Cung Le Out Of SF MW Tourney, Manhoef Eyed For Spot

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Cung Le Out Of SF MW Tourney, Manhoef Eyed For Spot
DCRage
7/2/10 7:14:35AM
With Cung Le opting not to participate in Strikeforce's upcoming Middleweight Title Tournament, the field may now get a bit more "Marvelous". Scott Coker says Le plans to stick to superfights and not participate, and as a result Coker will invite feared striker Melvin Manhoef to participate in the tournament. Coker said today that the shape of the tournament and number of events in which it will play out still are being decided.

Article
Giant_Ochai
7/2/10 9:15:46AM
Any of these potential tournament bouts would count as superfights using Strkeforce's roster. I'd like to see Zelg Galesic brought in as Cung's next superfight opponent.
Twenty20Dollars
7/2/10 1:27:22PM
Souza
Lawler
Kennedy
Henderson
Miller
Misaki/Santigo winner
Diaz
Manhoef
Smith
Villasenor

Should be some epic match-ups.
Drudinh
7/2/10 1:56:24PM
The one thing that bugs me about Cung Le is that he seems to stay just to his home in CA. Can't say I don't blame him because of the awesome population of Viet fight fans in his area. It must be a lot of fun out there.
RearNakedJoke
7/2/10 5:12:53PM
i hear the winner of the tourny gets a UFC contract!

Le isnt much of a team player is he?
hate4thestate
7/2/10 6:26:08PM
this will be the sickest tournament to go down in awhile. i am so stoked for this. manhoef in their now its gonna be awesome. i wanna manhoef vs le tho. that would be the craziest **** ever possibly.
jae_1833
7/2/10 8:09:52PM
I think they should sign Hector Lombard if he wins his next fight as well.