea)

I know at UFC 84 they were like $7.50 each. I drank before and after the show though so I was good
Ordep
7/29/08 12:43:55AM

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

Posted by Ordep

I know at UFC 84 they were like $7.50 each. I drank before and after the show though so I was good

Thanks, that what we are doing anyway. Grab something to eat with some pitchers at Hooters then to the event
Bowen50
7/29/08 1:17:36AM
i have been to 3 events and my 4th is going to be UFC 87

UFC 61
Tito vs. Ken 2 hahaha and Arlovski Vs. Sylvia 3. Frank Mirs return was on that card as well. The undercard was definitly better than the main card though. Fickett Vs. Pellegrino, Cheick Kongo's debut, Jeff Monson, and Hermes Franca.

UFC 73
This was a very entertaining card to go to. Herring Vs. Nog, the crowd reaction to that head kick was unbelieveable. Rashad vs. Tito was decent and you can't go wrong with Anderson beating down Marquardt. I got a chance to meet Dana and a bunch of fighters such as Randy, Forrest, Karo, and Nick Diaz. When I met Diaz it was hilarious. I was sitting in the first section off the floor and i had the aisle seat. i notice someone standing next to me trying to find their seat and i look up and ....holy sh!t, its Nick Diaz! i stood up, shook his hand, and asked if i could get a picture with him. all of the fighters seemed like great guys.

UFC 78
The undercard was definitly better than the main card. all of the fights on the undercard were very entertaining. the only 2 fights on the main card that were good were Herman Vs. Doerksen and Thiago Silva Vs. Houston. It was also pretty cool to see Frankie Edgar win in his backyard.

i cannot wait to go to UFC 87. going to be the most exciting one i've been too yet no question.
telnights
7/29/08 1:18:40AM
I have been to a few.

UFC 4 first MMA event I ever went to. I was there to support my dads friend Dan Severn. After this event I was hooked after seeing a guy like Dan get subbed by a guy half his size. I started training BJJ on the side shortly after that.

UFC 15 Got free ticket from OSU as they gave them out to bunch of the wrestlers. I think this was Randy's doing but not 100% sure.

UFC 44 didn't even plan on going just happen to be on a trip in vegas at the same time so went ahead and went.

UFC 69 biggest upset ever. I still am in shocked GSP got beat by Matt. The hole time I was thinking I was going to be front row to a murder and turns out to be a murder just not the one I expected.
Diamondback2
7/29/08 2:10:10AM
Went to UFC 77 and i was hooked. I was rooting for Anderson (not that pretty much anyone else was) but by the end of the fight they were cheering for him.

Got to admit, when i bought the DVD, I'm glad, i heard Rogan say something along the lines of "this has been the night of clinching against the fence!" i was thinking the same thing. sat in the nosebleeds and loved it, could see everything but the ground game. which wasn't that big a deal, it's still exciting even if ur watchingon the bigscreens in the arena

Going to UFC 87 and I am PSYCHED!!!1

And also going to UFC 90 and the one in December if GSP/Penn happens (which i think and am praying GSP cruises thru Fitch so this can happen in a 5 RD fight.)

Wish there were more on the mideast.

Just pumped abotu seeing Huerta/Florian, GSP/Fitch and Lesnar/Herring. Plus i get to see Maia fight for the second time live.

prozacnation1978
7/29/08 7:08:58PM
well i just did a 180 over night cancelled my ortland trip for ufc 91 booked a flight to chicago for ufc 90 today
i wanna see silva kick some ass live for once!!!!!!!!
MFOTHER
7/29/08 8:17:07PM
just got seats to wec in sept. thats it....
Mungooch
7/29/08 11:52:31PM
I want one to come down under it would be mad but will prob not happen unless George Wogaropalis becomes a big star.
tomsmith17381
7/30/08 6:25:22PM
i went to ufc 70 in manchester and saw crop cop get knocked out by gonzaga with that vicious head kick we left that building buzzing.
i also went to ufc 85 in london and saw our boy mike desroy jason day. some guy next to us kept shouting for a tomb stone move and it was hilarios when nate marquadt gave him his tomb stone move right at the end of the fight. plus all the singing and mexican wave antics made it a really good atmosphere.
i also have tickets for ufc 89 in birmingham where i hope to see mike and dan hardy reign supreme. i dont care for liaudin he aint a brit he is a frenchy.
Aaronno9
7/30/08 6:44:03PM
I went to ufc 80 and it was awesome. Just getting to see Penn fight was sweet, but their was so many k.o's on that card aswell. Im pretty much limited to events in Newcastle tbh becouse im the only person i know into mma, so long trips around the country on my todd would be no fun.
chris91301
7/31/08 1:41:24AM
i only have been to one 2nd (lidell vs tito) fight.

it was definately money well spent. will go again sometime when can get a large enough group going.
Rabi
8/1/08 2:07:31PM
I have been to 3 and just find the whole UFC experince awsome.

The first one I went to was UFC 70 in Manchester. Didnt know any one else who was going so I travelled down by myself. The atmosphere was great, every one cheered on Bisping as he tko'd Sinosic, but the highlight of the night was THAT head kick. I jumped right out of my seat. It was amazing.

I got a midnight bus back 200 miles to coventry. I was knackered but it was worth it.

That expereince made me want to go and watch the UFC again ASAP. That morning I booked a flight to Belfast N Ireland and a B&B and went to watch UFC 72 ( by myself) on a wim. Overall it was a good night of fights apart from the main event and co main event ( Franklin v Okami) and ( F Griffin v Ramirez). But i did get to see one of the FOTY in Guida v Griffin. That fight was amazing.

Unfortunately I missed UFC 75 in London as it clashed with my best mates stag do. I was gutted.

Then i went to UFC 80 in Newcastle, my brother and mate went and we made a night of it. As some one said before, there was ko after ko. My favorite ko of the night was Rivera over Grove, it looked awsome on the big screen. Also got to watch BJ fight live which was amazing.

Would have gone to UFC 85 in London but was at a wedding in Ireland so once again missed the London event. I have just got my tickets to UFC 89 in Birmingham and I cant wait. Im going with my brother and 3 cousins.
copcopps
8/1/08 2:15:14PM
None, hopefully I will be going to UFC 90 here in Chicago. However it seems impossible to find tickets to an extent

that and also UFC tickets are ridiculously expensive and to see Cote get his butt whooped isn't really enough to draw me to spend th money. Need to see the rest of the card
tomsmith17381
8/1/08 2:15:44PM

Posted by Rabi

I have been to 3 and just find the whole UFC experince awsome.

The first one I went to was UFC 70 in Manchester. Didnt know any one else who was going so I travelled down by myself. The atmosphere was great, every one cheered on Bisping as he tko'd Sinosic, but the highlight of the night was THAT head kick. I jumped right out of my seat. It was amazing.

I got a midnight bus back 200 miles to coventry. I was knackered but it was worth it.

That expereince made me want to go and watch the UFC again ASAP. That morning I booked a flight to Belfast N Ireland and a B&B and went to watch UFC 72 ( by myself) on a wim. Overall it was a good night of fights apart from the main event and co main event ( Franklin v Okami) and ( F Griffin v Ramirez). But i did get to see one of the FOTY in Guida v Griffin. That fight was amazing.

Unfortunately I missed UFC 75 in London as it clashed with my best mates stag do. I was gutted.

Then i went to UFC 80 in Newcastle, my brother and mate went and we made a night of it. As some one said before, there was ko after ko. My favorite ko of the night was Rivera over Grove, it looked awsome on the big screen. Also got to watch BJ fight live which was amazing.

Would have gone to UFC 85 in London but was at a wedding in Ireland so once again missed the London event. I have just got my tickets to UFC 89 in Birmingham and I cant wait. Im going with my brother and 3 cousins.

see you there dude

MICHAEL BISPINGS BARMY ARMY!
prozacnation1978
8/1/08 4:52:39PM

Posted by copcopps

None, hopefully I will be going to UFC 90 here in Chicago. However it seems impossible to find tickets to an extent

that and also UFC tickets are ridiculously expensive and to see Cote get his butt whooped isn't really enough to draw me to spend th money. Need to see the rest of the card

i will be going there as well, tickets come out aug 15th friday public comes out 18th monday