curious how the ufc approaches the women mma landscape

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » curious how the ufc approaches the women mma landscape
prozacnation1978
1/9/13 1:54:17PM
Right now there are about 7 events filled and almost to
Completion on others so far but yet only one female fight
I think the Ufc has only openly signed 4 women fighters

If they want to do this. They need to start adding fights to the future cards. And start finding talent. Cause having a female fight every 5 or 6 cards is a joke.

They should have signed Sarah Kaufman , Davis , and every top 10 fighter in the world at the 135 weight class
Poor_Franklin
1/9/13 3:23:38PM
i think they

1. see how Rousey/Carmouche does
2. set up a future card w/ Rousey/Cyborg & have another wmma fight on that card or on the card directly preceding it, to try to set up a contender for Rousey/Cyborg
3. then, if Rousey/Cyborg fails, they'll drop the division. if it works, they'll set up a couple more down the road w/ the same model as step 2, & maybe add 1-2 more fighters
4. Lather/Rinse/Repeat until they figure out it wont work & they then drop the division.

hate to be a pessimist, but this is how i think it'll go.
KNIGHT
1/9/13 3:29:03PM
they won't make a wmma bout until after the rousey fight. If rousey loses I doubt they put on another one for a long time. If she wins they will try to build fights for Rousey if the interest holds up.
tcunningham
1/9/13 3:56:21PM
yea i think the main reason they haven't signed all the top female fighters yet is because they just dont know how it will go over in the ufc. unfortunately i still talk to people that just want to see some sort of cat fight, and all they talk about is clothes being ripped. i'm all for nudity, but when it comes to two female fighters in the octagon, i want to see a competitive and skilled fight.
postman
1/9/13 4:02:29PM

Posted by tcunningham

yea i think the main reason they haven't signed all the top female fighters yet is because they just dont know how it will go over in the ufc. unfortunately i still talk to people that just want to see some sort of cat fight, and all they talk about is clothes being ripped. i'm all for nudity, but when it comes to two female fighters in the octagon, i want to see a competitive, skilled fight, with a little nip slip.

Fixed
jae_1833
1/10/13 1:16:11AM
Sadly I agree, investment shows dedication to building the division...this is an experiment.
State_Champ
1/10/13 10:00:53AM

Posted by tcunningham

yea i think the main reason they haven't signed all the top female fighters yet is because they just dont know how it will go over in the ufc. unfortunately i still talk to people that just want to see some sort of cat fight, and all they talk about is clothes being ripped. i'm all for nudity, but when it comes to two female fighters in the octagon, i want to see a competitive and skilled fight.

Bubbles
1/10/13 4:54:59PM

Posted by postman

Posted by tcunningham

yea i think the main reason they haven't signed all the top female fighters yet is because they just dont know how it will go over in the ufc. unfortunately i still talk to people that just want to see some sort of cat fight, and all they talk about is clothes being ripped. i'm all for nudity, but when it comes to two female fighters in the octagon, i want to see a competitive, skilled fight, with a little nip slip.

Fixed

they need to sign and put a rematch between Sarah Mcleod and Olesha Karringten
Bubbles
1/10/13 4:56:33PM
what are the contracts like with Invicta? Are they allowed to fight elsewhere during their contract or not? A lot of good fighters are signed there which may be preventing the UFC from signing them
prozacnation1978
1/10/13 6:32:47PM
If carmouche does win. I wonder if that will be the end of that or immediate rematch. Experiment yes.
I do think more live exposure like a couple fox cards is the way to go.
Michael_Corleone
1/11/13 11:23:59AM
I'm curious to see if Ronda Rousey brings back the BOOTY SHORTS!