The curious case of Keith Jardine

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » The curious case of Keith Jardine
MMAcca
3/4/09 1:40:23AM
Saturday night’s UFC 96 from Columbus, Ohio, is headlined by the match that in some ways makes no sense.

Keith Jardine could come out of the show as having beaten three of the most popular champions in the history of the light heavyweight division, and not only not get a title shot but also not even want one.

LINK
Drudinh
3/4/09 3:50:17AM
Link not working
theguido
3/4/09 7:49:11AM
Is this the only thing people find interesting about this fight is that he won't fight Rashad. Some people understand where he's comming from and some don't. IMO it doesn't matter it's not like if he wins Dana or Joe would give him the fight anyway. He would need at least 1 more big name fight to earn a shot, and as often as Keith fights (like twice a year) who knows if Rashad will be the champ still any way.
finnish_line
3/4/09 11:04:57AM

If Jardine wins and Machida beats Rashad, I'd totally book Jardine/Machida, even without another win for Jardine in the meantime.
scpd400
3/4/09 2:32:38PM
IMO Machida should be up for the title shot even if Jackson does win. How about Jackson fight Machida and winner gets title shot.
motorboatensob
3/4/09 2:41:36PM
I don't understand this they have already fought once on season two of TUF. It would make sense if they never had fought before. Most fighters will tell you I don't hate the guy across the cage from me its just a fight. After most fights you see the guys hug, talk, and laugh with each other even guys who don't like each other so if he lets a title shot pass him by the shame on him.
theguido
3/4/09 4:20:21PM

Posted by motorboatensob

I don't understand this they have already fought once on season two of TUF. It would make sense if they never had fought before.

Now thw situation is completely different they have been friends and training partners for years now