Just Curious

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Just Curious
THE_DRiZzLE
1/28/08 2:20:09PM
i've just noticed that some people say "i'de give you props if i could"
so do we have a limit on props that can be given out or is this for some other reason?
and if so what is the other reason?
SmileR
1/28/08 2:24:28PM
I just propped you to see if it works. I think it did.
DCRage
1/28/08 2:25:37PM
There is indeed a limit per day, I believe it's so you "spread the love" as they like to say rather than just giving them to the same person over and over.
jiujitsufreak74
1/28/08 2:28:56PM
the limit is that if you prop a user, you have to prop a certain amount of other users before propping the same user again. this is meant to prevent two people from just boosting their props by just propping each other. it has its ups and downs but overall it is effective and promotes opening yourself to other people's ideas instead of the same few people.
THE_DRiZzLE
1/28/08 2:36:25PM
ok.. yeah that makes total sense to me.. i thought that might have something to do with it.. thanx for the responses..

lol.. SmileR thanx for the prop but i think you misunderstood what i was saying.. partly my fault for the wording i used.. i wasn't referring to peeps giving me props.. just that other peeps had said that before to other people..
Pookie
1/28/08 2:37:24PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

the limit is that if you prop a user, you have to prop a certain amount of other users before propping the same user again. this is meant to prevent two people from just boosting their props by just propping each other. it has its ups and downs but overall it is effective and promotes opening yourself to other people's ideas instead of the same few people.

100% correct

But there also is a limit to how many props you can give per 24 hours.
tuvok500
1/28/08 2:42:25PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

100% correct

But there also is a limit to how many props you can give per 24 hours.

Yeah, you right, i have reached the limit per day at christmas when i was giving everybody in my team a prop as a chritmas's gifts !! lol

i think the limit is like 20, not sure but around that.

SmileR
1/28/08 2:57:39PM

Posted by THE_DRiZzLE

ok.. yeah that makes total sense to me.. i thought that might have something to do with it.. thanx for the responses..

lol.. SmileR thanx for the prop but i think you misunderstood what i was saying.. partly my fault for the wording i used.. i wasn't referring to peeps giving me props.. just that other peeps had said that before to other people..

Sorry man my fault
I should have paid more attention. You deserve the prop anyway!