Cung Le vs Rich Franklin booked for UFC on FUEL TV 6 in China on Nov. 10

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Cung Le vs Rich Franklin booked for UFC on FUEL TV 6 in China on Nov. 10
sparky
8/5/12 8:18:34PM
The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is coming to China and come hell or high water, it seems, Cung Le will be headlining the card.

Despite a nasty toe injury that has required some radical round-the-clock therapy, the former Strikeforce champion has been booked to throw leather against Rich Franklin for the planned UFC on FUEL TV 6 event on Nov. 10, 2012, at the CotaiArena at the Venetian Macao-Resort-Hotel in the People's Republic of China.

The logic behind the matchmaking here is clear. Although born in Vietnam, Le competed many times internationally during his kickboxing career. He's not so big a name that he would be wasted on a free FUEL card -- same for Franklin -- but not so small so as not to draw a big crowd.

It's the perfect mix.

Link
kopower
8/5/12 8:22:57PM
I like the match up. Should be a fun fight.
pmoney
8/5/12 8:27:14PM

Posted by kopower

I like the match up. Should be a fun fight.

Ace and Le always put on entertaining fights. I doubt this will be any different.
prophecy033
8/5/12 9:15:13PM
Still interested in this matchup, glad they put it back together
MALICE
8/5/12 9:16:15PM
Le's performances are always exciting. What's not exciting about a man who uses kicks instead of jabs. Franklin is always exciting as well. I'm thinking Franklin UD but one well placed kick from Le could change everything.
Goatenstein
8/5/12 9:25:18PM
I expect a close first round followed by a stoppage in favor of the pet detective in round 2. Cung Le then retires or lays off the junk food and fights at 170.
JLS1980
8/5/12 9:40:18PM
I like this fight a lot. Le is very underrated if you ask me.
Franklin and Le where originally slated for the UFC 148 card before Vitor Belfort was injured and Franklin had to step in and fight Wanderlei Silva at UFC 147.
The money line had Franklin nearly 3 1/2-1 fav over Le.
So Le ended up facing Patrick Cote at UFC 148 where Le was again a pretty big underdog.
I'm just glad to see these 2 guys get to go at it as originally planned. I expect Franklin to be a favorite in this one again but I doubt it'll be 3 1/2-1. Probably more like 2 1/2 to one.
Le's only UFC loss is to the Wanderlei, a fight that Le was winning for the most part until the Axe Murderer put it on him. At 40 years old Le is still a competitive force and shouldn't be taken lightly.I see Franklin winning by UD though.
Poor_Franklin
8/5/12 9:45:49PM

Posted by prophecy033

glad they put it back together

tcunningham
8/5/12 10:57:00PM
this is a very logical matchup for both these fighters.
Budgellism
8/6/12 6:52:10AM
Should be a fun main event
Theoutlaw08
8/6/12 9:49:49AM
This will be a fun one to watch. Should be a good stand up war.
george112
8/6/12 10:36:03AM
I wouldn't be surprised if franklin went for the takedown. Le is someone he can Sub.

I see le gassing and franklin finishing him by whatever he feels like.

It will be a fun first round though. Franklin is just on that next level that le isn't. Franklin never gasses le however does and will
Chael_Sonnen
8/6/12 10:41:44AM
Rich should get an award from the UFC for just being a ready and willing fighter stepping up when the company needs him to put on big fights.....if I could PROP 'Ace' I would....a virtual interweb fist pound will have to suffice for now.

Absolutely love this fight......Franklin via a commanding UD

Le has underrated wrestling...it will be interesting to see if he will utilize it.
prozacnation1978
8/6/12 1:06:49PM
franklin vs le is a good middleweight bout
DancingDoll
8/6/12 1:30:27PM
Cung Le is stylistically such an entertaining fighter to watch. I'll be looking forward to this one.
Sir_Karl
8/6/12 5:16:48PM
While I am definitely not putting my absolute favorite fighter Patrick Cote down I think Franklin has the skills to avoid Cung's unorthodox striking (which Cote pretty much did) and eventually finish him in the process (which Cote didn't do). I say Franklin wins by KO or TKO in the late 2nd round or early 3rd.
Cooler
8/8/12 12:49:58AM
Cung Le by KO